AVS Forum banner

41681 - 41700 of 65318 Posts

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Ooh... if it's like DisplayCalNoob noted, I myself would replace it.

Perhaps yours was delivered by that same driver: :D

Encore!

That one never gets old. You know you jinxed me right? :p At least the curse was passed on to someone else this time.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Thanks for the tips! I tried knocking on the screen as suggested and it helped a little. This bleeding issue is the only thing I wish was better with this TV, everything else has been great. The bleeding is confined to a small and less important part of the screen too. New pictures with slightly less bleeding are attached. The issue is also exaggerated when pausing so a third picture is included that shows how it normally looks when watching content.

I will most likely keep the TV because I think it would cost me about $200 to ship it back and that's more than a third of my net cost for buying the TV.
I would return that Display. That looks like a major problem to me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Any way to test without the portsaver -- the console going direct to the TV?

For the record, I'm using a PS4 Pro on a P50, and am not experiencing dropouts during HDR games. I'm on the latest beta firmware.
I suppose that would be the logical next step. I'm using the portsavers because I also have a PS VR. Not sure if you've heard about it, but the VR box will not pass an HDR signal, so I'm using the portsavers due to the switching back and forth of the HDMI cable. I'll try connecting straight to the port and see if the issue clears up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Intermittent lines along sides of screen

Hi folks--I'm approaching my final couple weeks before I can no longer return my P75-C1 and I'm noticing intermittent lines along the edges of the LCD panel. The lines do not appear to be bad pixels--they seem to be more processing related as it is generally several rows of pixels and can vary in color (I've noticed both green and purple at different times). The line is usually along the top edge of the panel, but I've also noticed it once or twice along either side. In the attached image, it's along the top edge, purple, and had a strange moving gray box along the line from left to right (sorry for the poor quality).

The line *usually* goes away after switching video modes, however this morning I noticed that it was persistent between mode (framerate) changes a couple times and it finally went away after the 3rd or 4th mode change. Similarly, I've also had it show up after a video mode change. I swapped out the HDMI cable between the TV and AVR this morning thinking maybe it's some weird HDCP artifacting due to the cable and haven't seen it again, but given the intermittent nature, I don't if it's resolved.

Has anyone else seen anything like this--either with the P series or other sets? Trying to figure out if I should exchange it with the retailer while I can or if there might be something else going on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi folks--I'm approaching my final couple weeks before I can no longer return my P75-C1 and I'm noticing intermittent lines along the edges of the LCD panel. The lines do not appear to be bad pixels--they seem to be more processing related as it is generally several rows of pixels and can vary in color (I've noticed both green and purple at different times). The line is usually along the top edge of the panel, but I've also noticed it once or twice along either side. In the attached image, it's along the top edge, purple, and had a strange moving gray box along the line from left to right (sorry for the poor quality).

The line *usually* goes away after switching video modes, however this morning I noticed that it was persistent between mode (framerate) changes a couple times and it finally went away after the 3rd or 4th mode change. Similarly, I've also had it show up after a video mode change. I swapped out the HDMI cable between the TV and AVR this morning thinking maybe it's some weird HDCP artifacting due to the cable and haven't seen it again, but given the intermittent nature, I don't if it's resolved.

Has anyone else seen anything like this--either with the P series or other sets? Trying to figure out if I should exchange it with the retailer while I can or if there might be something else going on here.
This is a known issue. Changing inputs on your receiver will almost always get rid of the line. Vizio is aware of it, and it should be fixed on a future firmware update.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is a known issue. Changing inputs on your receiver will almost always get rid of the line. Vizio is aware of it, and it should be fixed on a future firmware update.
Thanks for the quick answer! I did search before posting, but must not have been using the right keywords. Believe it not, that's good news for me though--I really didn't want to box this giant thing up and go through the whole hassle of an exchange.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Think I need to send the tablet back to Vizio. After the update, it's just an infinite loop of the splash screen coming up and staying frozen. Anyone else have this issue too?

I finally got it to the Android Recovery screen. Waited until the battery died, then plugged it in, then held the power button and volume down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine has done that before, too. In fact, it's currently in that loop. Eventually, it comes up to a window saying something about "updating app xxx of yyy" and SLOOOOWWWWLLLYYYY advances through the apps until it finally finishes, and then it's back to normal. It is some kind of extremely screwy software update process that does that (and/or it happens if the tablet battery goes completely dead; not sure which). Mine is currently up to app 5 of 14. Fingers crossed it will finish sometime today...

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
It worked for me.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
If it worked once then it can unwork itself just as easily. After the troubles I had with those displays I don't trust anything that can be fixed or broken by jostling it.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
So without using FALD picture quality wise the D 4k and P are in the same ballpark?

The P Series would still have HDR (great improvement) and brighter whites. SDR wouldn't be too much different I believe. If you want to watch it at 100% Backlight then there would be quite a difference.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Product with Stand Dimensions 66.21”W x 40.57”H x 13.74”D
Product with Stand Weight 103.62 lbs.
Product without Stand Dimensions 66.21”W x 37.97”H x 2.53”D
Product without Stand Weight 102.29 lbs.
Product Packaging Dimensions 76.97”W x 44.41”H x 9.92”D
Product Packaging Weight 136.91lbs.
Distance Between Stands (inner) 53.99"
Distance Between Stands (outer) 57.45"
Regarding the width of the stands for the 75" model, I don't suppose there's *any* chance that there are "alternative" stand widths that can be purchased for this set, is there?

The Vizio P75 is very appealing to me for it's FALD and DV support at a greater-than-65" size... and at it's price-point, it basically undercuts anything/everything else that can check all those boxes. But 57.45" is about 1.5" wider than my current stand can accomodate, and if I have to purchase a new TV stand, this becomes a much harder sell for my wife (who REALLY likes the current stand I own)... whereas Sony appears to have sets that are going to be getting a firmware update to enable DV, at which point will also check all of these boxes (75", FALD, DV), all-be-it at a much higher price point (but with a stand that will let me continue to use the furniture that currently has the wifey-seal-of-approval...).

·
Registered
36 Posts
The P Series would still have HDR (great improvement) and brighter whites. SDR wouldn't be too much different I believe. If you want to watch it at 100% Backlight then there would be quite a difference.

HDR at this point doesn't matter to me, it's still in its infant stages. The p based on specs still seems to have deeper blacks, a better response time, brighter whites, 10 bit color and is about 260 nits brighter if u need it

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Regarding the width of the stands for the 75" model, I don't suppose there's *any* chance that there are "alternative" stand widths that can be purchased for this set, is there?

The Vizio P75 is very appealing to me for it's FALD and DV support at a greater-than-65" size... and at it's price-point, it basically undercuts anything/everything else that can check all those boxes. But 57.45" is about 1.5" wider than my current stand can accomodate, and if I have to purchase a new TV stand, this becomes a much harder sell for my wife (who REALLY likes the current stand I own)... whereas Sony appears to have sets that are going to be getting a firmware update to enable DV, at which point will also check all of these boxes (75", FALD, DV), all-be-it at a much higher price point (but with a stand that will let me continue to use the furniture that currently has the wifey-seal-of-approval...).
I believe many people have had luck with this universal stand on the 75.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
This is true for any display that's FALD, in fact there isn't a display that's not at risk during transportation.

If it makes it through shipping and doesn't have any problems then I would keep it. However, if it breaks during shipping I would not be willing to unbreak it by tapping/banging on it. I would just return it.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts

Technically if you calibrate both displays to REC.709 then they are "identical" for SDR content by definition. Now if you don't calibrate them then it is definitely possible that you could enjoy the P-series even more than the lesser models. :D

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
HDR at this point doesn't matter to me, it's still in its infant stages. The p based on specs still seems to have deeper blacks, a better response time, brighter whites, 10 bit color and is about 260 nits brighter if u need it
Well...I never! Well you haven't seen true HDR then, baby!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well...I never! Well you haven't seen true HDR then, baby!

u

Lol XD
I haven't seen anything HDR related. I'm just not interested until HDR and 4k become standard. Besides I sold my ps4 which was HDR compatible, plus I don't have an HDR 4k blurry older. The ninth do switch doesn't support HDR either. Ideally I'd be happier if the P was 1080p because then the pricing would be reduced.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Technically if you calibrate both displays to REC.709 then they are "identical" for SDR content by definition. Now if you don't calibrate them then it is definitely possible that you could enjoy the P-series even more than the lesser models. :D

Haha, true. If ALZ is Off....

41681 - 41700 of 65318 Posts