·
Registered
3,970 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
ALZ off again:

Also notice how crappy the gradients look?
I've noticed that a lot across scenes of ocean
or sky or horizon etc when there are long
gradients it looks very choppy, this photo is a
bit extreme because it's a standard def preview.
What source is that gradient?

Do you have examples in NetFlix from the Tablet?

Here's what I saw with 'Revolution' on NetFlix, but
mostly I do not see it:

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Iron fist in Dolby vision is no longer working on Netflix. Other titles still work but not iron fist. What is going on? P65 casting Netflix app. Dolby vision icon doesn't show up either when you start the episode.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thank u bro , If u have the chance to choose between 2 monitors , Whichever you prefer for best black levels and contrast ?

1) IPS + FALD + 384 dimming zones .

2) VA + FALD + 128 dimming zones .
The only display that Vizio makes with 384 FALD zones is their R series, the P55 IPS display has 128 zones.

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
ALZ off again:

Also notice how crappy the gradients look? I've noticed that a lot across scenes of ocean or sky or horizon etc when there are long gradients it looks very choppy, this photo is a bit extreme because it's a standard def preview.
Wow that is extremely weird. Looks like different toned sections like a football field.

...sent from my Axon7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Hey all,

I just got a P65 and pretty happy with it, but am
experiencing a strange issue with my Nvidia Shield.

I've been using the shield before with several different
TVs (1080p though) with no issues. But with the P65
sometimes when pausing Netflix, the [Display] makes
a very loud high pitched noise that stops when I press play.

A Vizio issue. I have it during audio muting of my DVR and Cable Tuner.
Anywhere from 30%-to-60% of the time it happens.

Started with the 3.xx Firmware Updates.

Matt said he and/or Vizio monitors the forum, but yet no confirmation
one way or the other of this problem.

Shall we all open tickets for this 'tone' problem for those that haven't yet
done so? :eek:

Reactions: mzaur

·
Registered
225 Posts
Iron fist in Dolby vision is no longer working on Netflix. Other titles still work but not iron fist. What is going on? P65 casting Netflix app. Dolby vision icon doesn't show up either when you start the episode.
Jessica Jones was broken last 2 days but appears to be working again as of now

·
Registered
41 Posts
The only display that Vizio makes with 384 FALD zones is their R series, the P55 IPS display has 128 zones.
I don't want compare R series with P55 IPS , I want compare IPS + 384 FALD zones VS VA + 128 zones .

Is really increase the number FALD zones with IPS panel will beat VA + 128 zones and give us better black levels ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Official Vizio 2016 P Series Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please

I just noticed today that the tablet that came with my P55 has a bulge in the back of the case. I noticed it when I put it on the dock and it would not sit flat.

I can't recall it ever overheating. But obviously the battery must have some issues. It seems to be holding a charge though.

Is the back of the device flat on your device?

I leave it on the charging stand basically 24/7 with the device on, I suppose that is not good for it..?

Would it be worth contacting Vizio support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Official Vizio 2016 P Series Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please

A Vizio issue. I have it during audio muting of my DVR and Cable Tuner.
Anywhere from 30%-to-60% of the time it happens.

Started with the 3.xx Firmware Updates.

Matt said he and/or Vizio monitors the forum, but yet no confirmation
one way or the other of this problem.

Shall we all open tickets for this 'tone' problem for those that haven't yet
done so? :eek:

Seriously? How long has this been an issue? I'm still within return window and may return it because of this. I don't know how you can deal with it! I jumped out of my seat the first time it happened lol It's a great TV otherwise. If there was some correspondence from Vizio about it with ETA then I would be willing to wait

When I get home I will open a ticket. Do you mean emailing Vizio support or is there a better way? Any other info I should include?

I only use the Tv for Netflix and Plex through the Shield. Strangely it doesn't happen with Plex. And issue is resolved if I change from 5.1 to stereo in Netflix. Don't have a cable tv box to test but I do have PS4. Will try that when I get home to see if issue occurs with that too

·
Registered
615 Posts
I don't want compare R series with P55 IPS , I want compare IPS + 384 FALD zones VS VA + 128 zones .

Is really increase the number FALD zones with IPS panel will beat VA + 128 zones and give us better black levels ?
You are missing the point, NONE of the P series displays have 384 FALD zones.

The P55 IPS panel ONLY has 128 zones.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You are missing the point, NONE of the P series displays have 384 FALD zones.

The P55 IPS panel ONLY has 128 zones.
LOL , I really know this , I try to make a comparison between upcoming Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR with IPS + 384 FALD zones VS current Vizio VA panels + 128 zones .

I imagine how black levels and contrast will be with IPS + 384 FALD zones for 27'' 4k gaming monitor ?
OR
Even VA with lower FALD zones will beat any increase for FALD zones with IPS panel .

·
Registered
615 Posts
LOL , I really know this , I try to make a comparison between upcoming Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR with IPS + 384 FALD zones VS current Vizio VA panels + 128 zones .

I imagine how black levels and contrast will be with IPS + 384 FALD zones for 27'' 4k gaming monitor ?
OR
Even VA with lower FALD zones will beat any increase for FALD zones with IPS panel .
What does this have to do with the P Series Vizio displays?

This is the Vizio P series owners thread, for Vizio P series owners ONLY!

YOUR QUESTION BELONGS IN SOME OTHER THREAD.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just noticed today that the tablet that came with my P55 has a bulge in the back of the case. I noticed it when I put it on the dock and it would not sit flat.

I can't recall it ever overheating. But obviously the battery must have some issues. It seems to be holding a charge though.

Is the back of the device flat on your device?

I leave it on the charging stand basically 24/7 with the device on, I suppose that is not good for it..?

Would it be worth contacting Vizio support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same thing happened to me. The battery is swelling. Call Vizio, they will send you a new one.

Reactions: blatz8

·
Registered
3,105 Posts

Probably would be best to create a thread or ask in a thread about panel technology. You might find post deleted in a couple days.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Probably would be best to create a thread or ask in a thread about panel technology. You might find post deleted in a couple days.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
OK , Thank u bro .
Please send me a private message , I want to ask u some questions but i can't because I'm still not reach at least 15 post .
Sorry for my english because i'm arabic from egypt .

42581 - 42600 of 64920 Posts