AVS Forum banner

64161 - 64180 of 64785 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Vizio is quick to abandon their older models. I’ll never purchase another Vizio again.

I’m tempted to use Costco’s warranty policy because Clear Action hasn’t worked properly for almost a year.
All things considered Vizio is the only manufacturer that I'm aware of that supported older models with Apples Airplay Update where most other companies kept it as a 2019 exclusive. So they've actually supported the P 16/17 models well. As for the clear action it wouldn't hurt to use the Costco warranty as you could probably score a pq or a pqx model.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Oh FFS. CA issue notwithstanding, show me any other TV manufacturer that provides feature updates as long as Vizio has.
I bought the TV mostly for gaming. The one feature I bought the TV for hasn’t worked for more than half the time I’ve owned it, almost a year. That seems like a lack of support to me.

If you are happy with the support you get that’s fine, I am not.

·
Registered
386 Posts
looks like my P65-C1 has bit the dust.

I was playing a game on a PS4 when the screen went all pink and grey static. I tried reseating all the cables and finally pulled the plug on the TV as it would not power down. It would not power back up with the power button on the back or with my harmony remote.

·
Registered
390 Posts
looks like my P65-C1 has bit the dust.

I was playing a game on a PS4 when the screen went all pink and grey static. I tried reseating all the cables and finally pulled the plug on the TV as it would not power down. It would not power back up with the power button on the back or with my harmony remote.
After unplugging, try holding the power button for 30seconds. Then plug the tv back in and try turning it on using the power button on the set.

If it still doesn't power then I "F-key" for you sir.

·
Registered
401 Posts
So, I just got the Disney+ app and when I tried casting I got this message. "Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast device."
It does however work fine on my Chromecast Ultra and by fine I mean stuff plays at 4k normal, no atmos.
It's early days so hopefully things will improve.

·
Registered
390 Posts
So, I just got the Disney+ app and when I tried casting I got this message. "Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast device."
It does however work fine on my Chromecast Ultra and by fine I mean stuff plays at 4k normal, no atmos.
Apologies if not thread related but are any of the marvel/star wars movies available in Dolby vision or just HDR when you use your Chromecast ultra?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Apologies if not thread related but are any of the marvel/star wars movies available in Dolby vision or just HDR when you use your Chromecast ultra?

My Chromecast Ultra get no HDR just 4k.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update 8.0.20.3 P55-C1

Clear Action still broken :(

Screen will strobe for a brief second then stop and the entire panel will be dimmed.
@VizioService

Well that is discouraging. Haven't gotten the update myself yet so iahev not been able to test.

Might file a warranty claim this time if it's not fixed. I have an extended warranty from Costco and there has been three firmware updates now. Vizio has not even acknowledged the problem so I have pretty low expectations of them fixing it at this point.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Same here. My message says, "Chromecast device not compatible." Oddly, it does work via AirPlay from an iOS device. And I have an Amazon Fire Stick 4k where it also works. I get Dolby Vision via both AirPlay and Fire TV 4k.

@VizioService, will the casting profile be updated to be compatible with Disney+? FYI, I updated my firmware yesterday to 8.0.20.3.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same here. My message says, "Chromecast device not compatible." Oddly, it does work via AirPlay from an iOS device. And I have an Amazon Fire Stick 4k where it also works. I get Dolby Vision via both AirPlay and Fire TV 4k.

@VizioService , will the casting profile be updated to be compatible with Disney+? FYI, I updated my firmware yesterday to 8.0.20.3.

Saw a post over on the support reddit for the same issue - https://www.reddit.com/r/VizioTV/comments/dv5wl0/disney_is_not_available_on_this_chromecast_device/

Poster on that thread said Disney+ requires Chromecast built in firmware 1.36 or higher. I also just updated my P65C1 to 8.0.20.3 which shows Chromecast version 1.34.xx

@VizioService - any word on a forthcoming update for Chromecast?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Yes got the same thing, but Airplay works.
Dolby Vision and 24 fps but the audio was stereo.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Yes got the same thing, but Airplay works.
Dolby Vision and 24 fps but the audio was stereo.
Airplay 2 can't stream DD+/Atmos but it can do DD 5.1 standard, so it's probably just growing pains.

That said I'm really disappointed I can't cast from my Android devices to my TV. I might have to pick up another Fire TV stick.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Airplay 2 can't stream DD+/Atmos but it can do DD 5.1 standard, so it's probably just growing pains.

That said I'm really disappointed I can't cast from my Android devices to my TV. I might have to pick up another Fire TV stick.
It's Disney's fault for implementing too strict of a drm which has issues playing on Linux based systems

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
how do we get Disney+ on our Vizio???:confused:

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Update 8.0.20.3 P55-C1

Clear Action still broken :(

Screen will strobe for a brief second then stop and the entire panel will be dimmed.
@VizioService

getting it now. must be huge, cuz it's taking awhile...

64161 - 64180 of 64785 Posts