AVS Forum banner

42961 - 42980 of 64796 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Picture wise, fastest wise or anything just wondering why it says best. Im running everything through my receiver so I was wondering if I should connect my older ps4 to it since I watch movies through it.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Picture wise, fastest wise or anything just wondering why it says best. Im running everything through my receiver so I was wondering if I should connect my older ps4 to it since I watch movies through it.
HDMI 1 through 4 is ver. 2.0a, while HDMI 5 is 1.4 - which is why 1-4 is labled "best".

If you want HDR from your PS4, you will need to use inputs 1 through 4. If you want the lowest input lag for gaming, use input 5 - but no HDR from this input.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
HDMI 1-4 also has more video processing but it also has a bit more input lag for Gaming. My AVR has 2 outputs. I send one to HDMI 1 and one to HDMI-5.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
HDMI 1-4 also has more viseo processing but it also has a bit more input LAG for Gaming. My AVR has 2 outputs. I send one to HDMI 1 and one to HDMI-5.
I am still jealous of you, my receiver for some reason won't work with the two different ports hooked up. It works fine if they were Connected to hdmi 1-4 with any other hdmi 1-4. But once I mix in HDMI 5 it fails.

EDIT
NVM the last update for my AVR apparently fixed this issue.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I guess I'm the only one this has happened to.
Are you routing thru an AVR, using a Soundbar or using ARC? Audio dropouts can be caused by any of these things. More details on your equipment and how they are wired could help in troubleshooting your two issues.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Iron Fist - Dolby Vision - NOT

I guess I'm the only one this has happened to.
You are not the only one. It's all over this thread and the 2016 M series thread. There are several of us that are in the same boat. It's not just Ep. 6, as the whole series is impacted. I spent a good part of an hour chatting with a Netflix rep who checked with their engineering group and said they he could see that their server was pushing out HDR data. We tried several other HDR DV programs and those were working correctly - you could see the Dolby Vision logo appear during the episode loading sequence. One other thing I noticed is that for a brief 1/2 second the picture shows some nice color saturation and then it goes to a washed out picture - almost like the HDR data didn't stick - very weird.

I also searched around and discovered that Roku 4K boxes were working - which meant that they were getting an HDR10 feed. Casting does not work with HDR10, only DV. There is a possibility that Netflix switched to HDR10 for this series?? Not really sure. Maybe there is a bad link that is loading the HDR10 versions instead of the DV version? I sent a nastygram to Netflix late last week asking them to check the links to ensure that the feed is DV and not HDR10. I sometimes think that these types of communications go down a black hole.

What's irritating is that the episode preview still indicates that it will load with DV. This is obviously a Netflix issue. I don't think it's the app as other programming is OK. Not the TV as the current firmware has been around for about a month now.

There is a new version of Netflix ( 4.15.0 build 14924 ) released in the past day or so. I just tried again with the new version and still no joy. If anyone has some good info that either confirms or clarifies what the hell is going on - that would be awesome.

Frustrating! :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
You are not the only one. It's all over this thread and the 2016 M series thread. There are several of us that are in the same boat. It's not just Ep. 6, as the whole series is impacted. I spent a good part of an hour chatting with a Netflix rep who checked with their engineering group and said they he could see that their server was pushing out HDR data. We tried several other HDR DV programs and those were working correctly - you could see the Dolby Vision logo appear during the episode loading sequence. One other thing I noticed is that for a brief 1/2 second the picture shows some nice color saturation and then it goes to a washed out picture - almost like the HDR data didn't stick - very weird.

I also searched around and discovered that Roku 4K boxes were working - which meant that they were getting an HDR10 feed. Casting does not work with HDR10, only DV. There is a possibility that Netflix switched to HDR10 for this series?? Not really sure. Maybe there is a bad link that is loading the HDR10 versions instead of the DV version? I sent a nastygram to Netflix late last week asking them to check the links to ensure that the feed is DV and not HDR10. I sometimes think that these types of communications go down a black hole.

What's irritating is that the episode preview still indicates that it will load with DV. This is obviously a Netflix issue. I don't think it's the app as other programming is OK. Not the TV as the current firmware has been around for about a month now.

There is a new version of Netflix ( 4.15.0 build 14924 ) released in the past day or so. I just tried again with the new version and still no joy. If anyone has some good info that either confirms or clarifies what the hell is going on - that would be awesome.

Frustrating! :(
I tried iron fist today and was not getting DV like I did last week. It's got to be a bug on the Netflix end.

·
Registered
134 Posts
HDMI 1-4 also has more viseo processing but it also has a bit more input LAG for Gaming. My AVR has 2 outputs. I send one to HDMI 1 and one to HDMI-5.
What are you sending to the Vizio? Audio and video from 2 different sources?

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
What are you sending to the Vizio? Audio and video from 2 different sources?
I have everything going thru my AVR but I use HDMI-5 when I game thru my XBOX and I use HDMI-1 when I play movies from my XBOX.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My receiver the onkyo rz900 is 2015 model and says it can pass through HDR "formats" with an S, doesn't mention Dolby vision specifically though. I have a direct tv box, older ps4 connected to the receiver and then 1 hdmi out to hdmi 1 on the vizio. I'm waiting for this years uhd bluray players that can also do dv's hdr. Now my question is that in the possibility my receiver won't passthrough Dolby vision on uhd discs from a capable uhd player the only other workaround is to get a uhd player with 2 hdmi outs, video from uhd player direct to the vizio and the other for sound to my receiver right?

·
Coyote Waits
27,239 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been watching with my Sony UBP-X800 on Calibrated Dark mode and would describe it as anything but dull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta be the Xbox then :D

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ever since the last firmware update, ive been having several issues. Just tried factory resetting it via the smartcast app yesterday. So far, SOME of it has cleared up. The app hasn't yet "forgotten" about my TV. However, i still get random "network connection lost" messages on screen while casting. Ive tried different network cables, and have actually connected it to two different routers and still have that problem. I decided to switch to wireless. TV absolutely refused to connect to me 5ghz network. It tries, but ultimately fails. I have it connected to my 2.4ghz network, which is fine i guess. The test network speed via the smartcast app doesn't really seem to work anymore either. It tested once and saw about 17mbps. I have a 1gbps internet service, in which i regularly get 940mbps+ up and down on wired, and about 400mbps up/down on wireless. Everything seems to play just fine, so im just assuming the connection test results just aren't good. I didn't get extensive testing in since switching to wireless, but in the hour i used it i didn't get a network connection message.

Anyone have trouble getting connected to a 5ghz network or with a cable? Also, is there any difference in doing the factory reset via the app vs the button combination on the TV itsself?

Also to bring up the netflix HDR issue that several of us are having.. Does anyone else have another non vizio HDR display to test on? Wondering if its something specific to Vizio TVs, I think the actual problem is on Netflix end however.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Ever since the last firmware update, ive been having several issues. Just tried factory resetting it via the smartcast app yesterday. So far, SOME of it has cleared up. The app hasn't yet "forgotten" about my TV. However, i still get random "network connection lost" messages on screen while casting. Ive tried different network cables, and have actually connected it to two different routers and still have that problem. I decided to switch to wireless. TV absolutely refused to connect to me 5ghz network. It tries, but ultimately fails. I have it connected to my 2.4ghz network, which is fine i guess. The test network speed via the smartcast app doesn't really seem to work anymore either. It tested once and saw about 17mbps. I have a 1gbps internet service, in which i regularly get 940mbps+ up and down on wired, and about 400mbps up/down on wireless. Everything seems to play just fine, so im just assuming the connection test results just aren't good. I didn't get extensive testing in since switching to wireless, but in the hour i used it i didn't get a network connection message.

Anyone have trouble getting connected to a 5ghz network or with a cable? Also, is there any difference in doing the factory reset via the app vs the button combination on the TV itsself?

Also to bring up the netflix HDR issue that several of us are having.. Does anyone else have another non vizio HDR display to test on? Wondering if its something specific to Vizio TVs, I think the actual problem is on Netflix end however.
What specific Netflix issue? I also have a LG C6 I can test.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My receiver the onkyo rz900 is 2015 model and says it can pass through HDR "formats" with an S, doesn't mention Dolby vision specifically though. I have a direct tv box, older ps4 connected to the receiver and then 1 hdmi out to hdmi 1 on the vizio. I'm waiting for this years uhd bluray players that can also do dv's hdr. Now my question is that in the possibility my receiver won't passthrough Dolby vision on uhd discs from a capable uhd player the only other workaround is to get a uhd player with 2 hdmi outs, video from uhd player direct to the vizio and the other for sound to my receiver right?

It is indeed possible and even probable that your receiver will not pass DV. To my knowledge no receiver currently passes DV but some manufacturers have announced future firmware updates to enable DV, notably D&M and that only applies to certain 2016 models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unable run 4k @60hz 4:4:4 on HDMI-1-4

I was hoping someone could help me with running this TV at 4k 60hz 4:4:4 in FULL RGB. I've tried everything for over a month, New Cables, New Display Ports ETC and nothing has worked.

I currently own the P65-C1, I am connecting it to my PC running a GTX 775 GPU via Display Port 1.2 to HDMI cable connecting to HDMI-1 on the TV but no matter what display port to HDMI converter or High Definition HDMI Cable I use I cannot get NATIVE 4k @60hz in either RGB, YCbCr422 or YCbCr444 in the Nvidia Control Panel See Picture attached. The most I can get is 4k @ 30hz in any of those output color format settings. Also worth noting that none of these color formats are able to run 8-bpc in FULL (Output dynamic Range) as the TV goes black if I enable it and then resets back to limited and that is after enabling Full Dynamic Range in the Video Color settings

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Attachments

42961 - 42980 of 64796 Posts