AVS Forum banner

63501 - 63520 of 64785 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Update: In order to link your TV with Google Assistant, you have to go to Extras under the SmartCast input, select Google Assistant and proceed to follow instructions. See attached image. Once this was done, I successfully added it and can control it. Will need to try a variety of command to see what works and what doesn't but I can now say "Start Plex on Living Room TV" Woohoo!
If only launching an app automatically turned on the tv as well, or they had continued conversation worked since app launching is only effect once the sets are on

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
Watched Superbowl among other shows today via Chromecast, whatever they (Vizio) did to the Chromecast software layer really jacked up the quality. I tried Yahoo, CBS, and YouTubeTV they were all equally terrible.

This is in addition to PLEX being a mess as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Casting is generally limited by the source quality. Our sets don't have great upscaling.

As for Plex it's been a mess for a long time and I don't have any hopes of it being fixed.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If only launching an app automatically turned on the tv as well, or they had continued conversation worked since app launching is only effect once the sets are on

As long as it is in quick start, it should wake it up. I can say "watch Daredevil" and it'll wake right up and play from Netflix.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Casting is generally limited by the source quality. Our sets don't have great upscaling.

As for Plex it's been a mess for a long time and I don't have any hopes of it being fixed.

What part of Plex is a mess for you? Only issue I've been noticing is a little bit of artifacting every now and then in my streams.

·
Registered
390 Posts
As long as it is in quick start, it should wake it up. I can say "watch Daredevil" and it'll wake right up and play from Netflix.
That's always been a feature since I got the panel. That's using casting.

I mean like saying "launch Plex" or "open YouTube" while looking for the remote will launch the app but won't turn on the panel. Ya gotta say "turn on tv", wait a couple secs, then launch the apps

·
Registered
390 Posts
What part of Plex is a mess for you? Only issue I've been noticing is a little bit of artifacting every now and then in my streams.
Yea there's major artifacting at certain points during streams. Also anime is hit or miss on the Vizio unless it's optimized by Plex.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's always been a feature since I got the panel. That's using casting.

I mean like saying "launch Plex" or "open YouTube" while looking for the remote will launch the app but won't turn on the panel. Ya gotta say "turn on tv", wait a couple secs, then launch the apps

I've been able to wake it by saying "launch Plex" and not having to say "turn on" first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

My P65-C1 has been doing some random re-boots for a year or so. It seems to be occurring a little more often now than it was. Usually it is proceeded by a yellow/green line at the very top or far left followed by some vertical lines or banding that look like a closed window blind.

Short of replacing boards is there any fix for this? Will Vizio stand behind the problem even for sets that are out of warranty? I bought mine directly from Vizio on Black Friday 2017.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I did a few searches which didn't bring up anything. However, I did find a couple of You Tube videos that showed the same problem.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Hi,

My P65-C1 has been doing some random re-boots for a year or so. It seems to be occurring a little more often now than it was. Usually it is proceeded by a yellow/green line at the very top or far left followed by some vertical lines or banding that look like a closed window blind.

Short of replacing boards is there any fix for this? Will Vizio stand behind the problem even for sets that are out of warranty? I bought mine directly from Vizio on Black Friday 2017.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I did a few searches which didn't bring up anything. However, I did find a couple of You Tube videos that showed the same problem.
Have you tried a Reset To Factory Settings. I find that doing that each time they download new firmware, it fixes those issues.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Has anyone noticed with the latest firmware for the P65-c1 that whenever u stream a H264 movie from your smartphone to the tv it gets pixelated at times while watching any H264 video? If so has anyone been able to fix it?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
This has been randomly happening to my TV from time to time now, both when viewing my Nvidia Shield and PS4 Pro. On the Shield if I pause the video and there is no movement on the screen so it is just a still image the glitch disappears. The glitch slowly makes its way from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen and then disappears, probably takes about 2minutes to cycle from top to bottom. There is a pretty distinct portion in the center of the screen where the pattern stops and starts, I question if this is some sort of bad T-CON board or something? This happens only like once a month but I've had it happen twice this week so I'm afraid it might be getting more frequent.

Both systems are connected through a Denon X2200. TV is running 3.4.8.15 (curious if anyone thinks updating might help, haven't for over a year since everything has been working fine and I don't use the online features).

Reactions: blatz8

·
Registered
390 Posts
Has anyone noticed with the latest firmware for the P65-c1 that whenever u stream a H264 movie from your smartphone to the tv it gets pixelated at times while watching any H264 video? If so has anyone been able to fix it?
Yea it happens with h.264 and h.265 movies, has been for several firmwares now. Fix has been to buy a streaming stick of sorts lol

·
Registered
615 Posts
This has been randomly happening to my TV from time to time now, both when viewing my Nvidia Shield and PS4 Pro. On the Shield if I pause the video and there is no movement on the screen so it is just a still image the glitch disappears. The glitch slowly makes its way from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen and then disappears, probably takes about 2minutes to cycle from top to bottom. There is a pretty distinct portion in the center of the screen where the pattern stops and starts, I question if this is some sort of bad T-CON board or something? This happens only like once a month but I've had it happen twice this week so I'm afraid it might be getting more frequent.

Both systems are connected through a Denon X2200. TV is running 3.4.8.15 (curious if anyone thinks updating might help, haven't for over a year since everything has been working fine and I don't use the online features).

https://youtu.be/QrMv8M2lmcQ
Why would you automatically assume the Vizio display is at fault?
The problem is most likely a poor quality HDMI cable or the Denon AVR, have you tried directly connecting the source devices to the Vizio display with new known good Premium Certified HDMI cables?
Does the glitch happen when playing a Smartcast App like Nexflix or YouTube?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Why would you automatically assume the Vizio display is at fault?
The problem is most likely a poor quality HDMI cable or the Denon AVR, have you tried directly connecting the source devices to the Vizio display with new known good Premium Certified HDMI cables?
Does the glitch happen when playing a Smartcast App like Nexflix or YouTube?
The reason I believe it is the TV though is due to how the pattern changes right at the center and in this thread there has been previous issues that dealt with a split down the center of the screen (which I believe is due to how the T-CON board controls both sides of the screen separately). I originally thought it was just the Shield TV doing that, but it finally happened with my PS4 Pro today.

Why it's not an HDMI cable is because it doesn't happen when the screen is static, a bad HDMI cable wouldn't behave differently based on motion. I've also been using the same HDMI cables for 3 years now and have only seen this issue in the last ~6months. And considering I haven't moved anything it'd be very odd for a cable to just go bad. It's also not really how HDMI cables go bad. For what it is worth the cable running from the Denon to the Vizio is the one that came with the TV which is known to be very high quality.

I don't use the Smartcast apps. It's rather sporadic since it only happens maybe once a month at most, so it's very hard to pin down. If this glitch happened way more often I would gladly test through a ton of permutations, but since it is so rare I'd need to test for like 3 months to confirm that the problem has truly went away.

Could it be the Denon? Yes, it's of course possible, but I am very suspicious of the TV due to what I outlined above. I did finally update the TV software and will probably do a factory reset for good measure, but I won't really know if that fixed it for quite awhile which is why I came to the forum to see if this was early signs of a problem.

Reactions: blatz8

·
Registered
615 Posts
The reason I believe it is the TV though is due to how the pattern changes right at the center and in this thread there has been previous issues that dealt with a split down the center of the screen (which I believe is due to how the T-CON board controls both sides of the screen separately). I originally thought it was just the Shield TV doing that, but it finally happened with my PS4 Pro today.
If it is T-Con problem the spit would be a vertical line in the middle between the left and right of the screen, not horizontal lines.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If it is T-Con problem the spit would be a vertical line in the middle between the left and right of the screen, not horizontal lines.

The horizontal lines stop and start at the center, so idk there is something about the center of the screen. The line never continues through the center.

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
The horizontal lines stop and start at the center, so idk there is something about the center of the screen. The line never continues through the center.

That doesn't look good but it looks like some continue to the the right? Honestly that looks a lot like LCD damage.

But you say it cycles from top to bottom? That is weird. I suppose it could be either the tcon or the main board.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Why it's not an HDMI cable is because it doesn't happen when the screen is static, a bad HDMI cable wouldn't behave differently based on motion. I've also been using the same HDMI cables for 3 years now and have only seen this issue in the last ~6months. And considering I haven't moved anything it'd be very odd for a cable to just go bad. It's also not really how HDMI cables go bad. For what it is worth the cable running from the Denon to the Vizio is the one that came with the TV which is known to be very high quality.
Not necessarily. Depending on the bandwidth of the scene being passed through the cable can have an impact. Some bad cables or cables that go bad might not present issues 100% of the time. Moving scenes can sometimes use more bandwidth. If part of the cable goes bad and is only effected by high bandwidth scenes, then that is a possibility.

There are many reasons why a cable can go bad. Don't jump to conclusions without at least testing the possibilities. Try different cables. Try different ports. Try bypassing the receiver. Factory reset.

Be open minded and test thoroughly before making judgements.

63501 - 63520 of 64785 Posts