AVS Forum banner

63881 - 63900 of 64796 Posts

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
@VizioService I had to do a Factory Reset again after the 7.0.6.1 firmware to stop the every second Audio dropouts via ARC into my Samsung N950 7.1.4 Atmos soundbar. The N950 is running the latest firmware from May 2019.

I first got the problem when 7.0.5.1 downloaded this weekend, I thought the issue was my old (2016) Samsung K950 Atmos bar going bad so I upgraded to a new N950.

P65-C1 7.X firmware appears to have problems with Samsung Atmos soundbars w/o factory resets.

·
Registered
465 Posts
@VizioService I had to do a Factory Reset again after the 7.0.6.1 firmware to stop the every second Audio dropouts via ARC into my Samsung N950 7.1.4 Atmos soundbar. The N950 is running the latest firmware from May 2019.

I first got the problem when 7.0.5.1 downloaded this weekend, I thought the issue was my old (2016) Samsung K950 Atmos bar going bad so I upgraded to a new N950.

P65-C1 7.X firmware appears to have problems with Samsung Atmos soundbars w/o factory resets.
I have been having random audio drop outs recently via ARC into my Denon AVR-X4300H. Looks like another factory reset is in my near future.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
I have been having random audio drop outs recently via ARC into my Denon AVR-X4300H. Looks like another factory reset is in my near future.
On my P75-c1 I have had ARC dropouts for at least a year now; as i recall it started a couple of firmware update's ago. So far I just use either Shield ATV or Roku and don't use any of the built-in apps. I recently added the FireTv 4K for Dolby Vision support.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Thank you for your feedback I will forward on this behavior as it is not something I have seen up to this point. I see you purchased some other cables and are planning to do a factory reset please let me know if that resolves this for you.

@VizioService The 7.X firmware is very flaky with ARC on all ports. Today I did a software power cycle from the menu and the ARC audio dropouts started again. :confused: Only fix was a complete Factory reset. Audio drops every other second.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
On my P75-c1 I have had ARC dropouts for at least a year now; as i recall it started a couple of firmware update's ago. So far I just use either Shield ATV or Roku and don't use any of the built-in apps. I recently added the FireTv 4K for Dolby Vision support.
Unfortunately the only UHD ports I have are on my P65-C1 so audio is still via ARC to my Samsung Atmos soundbar unless I use optical and then no Atmos.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Unfortunately the only UHD ports I have are on my P65-C1 so audio is still via ARC to my Samsung Atmos soundbar unless I use optical and then no Atmos.
Ugh! I see your point; I use an AVR so it's a little more flexible.

Reactions: naustin

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
With the Vudu app on the display, I am only getting HDR10 playback. But when casting the same movies, I get Dolby Vision. Is there anyone else experiencing this? I’m on firmware 7.0.6.1. And I did a factory reset. @VizioService?

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
With the Vudu app on the display, I am only getting HDR10 playback. But when casting the same movies, I get Dolby Vision. Is there anyone else experiencing this? I’m on firmware 7.0.6.1. And I did a factory reset. @VizioService?
This is an issue with Vudu. Not Vizio. Vudu will need to address this. Not Vizio. All of the native services on Vizio TVs and Home Theater Displays are created and updated by the service providers. Smartcast is a complete web based interface. The native services are not stored directly on the TV/HT Display, but are web based API. Some services do store some files using the cache, but are not stored as apps on an operating system like Android or IOS.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
This is an issue with Vudu. Not Vizio. Vudu will need to address this. Not Vizio. All of the native apps on Vizio TVs and home theater displays are created and updated by the service providers.
Sounds like the smartcast app is messed up if it works fine via cast.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Throwing a Hail Mary out here to my fellow switch owners but has anyone got the "Match Tv State" working on their P's? It stopped working several updates ago so I assumed it was a switch problem but it seemed to work fine on a '09 Sony xbr lol.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Throwing a Hail Mary out here to my fellow switch owners but has anyone got the "Match Tv State" working on their P's? It stopped working several updates ago so I assumed it was a switch problem but it seemed to work fine on a '09 Sony xbr lol.

Seems to work fine with mine. I grab a controller and it'll wake the display up.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
@VizioService The 7.X firmware is very flaky with ARC on all ports. Today I did a software power cycle from the menu and the ARC audio dropouts started again. :confused: Only fix was a complete Factory reset. Audio drops every other second.
I believe the problem can be traced to activating UHD Color on HDMI 1 the ARC port. Things seem stable and HDR content (Apple TV 4K and Oppo 203) is passing through HDMI 1 via my Samsung N950 Atmos SB so maybe the UHD setting isn't required?

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
I believe the problem can be traced to activating UHD Color on HDMI 1 the ARC port. Things seem stable and HDR content (Apple TV 4K and Oppo 203) is passing through HDMI 1 via my Samsung N950 Atmos SB so maybe the UHD setting isn't required?
It is if you want 60fps content. Some components like the Nvidia Shield wouldn't even allow 4k unless it's enabled.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not on my unit.
It's sort of device dependant.
For my setup
Apple tv works perfectly regardless
Nintendo switch cec only works when UHD color is off
The PS4 needs to be turned on after the tv or CEC won't work (idk why but that's what happens on the p55
A Panasonic Blu-ray player doesn't work at all lol (never use it anyways)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Are you running 7.0.6.1 beta firmware?
I don't think it's a beta firmware anymore since it doesn't end in .SEM

But this has been the case for some time now with the switch since 5.0 update on the switch.

Never occured until another user had to turn off UHD color to fix their issue to try it with mine. It's solved for now tho

63881 - 63900 of 64796 Posts