AVS Forum banner

48701 - 48720 of 64783 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Nice! You can hide inputs that you don't use now in the input settings.
This is something added in the beta, or regular current firmware?

Regarding doing a full reset after a firmware update.

It is not necessary but sometimes it can clean up issues after a major update.
Just wondering how many of you do a reset after a new firmware hits? It's also fixed issues for me.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Do you know what the link is for the offer that would have been shown? I wasn't around when my TV was upgraded and it was just skipped. I've e-mailed [email protected] for now. When I tried chat support they said:

and they also said they are a bit slow in processing requests right now due to the holiday. In the meantime I am able to use an XRT510 remote from another set with the new SmartCast app.
Here's a pic of the old and new remote.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
My Sammy K8500 would disagree with that statement. It's more content related, but I just streamed a bit of Amazon "Mozart in the Jungle" HDR-10 @ 4K/24, and then I tried some Flix "Iron Fist" and got the same signal/reading. "Meridian" was HDR-10 4K/60, but Full UHD Color is still turned OFF.

Bad cables can be the cause of a lot things, but they won't cause an unrecoverable black screen ( unless I soft reboot ) after simply switching from a DTV 4K channel to a DTV 720P channel with Full UHD Color turned on. Most likely a FW bug. Maybe 3.3.16.1 has addressed this, but I haven't tested it yet. If it was a bad cable, I wouldn't be getting the 4K channel in the first place. That's why I recommend leaving it off unless you've got some of that hardware you listed above, and have no choice.
I don't have a k8500 so I can't test that for sure but @thomasfxlt does and previously he needed it on for HDR streaming from it. Maybe things have changed where all HDR10​ casting content from Netflix was 60hz.

I have been able to enable HDR10 using HDR10 samples from http://rmadvancedcaldisc.com/rm-uhdhdr-10.html on my Nvidia Shield with Full UHD Off. While the tv did show HDR yes, WCG was not enabled. Running color sweeps showed it was still in rec709 mode. Then I enabled Full UHD color and reran the color sweep and verified rec2020.
So while you are getting HDR yes from streaming content I don't think you are getting WCG, which you wouldn't see anyway since you don't own a WCG tv? Did you get a P?
All BJC cables. Since before day 1. Your memory is failing you. ;) This was the early days of the P-65 & Shield. Maybe things have stabilized for those two after a few firmware updates, but the DirecTV 4K box does not like having sub sampling enabled. Drop outs, black outs and various other handshake issues occur. Noted by @Matt McRae way back in the day.

Oops, I mean Full UHD Color. :D
I'm sure there are hardware (device) incompatibilities as well.
Of course I don't remember......lol
But I have seen someone here swap out their bjc cable for monoprice certified to fix their issue. 😜
Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
This is something added in the beta, or regular current firmware?

Regarding doing a full reset after a firmware update.

Just wondering how many of you do a reset after a new firmware hits? It's also fixed issues for me.
I do it every time because I saw a difference in calibration when I didn't do ever since then I have done it religiously.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
I love that the new update allows you to use the directional buttons to move through input selection and picture mode selection left and right and more quickly select the input or mode you want without having to cycle all the way through, really a great improvement.
Nice, I'll try that....

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
WHERE did you notice that? And what is new with this remote, over the XRT135?
On a full reset it will pop up first thing with a link.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Here is the link for the XRT136 remote.
Link removed
@Matt McRae why is this not available to me when I enter the given code? Says my device isn't compatible.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks. When I enter my SN at that link, I get no reply, it simply bumps me to the Support search page. :confused:

My guess is this link will only fully work once the next firmware is release...

Update: Odd, I just noticed the Smartcast app adds a couple #s in front of the SN when compared to the sticker on the TV. Now I get:

"Thank You.
Your TV/Home Theater Display is not eligible for SmartCast TV or a free remote control. If you feel that this is in error, you can hit the back button to try again. If you’ve already done so, you can click here to contact a VIZIO customer service agent."

The title of this page is "Remote Not Affected".

https://full-vizio.cs70.force.com/s/remote?language=en_US
@Matt McRae why is this not available to me when I enter the given code? Says my device isn't compatible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For the Xbox when you go into the app it is switching modes which is why it happens on the apps. The problem is likely your cables.

I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the P75-C1 and the cable that with the PS4 Pro.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Thanks. When I enter my SN at that link, I get no reply, it simply bumps me to the Support search page. :confused:

Update: Odd, I just noticed the Smartcast app adds a couple #s in front of the SN when compared to the sticker on the TV. Now I get:

"Thank You.
Your TV/Home Theater Display is not eligible for SmartCast TV or a free remote control. If you feel that this is in error, you can hit the back button to try again. If you’ve already done so, you can click here to contact a VIZIO customer service agent."
I get the same ineligible message.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It says I'm not eligible when using my P75-C1 serial number. Based on that webpage it looks like this remote has app specific buttons on it unlike the XRT135.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Admittedly, I could have worded that better. I was in a hurry. So there's your gotcha for the day!!

I know more about this stuff than you give me credit for. Most people don't run around with a Murideo SIX-A in their back pockets.

What I know for certain is that in my particular setup, the cable is not the problem, and I'm not the only one who found that by turning off the mostly un-necessary UHD Full Color, the issue went away without swapping cables. I used the word 'mostly" because I know that there is various gear out there that requires that setting.

First world problems.
The problem with those cable testers is they are only able to tell you what the cable can or can't do. Pass or fail.

The one thing they can't do is guarantee a cable is free of defects that cause abnormal behavior. There are many things that can make a cable defective, even if your cable tester shows all tests pass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the P75-C1 and the cable that with the PS4 Pro.
I would recommend that you get some monoprice 18gbps certified cables. They have worked beat for me in all instances. The included Vizio cable didn't work for me.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts

"Thank You.
I got the same thing but don't care as I use a Harmony remote.

·
Registered
39 Posts
https://full-vizio.cs70.force.com/s/remote?language=en_US

@shoman94 Thanks for the link for the remote, just got the new firmware.

When I enter my sn (P65-E1)I get this message;

"Thank you for your interest in the XRT136 remote control. Our records indicate that you are able to access SmartCast TV from your current remote by using the input button. If you would like to upgrade to the XRT136 remote control, you can click here to purchase it for only $5.99".
When I try to purchase I get a 404 page not found.

What does the XRT136 have that the XRT135 dosn't?
For that price a spare would be great.

I'll call tomorrow!!!

48701 - 48720 of 64783 Posts