AVS Forum banner

43021 - 43040 of 64785 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
For the P55 owners. How is the viewing angle's from the sides? I typically lay down on the couch when I watch the TV and I notice the fading in the KS8000. Debating exchanging the TV for a P55.
The p55 is an ips panel and will have better viewing angles than a va panel that the ks8000 uses and it will be tolerable to watch, but do not expect the same quality as when viewing the screen from head on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
For the P55 owners. How is the viewing angle's from the sides? I typically lay down on the couch when I watch the TV and I notice the fading in the KS8000. Debating exchanging the TV for a P55.
It is good from sides, I even watch my P-55 from the floor, and display is mounted one foot from the ceiling, I do see a little washout from there.
Dan

·
Registered
86 Posts
Question for those of you with a P-Series and the Oppo 203. Have you found that you have to toggle the HDMI Subsampling on or off depending on the movie you're watching? To get 2160p with the Harry Potter UHDs, I have to turn it off, but other movies.....it has to be on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I'm guessing it's the luck of the draw in terms of who you talk to at Vizio with getting your TV serviced vs. replaced. The first time I called Vizio they just gave me a few tips, then the next time I called, I told them all the steps I'd taken to determine it was the TV and not my equipment. So the rep said on that second call that he could tell it was just a faulty TV. And yes I've had freezing problems since day 1 or very close to it. It must be P-series TVs (seems like only 65" models) manufactured in the last month or two.

I would say give them a chance to fix it with this repairman, and if that doesn't work, I'd return it to Costco for a new model, but my fear is all new models have these issues. Hopefully Vizio is rectifying this. It makes me quite angry, to be honest. I'm jealous of all of the old owners of this TV who don't have to go through with the hassle of all this.

My experience w/ Vizio reps was awful. If he's within the return period w/ Costco, exchange it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Right, but you have a 975 and the poster has a 775, which is much older.

Word, I actually wasn't even aware he was on a mac before someone else pointed it out. The nomenclature on their video cards has been so screwy I haven't paid attention. But pretty sure he'll get it figured out now that a few others chimed in as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok. My previous question about the P and Oppo 203 may be void. My settings were not on UHD in the Oppo, and now they are (forgot about resetting after my latest FW update). Now have subsampling off and getting full 4K with HDR

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
So I see a P75-E1 being discussed in the 2017 M Anticipation thread..........I thought Vizio had confirmed no new P series for 2017? Anybody have any inside information.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I had a ks8000 and returned it. I have a P65-C1 but I tried multiple LG IPS TV's. The Vizio I have looks light years better. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
So I see a P75-E1 being discussed in the 2017 M Anticipation thread..........I thought Vizio had confirmed no new P series for 2017? Anybody have any inside information.
Well the P series is updated every 2 years, the current P75-C1 is the 2016 version so the next version would be P75-E1 and would be released around April of 2018.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well the P series is updated every 2 years, the current P75-C1 is the 2016 version so the next version would be P75-E1 and would be released around April of 2018.
Really? I had no idea. I wish someone would have posted this sooner. Lol.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Does anyone prefer vivid coloring over calibrated for gaming? Playing Battlefront and vivid makes it looks so vibrant
I've tried Vivid just for fun. Can't stand it personally. Crushes blacks and "nukes" primary colors. I stick to Calibrated or Calibrated Dark. Only thing I ever adjust is the back light.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

I like how everyone states this like a fact when the first P series came out in ~October 2014 and the second came out in ~March 2016, about 18 months apart not 24 and that's an N of 1.

That said Matt did say they weren't planning on another P series this year. But I still wouldn't count out late Q4 as Vizio seems to count TVs released in Q4 as part of next years lineup, but that's the absolute earliest it could be released with Q1-2 being the most likely. It just matters when the tech is ready as Vizio just releases their high end sets when they are ready and doesn't much shoot for a normal yearly/bi-yearly release calendar on those.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are early versions of the p series experiencing screen freezes? I ask because my new (March 2017)p series was having screen freezes from the first day of use. I called vizio right away, and they had me do a factory reset. The next day I still had screen freezes, so I called vizio again, and they offered to send a tech to repair and or replace parts. As soon as part's arrive, they will schedule me. But, if they change parts that are from the same batch as those used to build my set, will I just be facing the same issue again? After I thought about it, why are some people getting their sets replaced, and mine repaired? I'll basically end up with a refurbished unit. If I return mine to Costco, I can just order a brand new set, or not. I'm conflicted. I want to give vizio a chance to fix my set, but don't want to keep dealing with the same thing as some others have. I've got a 90 day return window. Ironically, I just took a citicard offer from Costco that adds two years warranty to TV's purchased with that card. Hmmmm
I also got mine from Costco 1.5 months ago and no issue. I say return it and buy a new one. Why deal with repairs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my P65 in August '16, never experienced screen freezes.
I had the same problems with mine starting two or three weeks ago. I also bought my TV at Costco in January. Vizio is sending a new unit to replace the defective one tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be a refurbish one... I've sent them an email to confirm.

43021 - 43040 of 64785 Posts