AVS Forum banner

42361 - 42380 of 64785 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
@JBran24 I don't believe the Mi Box supports HDR for Vudu (yet).

Xiaomi Mi Box

There is a Mi Box thread in the Networked Media Player section of the forum you may want to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that is because VUDU only supports DV at the moment, and unless you have a chromecast ultra or VUDU built into your TV that supports DV (LG or Vizio) it is the only way to get it in HDR.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Is your PS4 set to 2160 RGB or YUV420? When I set my pro to RGB I mostly get no signal with the occasional picture flicker and I have tried multiple cables including monoprice certified 18gbps cables.
Vizio P50-C1, PS4 Pro direct to input 2 w/ Subsampling=ON using 6 foot Monoprice certified 18Gb/s cable - all console display options set to automatic.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Vizio P50-C1, PS4 Pro direct to input 2 w/ Subsampling=ON using 6 foot Monoprice certified 18Gb/s cable - all console display options set to automatic.
Thanks. I literally have the exact same setup as you right down to the cables and get no signal if I use automatic or RGB. I must choose YUV to get a picture with sub sampling. Even CEC works with the no signal.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Thanks. I literally have the exact same setup as you right down to the cables and get no signal if I use automatic or RGB. I must choose YUV to get a picture with sub sampling. Even CEC works with the no signal.
Strange - what you are describing sounds like either cable bandwidth, handshaking, or something in-between, like an AVR. But if you are going direct you should be fine with your setup.

When have you last done a factory reset on the TV? Also might try a different input on the TV -- double-check that sub-sampling is on for that input if you move it.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Apparently you can't cast Watch ESPN or Fox Sports GO.

The Fox Spurts Stop App is Cast-able, unless somehow
you have a much older version of the App.

In the Giggle Play Store, you'll see how low-rated this App
is. Out of all the Cavs games I've watched via this (cr)App,
only ONE GAME played fine from beginning to end.

I don't know how much of it is the App vs server-demand.
99.99% of the time, NetFlix works fine, so it's not an ISP,
InterNet, or Vizio problem. That leaves Fox having the
problem whatever they're not doing.

Did you know that there use to be just 'freezes' then back
to the game. Content missed entirely. So what did later
revisions of the (cr)App do? They introduced 'skip-back'
where the previous 5-to-10 seconds would replay - but
to get caught up, the broadcast will resume to near-real time
and you still missed part of the game. :mad:

I've recently seen where the 'skip-back' happened just after
a break. The game resumes and then all of a sudden, the
previous commercial is playing again! (So, some of these
skip-backs are a lot longer than 10 seconds!)

What a sad deal from Fox. :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Question regarding optical out. I have my P65 hooked to my soundbar via optical out but every 20 to 40 seconds it drops out for a few seconds. It is incredibly annoying and makes it hard to enjoy watching anything. Had the same issue with my M series. Have tried multiple cables and sound bars from Vizio, Sony and LG so I know it's not the soundbar. Anyone else experiencing this and any idea how to correct?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Strange - what you are describing sounds like either cable bandwidth, handshaking, or something in-between, like an AVR. But if you are going direct you should be fine with your setup.

When have you last done a factory reset on the TV? Also might try a different input on the TV -- double-check that sub-sampling is on for that input if you move it.
Done all that multiple times. The PS4 does report 2k/4k hdr with subsampling on when I choose YUV420, but never a steady picture when RGB is selected and I thought 2160k RGB is what is needed for 10 bit HDR.

·
Registered
779 Posts
All of the reviews say the picture with this TV is amazing, I just don't know if I'm sold on the tablet as the tuner. So, I'd love a few individuals to give their input: How does the TV look and perform? What about the Tablet? I'm a little frightened to go this route because the forum here over the last few months seems to give negative input on this tv.
I replaced a 10-month-old 2015 Vizio M60 with a P65 because why not? I first tried a 55" KS8000 for two days but the flaws of edge-lighting drove me to spend 60% more for the P65 and no regrets at all.

It's slower to get going when turned on, but otherwise is fine. I've had some weird funkiness with image corruption/freezing and the bizarre 53-second momentary freeze issue, but they are intermittent and more minor nuisances than show-stopping problems. It seems to me the P75 is the most problematic of the series, judging from what seems to get talked about here, but any mass-produced consumer electronics item is going to have bad units.

As for the tablet, my buddy has a M50 and likes using it whereas I only touch mine to adjust settings of verify HDR is working or cast the one UHD Vudu movie I own. Otherwise, all content but Blu-rays and videogames comes from my Nvidia SHIELD TV which delivers HDR Netflix and Amazon Prime (but not Vudu at the moment or YouTube ever due to hardware limitations) and all other streaming apps.

OTA TV is fed from the HDHomeRun Connect tuner box. I use a Harmony 650 remote to run the whole shebang and those can be found for $50 or less.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here's a pic from my screen, please ignore the window reflection :

Thank you so much for that. That confirms that I'm definitely having some problem. Is it possible that because the TV is mounted to the wall that this could happen? Or is it actually possible that eight or ten different HDMI cables that I tried some of which are Monoprice HDR certified premium would all have the same issue but a couple of them would have an occasional picture flickering on?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Question regarding optical out. I have my P65 hooked to my soundbar via optical out but every 20 to 40 seconds it drops out for a few seconds. It is incredibly annoying and makes it hard to enjoy watching anything. Had the same issue with my M series. Have tried multiple cables and sound bars from Vizio, Sony and LG so I know it's not the soundbar. Anyone else experiencing this and any idea how to correct?
With what audio sources? Have you tried just using the Set's internal speakers to verify it is not a problem with you audio source.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing extremely dark content for Amazon HDR? Sneaky Pete, for example, is so dim as to be unwatchable in Calibrated and its not a problem that appears to be correctable with gamma or other picture tweaks. Vizio is reporting HDR in the tablet settings.

I'm seeing this on Roku Ultra and Nvidia Shield, so its not a specific app, or even a particular device or app ecosystem. Meridian and other Netflix HDR content works fine from both devices. Amazon looks fine if I switch the output of either device to be non HDR in their respective display configs.

I didn't have this problem a few weeks ago, which makes me wonder if this is a change in Vizio firmware (running 3.0.14.0) or something changed at Amazons end.
I am running 3.0.14.0 on a P65. I just checked Amazon HDR on my Roku Ultra. I am using Calibirated Dark with a 50 Backlight & Gamma 2.2... Sneaky Pete looks overly dark while bright but I haven't watched the show prior to this firmware. I checked Man In the High Castle which looked the same as with the earlier firmware, which is to say excellant. I am still watching the Grand Tour which looks a little more vivid with this latest firmware.

·
Registered
187 Posts
With what audio sources? Have you tried just using the Set's internal speakers to verify it is not a problem with you audio source.
I have. The set plays fine on internal speakers and I am just using optical out to a soundbar for the audio source. Not going through any switches or anything. Happens on streaming such as netflix, PS Vue, happens on my PS4 when playing games from a disc or streaming. Also happens when casting.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
So I went to play some PS4 last night & there is a wide black bar going across the middle of my screen, it's very visible against solid backgrounds & it wasn't there the day before. It shows up on every device too so it's definitely the TV. Any idea what this could be? I've only had the set since late August.

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
Hopefully this pic attached.
Oh man that stinks. Looks like a row went out. Time to call Vizio.

...sent from my Axon7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Oh man that stinks. Looks like a row went out. Time to call Vizio.

...sent from my Axon7 using Tapatalk
Yeah I chatted with a an agent earlier, couldn't help me until I was at home with the set to troubleshoot. I have a claim number so I'll have to contact them again when I'm home. Just very disappointing.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I have. The set plays fine on internal speakers and I am just using optical out to a soundbar for the audio source. Not going through any switches or anything. Happens on streaming such as netflix, PS Vue, happens on my PS4 when playing games from a disc or streaming. Also happens when casting.
I'd suggest setting the Vizio Audio setting to Bitstream. With that setting I have no problems with DTS UHD disks, Netflix DD+ etc, over optical to my 5.1 soundbar.

42361 - 42380 of 64785 Posts