AVS Forum banner

42301 - 42320 of 64785 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Some of the Monoprice Premium Certified cables will work.

The best are the Blue Jeans Cables series 1 for a 25 foot HDMI cable, they are what I use.

Here is the link:
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cable.htm
Actually you want a Premium Certified 18gbps Active HDMI, 50ft is the limit that type of cable. These cables are one way, source to display, it actually matters what end is connected to each device. Active HDMI cables use power from the HDMI port, giving you the to remove inline signal boosters, this allows the cable to maintain signal quality up to 50ft.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
The peak-brights are not subtle at all.

Must be something amiss in the chain. It should be very obvious
and and eye-opener when you see any bright-peaks in HDR.

Put it this way. Someone is shining a flashlight in your eyes from
'x' distance. Then, all of a sudden... it's a car's headlight shining
in your eyes. Sorta like that. ;)

Any thoughts on what might be amiss in the chain? Not too much that could be adjusted here I feel like.

I'm using calibrated/dark, and actually reset to the default values. Do you think I would benefit trying a factory reset of the actual tv?

I was casting Iron Fist episode 3 (2160p, HDR) and noticed the flowers on the steps looked nice, so I did an A/B comparison and switched to the Xbox one (1080p, no HDR) and found them to be the exact same.

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
I don't think that is a DV issue, but Vizio algorithm that lowers peak brightness to remedy blooming. The only option to use, is what the Dolby Pulsar does and that's have individual led control and Sony has already done it with Z9D, which means going away from zones.

It just takes Vizio willingness​ to do the R&D.

I never said it was a DV issue. My point is that if someone is using the DV backlight at 80% or whatever that the highlights will be less pronounced. It was an extension of what you were replying to...lol. I thought I used english.

Well, I do have a shot with DSE you can see during content, so that's somethin maybe. Thanks.
I'm sure without a doubt that the pink in your image will show up during snow sports or watching powder skiing etc.... You want those submitted. I even sent onces I edited marking my areas of concern.

It's a retro game running on a Nintendo Switch. Zelda looks fine so I don't think it's a connection issue. I've been digging through his posts and there are a lot of them!

@shoman94 would you mind enlightening me to what you saw?
I don't think I replied to you. You'll have to ask @Ph8te

An experimental look at panel patterns to reveal The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. :D

Is it just me, or is there a pattern change since the 3.xx Firmware series?

I don't recall the 'cross-hatch' type pattern like it is now, where can be seen at times
during content viewing. Anyone?

Just 'Wondering'. I'm 'The Wonderer'... I just Wonder - around, around, around. :)

I've seen that cross hatch since my seconds display...even with 2.x.x.x firmware.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I never said it was a DV issue. My point is that if someone is using the DV backlight at 80% or whatever that the highlights will be less pronounced. It was an extension of what you were replying to...lol. I thought I used english.

I'm sure without a doubt that the pink in your image will show up during snow sports or watching powder skiing etc.... You want those submitted. I even sent onces I edited marking my areas of concern.

I've seen that cross hatch since my seconds display...even with 2.x.x.x firmware.
Yeah, you did(English). So are you saying this is a function of DV no matter the display?

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Any thoughts on what might be amiss in the chain? Not too much that could be adjusted here I feel like.

I'm using calibrated/dark, and actually reset to the default values. Do you think I would benefit trying a factory reset of the actual tv?

I was casting Iron Fist episode 3 (2160p, HDR) and noticed the flowers on the steps looked nice, so I did an A/B comparison and switched to the Xbox one (1080p, no HDR) and found them to be the exact same.
Model size?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have searched the thread but I am not sure about something:

Got my P50-C1 on Friday. Long story short, I can get picture on my PS4 Pro with subsampling on, and the PS4 reporting 2k/4k hdr, if I have it set to 2160p (Ycrcb). If I try 2160 (RGB), I usually get no signal, and occasionally get a picture for a couple of seconds in and out. I have tried a least 5 different cables including the monoprice ceftified hdr cables listed above, and tried ports 1 - 4. No problems on Ycbcr, never a constant picture on RGB. Is this normal or should I order a bunch more cables to try?

·
Registered
20,228 Posts

Shoman this was in regards to the split screen issue, I could have sworn it was you that went through that ordeal, apologies if you were not the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
Yeah, you did(English). So are you saying this is a function of DV no matter the display?

UGH... no.... lol

You were responding to this:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
I completely agree, but if you are set to Vivid with a backlight of 80 you might not notice it much. I think it is too subtle for some if they don't know what they are looking for.

I was saying that having the backlight raised can also be the issue.

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
Shoman this was in regards to the split screen issue, I could have sworn it was you that went through that ordeal, apologies if you were not the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I was one that went through both. the tearing and I one that had 2 different tones between the halves but it was consistant. His is crazy different whyen it happens to him. He probably needs to call in for a replacement....

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
It's a retro game running on a Nintendo Switch. Zelda looks fine so I don't think it's a connection issue. I've been digging through his posts and there are a lot of them!

@shoman94 would you mind enlightening me to what you saw?
Are you only seeing this difference in screen halves at certain time? Certain equipment? Certain input? Certain resolution? etc.....

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
That fix has been posted for months. As I remember you have to use the Android app to "fix a command", and change HDMI 5 to COMP, the reason being Vizio changed the order of the inputs (most likely due to Google Home integration).

I believe it was shoman94 who posted the fix. Worked great for me.
I just used the desktop app and noticed that CAST was set to HDMI 5, so I changed CAST to CAST and hopefully that fixes it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
That is the biggest problem with HDR10, being open source each display manufacturer and video producer can set the way they think it should look, no two are the same. Dolby Vision has standardized the way things should look so all displays should look the same and all videos will look the same on any brand of display.

HDR10 videos will look similar on your display once you get the settings close but you will still have to adjust it a lot more depending on the video.
The odd thing is PS4 Pro looks fantastic, Horizon Dawn is absolutely beautiful in HDR. Gears of War just looks brighter in HDR, doesn't pop as much.

What are your settings for Calibrated Dark?

Default, using Chad's settings for just about everything. However, xbox does look better in Standard and Game. PS4 looks great under just about anything.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
I don't own the xboxs but washed usually means color is off. Try switching back and forth between ycbcr and rgb full and limited.
I have everything set to automatic. I will give it a try today.

I am tempted to pick up a Roku Premiere or Blu-ray player that supports Dolby Vision to verify HDR just sucks on the Xbox One S.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Guys, I've noticed a new small issue after the latest firmware update. I get a message that pops up about once an hour or so saying the connection to the remote was lost and it needs to be re-paired (or something like that). Is anyone else experiencing it? (And, Yes, I've done a reset after updating the firmware :))

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Guys, I've noticed a new small issue after the latest firmware update. I get a message that pops up about once an hour or so saying the connection to the remote was lost and it needs to be re-paired (or something like that). Is anyone else experiencing it? (And, Yes, I've done a reset after updating the firmware :))
I think I use to get that error, but it was the little remote causing the problem. I just took the batteries out of it :).

·
Registered
465 Posts
42301 - 42320 of 64785 Posts