AVS Forum banner

43941 - 43960 of 64783 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post
Hi, when watching very dark scenes or when the pic fades out I can see brighter image on the left corner at the bottom screen similar to a flash light. It looks much worth when I turn the active led off. Is that normal for this set or am I expecting too much? Afrer all it is not oled but i read such great reviews re screen uniformity. I hope I am not facing a return....

Quote:
What size, p55?, and can you post a photo?

P65. Pic attached. My Samara detected the issue only with the active LED off. When on, the flashlighting was still visible to the eye in a very dark room.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post

Hi, when watching very dark scenes or when the pic fades out I can see brighter image on the left corner at the bottom screen similar to a flash light. It looks much worth when I turn the active led off. Is that normal for this set or am I expecting too much? Afrer all it is not oled but i read such great reviews re screen uniformity. I hope I am not facing a return....

Quote:

P65. Pic attached. My Samara detected the issue only with the active LED off. When on, the flashlighting was still visible to the eye in a very dark room.

There's some corner bleed on the P55's but that looks more like the power lite. There a setting in the Vizio app to disable it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
948 Posts
There's some corner bleed on the P55's but that looks more like the power lite. There a setting in the Vizio app to disable it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Please let me know how to disable it. Is that the active LED on/off or something else. I tell you, it is very annoying to see when the pic fades out.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Did you fix your freezing issue?
I was thinking yesterday that it had been a couple of weeks since I had a freeze other than LiveChannels having the picture often freeze on a still frame while the audio continued for 10-15 seconds before resuming, no power-cycle needed. (As a test, I ran the HDHomeRun app on my Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 simultaneously and it also froze in its own way; I suspect buggy bugs.) Then last night I was on the file select screen of VLC when I left the room to make a call and came back 10-15 mins later to find this waiting. Sigh.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
New remote arrived (on right). Slightly bigger/thicker than original plastic remote, on left.

THANKS Vizio!!!!
Did you get any response after emailing for the remote? I sent the email with my serial number and address around 6 days ago, but haven't heard back. I'm wondering if they'll just send the remote.

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Did you get any response after emailing for the remote? I sent the email with my serial number and address around 6 days ago, but haven't heard back. I'm wondering if they'll just send the remote.
I just got a single email from Ryan @ Vizio, asking me for my serial number to confirm I was on the beta list.

If you are on the list, yours should arrive soon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just got a single email from Ryan @ Vizio, asking me for my serial number to confirm I was on the beta list.

If you are on the list, yours should arrive soon.
Thanks, the mail was just delivered and I received the remote too. I tried it out for a minute and it has a nice feel and is pretty responsive with the display.

Reactions: DaverJ

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks, the mail was just delivered and I received the remote too. I tried it out for a minute and it has a nice feel and is pretty responsive with the display.
Are the remotes shipping from South Dakota? I can see I have a package from SD scheduled for delivery from USPS on 4/22.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Are the remotes shipping from South Dakota? I can see I have a package from SD scheduled for delivery from USPS on 4/22.
Yes, the return address on the envelope is Dakota Dunes, SD.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Thank you. Unfortunately the power indicator is already turned off. I guess it is a faulty panel. Probably will start with the panel lottery game.....
Yes unfortunately.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Isn't there a calibration thread for this display? Can we please move that talk to the correct channel?
You're absolutely right and I did mention that. But we still kept going! Lol
@markrubin could you move the recent calibration talk to the calibration thread? It was over the course of the last day or two.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
I was thinking yesterday that it had been a couple of weeks since I had a freeze other than LiveChannels having the picture often freeze on a still frame while the audio continued for 10-15 seconds before resuming, no power-cycle needed. (As a test, I ran the HDHomeRun app on my Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 simultaneously and it also froze in its own way; I suspect buggy bugs.) Then last night I was on the file select screen of VLC when I left the room to make a call and came back 10-15 mins later to find this waiting. Sigh.
Are you on the beta? I haven't seen it myself since I got the beta update.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Are you on the beta? I haven't seen it myself since I got the beta update.
No. Never bothered sending my S/N in to Matt since he wasn't around for so long and thus am missing out on the fun and free remotes. I'll try to remember when I'm home. PMs are better than open posts in thread, right?

43941 - 43960 of 64783 Posts