AVS Forum banner

63241 - 63260 of 64785 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did a bit more digging and on the /r/VIZIO_Official sub-reddit, there were at least 4 or 5 others who had mentioned the same issues after the firmware update. The Vizio support reddit user said they were "looking into it" 7 days ago and, again, yesterday confirming they were still looking into it.

Hopefully it's something they can identify and fix soon...
Have you heard any further update from them on this issue? Having the exact same thing here. Casting anything x264 to the set is pretty much useless now, esp in Plex.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you heard any further update from them on this issue? Having the exact same thing here. Casting anything x264 to the set is pretty much useless now, esp in Plex.
Last I heard from Vizio was "we're still looking into it but we can't reproduce the issue". Here's a thread on the Plex forums where someone has done a lot of testing and seems to have narrowed it down to some particular encode settings: https://forums.plex.tv/t/issues-with-direct-play-mkv-on-vizio-tv-built-in-app-and-built-in-smartcast-chromecast/339008/11

·
Registered
530 Posts
The version of DV supported by XBox will likely never be implemented on the 16/17 P-Series TVs. it's a "Low latency" implementation used by Sony and LG on recent models where most of the processing is offloaded to the TV. Our P-Series TVs apparently don't have the horsepower to handle it.
RE: Italicized
So, the Xbox One has the processing power of a Gameboy?! :eek:

RE: Bolded
The low-latency implementation of Dolby Vision has the video device, not the the TV, do all of the grunt work of processing. What you’re saying requires so much horsepower is, in fact, how our TVs currently handle Dolby Vision.

·
Registered
247 Posts
RE: Italicized
So, the Xbox One has the processing power of a Gameboy?! :eek:

RE: Bolded
The low-latency implementation of Dolby Vision has the video device, not the the TV, do all of the grunt work of processing. What you’re saying requires so much horsepower is, in fact, how our TVs currently handle Dolby Vision.
My bad. The article I had read used the same terminology as you. I interpreted "the video device" to mean the display, and gaming's need for low latency was the driving factor for the required processing power in the TV.

This October article from Forbes seems to offer a glimmer of hope for Vizio customers.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My bad. The article I had read used the same terminology as you. I interpreted "the video device" to mean the display, and gaming's need for low latency was the driving factor for the required processing power in the TV.

This October article from Forbes seems to offer a glimmer of hope for Vizio customers.

That’s the same article I was deriving my information from which is why I brought it up. I also linked to that same Dolby vision list of supported TVs they listed

I was hoping to see if anyone knew of a link to this updated info of the state of it from Vizio that they said was coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello All. My wife and I just started to watch Jack Ryan on Prime, and saw there was a 4K version available. Fired it up and has horrible banding on our Roku Ultra box. Plugged into Input 4. UHD color is on. I have not tried to watch other shows in 4k with this setup/Roku, so it may be other shows too. Just noticed last night when we started to watch it.

Out of curiosity, I fired it up on the built-in app, and has -0- banding, but is in DV, not HDR10. What gives? I like Roku as it is faster navigating, an has a better remote (IMHO). I can try another HDMI cable, but this same model/brand of cable is fine for XBOX1 gaming, so I assume it has the bandwidth, plus the characters look extremely good on TV.... the skies and walls are terrible though!

Any thoughts? I am running the lastest firmware, and did a factory reset after the update.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Hello All. My wife and I just started to watch Jack Ryan on Prime, and saw there was a 4K version available. Fired it up and has horrible banding on our Roku Ultra box. Plugged into Input 4. UHD color is on. I have not tried to watch other shows in 4k with this setup/Roku, so it may be other shows too. Just noticed last night when we started to watch it.

Out of curiosity, I fired it up on the built-in app, and has -0- banding, but is in DV, not HDR10. What gives? I like Roku as it is faster navigating, an has a better remote (IMHO). I can try another HDMI cable, but this same model/brand of cable is fine for XBOX1 gaming, so I assume it has the bandwidth, plus the characters look extremely good on TV.... the skies and walls are terrible though!

Any thoughts? I am running the lastest firmware, and did a factory reset after the update.
I'd try a different cable AFTER checking the Roku's Advanced display settings, HDR subsampling (it should be 4:2:0). I watch a lot of HDR10 material on my P65-C1 and Roku Ultra w/o any banding.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I Just Recieved A New Firmware Update For My P65-C1... It's Firmware Version 5.0.16.1 Anyone Received This update Yet? If So What's New? I Noticed Once The TV Updated And It Went To The Smart Cast Screen It Said Checking For New Updates Which Is New!
There is a new firmware reported on the PQ forum as well. We haven't heard from Vizio yet, so we are in the dark right now.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wow Travelers Season 3 Looks Great In Dolby Vision On Netflix With This New Firmware Update!!! Picture Quality, Color And Motion Looks Improved!!! P65c-1
I very much hope this is a true thing with this new firmware. Odd that we've not heard word from Vizio on it, though, even from their Reddit page.

·
Registered
390 Posts
For anyone wanting to post about receiving the 5.0.16.1 update:

Please include info of any changes you notice. Also check for bugs/broken/missing features previously mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had to do a factory reset last night as the tv WiFi just stopped working and would no longer connect, and arc through my sound bar stopped working as well. After the reset everything worked again. This morning I received the latest update for the tv. Still a no go on DV for XboxOne. Other than that I haven’t really noticed anything different but to be fair I haven’t gone looking either.
P55-C1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Just received the firmware update as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
VIZIO TABLET

My tablet decided it would replace the keyboard with voice recognition. I put up with it for a few weeks and am now ready to move on. Went Settings, Language & input to make change.
Shows that the current keyboard is "automatic-google voice typing".

Went to Keyboard & input methods, then to "change keyboard & I am not able to make any further changes. I can pound:)on the keyboard & input methods, but no joy.:confused:

Any suggestions?

63241 - 63260 of 64785 Posts