AVS Forum banner

62961 - 62980 of 64785 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I ended up buying one of these and was wondering if the firmware update was required, or if they ever set up Amazon video to play 4k? Rtings still says only Netflix has the 4k option, was hoping they'd have tweaked YouTube and Amazon since then.

The one I got was the 2017 version, should be in around the end of the month.

Any tips or warnings about setting it up? It's the 65" version.

Thanks!
Amazon 4K HE been available for months.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, I believe it was just coincidence, but as of a few days ago, right after I had the update...my screen now looks like this.

It appears one of the zones is dead/out. I have power cycled and factory reset a couple times with no luck along with adjusting backlight setting and FALD options.

So, am I pretty much out of luck and have to try a costco return? TV is a p75-c1 2016 with very low hours

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
So, I believe it was just coincidence, but as of a few days ago, right after I had the update...my screen now looks like this.

It appears one of the zones is dead/out. I have power cycled and factory reset a couple times with no luck along with adjusting backlight setting and FALD options.

So, am I pretty much out of luck and have to try a costco return? TV is a p75-c1 2016 with very low hours
Or warranty n have Vizio send out a replacement

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Or warranty n have Vizio send out a replacement

unfortunately, TV was purchased last may, so it is outside of the one year coverage. This leaves me to Costco, which should be good for two years with warranty, or going through my credit card as I believe they double the warranty as well. Either way, it will be a pain. Frustrating as the first one when purchased was DOA

·
Registered
390 Posts
For those who use bitstream for audio out:
1) Why bitstream vs auto
2) what advantage does bitstream have over Dolby digital or leaving on auto

I've never used bitstream since ownership so I'm curious of why bitstream is used and if I should use the setting over leaving it on auto.

Most posts online just say they're different compression formats.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I ended up buying one of these and was wondering if the firmware update was required, or if they ever set up Amazon video to play 4k? Rtings still says only Netflix has the 4k option, was hoping they'd have tweaked YouTube and Amazon since then.

The one I got was the 2017 version, should be in around the end of the month.

Any tips or warnings about setting it up? It's the 65" version.

Thanks!
Congratulations! Read the first post on this thread, it is very comprehensive.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Bee4 I do a 'Fractal' Reset, I switched over to the 'Computer' Color Temperature for now. Images look great! :)

'Normal' Color Temperature with the latest Firmware 5.0.14.1 is definitely way too warm on my P50-C1.

- Pj

·
Registered
390 Posts
Bee4 I do a 'Fractal' Reset, I switched over to the 'Computer' Color Temperature for now. Images look great! :)

'Normal' Color Temperature with the latest Firmware 5.0.14.1 is definitely way too warm on my P50-C1.

- Pj
You honestly get used to the warmer temperatures after a day. Computer is too cool still.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
You honestly get used to the warmer temperatures after a day. Computer is too cool still.

Sorry. Not this time. It's TOO WARM. I've been watching this 'Warmer' pic since the new Firmware and HAVE NOT gotten used to it. It has upset the color to the point where all whites are shades of yellow/brown. I rarely see a blue sky anymore with the 'Normal' CT.

The 'Computer' CT is now 'warmer', so it is closer to being the 'Normal' Warm CT before the update. Prior to the update, 'Computer' would be 'too cool' for my liking. The 'Cool' CT is for torturing people while strapped to a chair and eyelids sewn opened. :D

The 'Computer' CT will do for now until I do the FR.

- Pj

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've been having a ton of trouble with my 2016 P65-C1 for the past month or so. Casting from the google home, my phone, or the computer is very flaky. Trying to cast from multiple apps (Netflix, Youtube, Youtube Kids, Plex). I do the "soft" reset (unplugging and holding the power button for 30 seconds), and this sometimes buys me about a day of consistent playback, but then it goes buggy again.

What gives? We are a casting only family, that's the sole use of this TV, and it's not working.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've been having a ton of trouble with my 2016 P65-C1 for the past month or so. Casting from the google home, my phone, or the computer is very flaky. Trying to cast from multiple apps (Netflix, Youtube, Youtube Kids, Plex). I do the "soft" reset (unplugging and holding the power button for 30 seconds), and this sometimes buys me about a day of consistent playback, but then it goes buggy again.

What gives? We are a casting only family, that's the sole use of this TV, and it's not working.
Try a factory reset of the Google home and Display. Also make sure you have a strong internet connection to the devices.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Is there a way after you cast with your google home, to get google home to get you back to the regular tv hdmi 1 without needing the remote to manually change the input back???

I'll use google home to play a youtube video, then when it's over, you're stuck on youtube..

It's cool, cause I call tell google home to play whatever I want on youtube... It will automatically turn the tv ON, and play it, but i have no easy way to get back to comcast after.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Is there a way after you cast with your google home, to get google home to get you back to the regular tv hdmi 1 without needing the remote to manually change the input back???

I'll use google home to play a youtube video, then when it's over, you're stuck on youtube..

It's cool, cause I call tell google home to play whatever I want on youtube... It will automatically turn the tv ON, and play it, but i have no easy way to get back to comcast after.
Yes but you'd require a Harmony Hub Based remote and linking it to your Google account

I've done that and it's laziness at its finest:') well worth the investment if you have others who use the setup and/or if you just want to automate the process a bit more.

Downside is that if you have multiple cast displays in the house it will break the room based "turn off my/the tv" command since it defaults to issuing commands through the hub. You'd have to say turn off "display name".

·
Registered
268 Posts

Supposed to be getting input controls support (among other things) for Google Assistant at some point. Not sure how long it'll take them to roll that out.

Link: https://www.vizio.com/news/cat/news/post/vizio-smartcast-tvs-expand-voice-control-capabilities-with-new-google-assistant-actions/

·
Registered
390 Posts
Supposed to be getting input controls support (among other things) for Google Assistant at some point. Not sure how long it'll take them to roll that out.

Link: https://www.vizio.com/news/cat/news/post/vizio-smartcast-tvs-expand-voice-control-capabilities-with-new-google-assistant-actions/
Link gives me a 404 error but I can't see that being very seemless imo.

"Hey Google set cast display input to HDMI 1" (probably)
Vs " hey Google (anything you want) with harmony

·
Registered
268 Posts
Link gives me a 404 error but I can't see that being very seemless imo.

"Hey Google set cast display input to HDMI 1" (probably)
Vs " hey Google (anything you want) with harmony

From link:

Irvine, CA — Oct. 9, 2018—VIZIO, Inc. announced today the introduction of expanded Google Assistant actions for VIZIO SmartCast TVs, granting consumers access to a wider range of voice control features. As mentioned in today’s Google launch event in New York City, VIZIO SmartCast TV users with a Google Home or Google Assistant-enabled device, like the Google Home Hub, will have the ability to use simple voice commands for input selection as well as pausing, resuming, stopping, fast-forwarding and rewinding content. With voice control at the forefront of the smart home experience, VIZIO and other industry innovators, such as Google, are constantly working to deliver added value to consumers by embracing an open and expansive ecosystem model. The new VIZIO SmartCast features for Google Assistant will be available to VIZIO SmartCast TV customers in the coming weeks.

“VIZIO is a voice control leader in the smart TV industry, and with the demand for hands-free functionalities continuing to rise, VIZIO remains dedicated to delivering added value by integrating voice features for an enhanced overall user experience,” said Bill Baxter, Chief Technology Officer, VIZIO. “With the introduction of expanded Google Assistant actions, we’re excited to give VIZIO customers the ability to further integrate their SmartCast TVs into their connected smart home ecosystems.” 

VIZIO SmartCast allows consumers to enjoy added convenience through Google Home voice control. To pause, resume, rewind, or fast forward content playing on their VIZIO Smart TV, users can simply say, “Hey Google” followed by the command. This functionality also crosses over into volume control, allows users to switch their TVs’ input and more. 

VIZIO SmartCast TVs provide everyday users, cord-cutters and smart home enthusiasts alike with an unparalleled smart TV experience – serving as the ideal smart home companion with voice support for Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. The versatile SmartCast collection of TVs deliver the latest in 4K Ultra HD and HDR entertainment, bring popular apps to the TV screen for easy access and grant access to thousands of Google Chromecast-enabled apps. 

62961 - 62980 of 64785 Posts