AVS Forum banner

64181 - 64200 of 64785 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just installed the update on my P-55 E1.

- Confirm Clear Action still broken. Ummmm. HELLO VIZIO?!?!?! I have a good mind to use my Walmart Warranty.

- Once again they have removed the option to hide WatchFree from the input list (also still no option to hide AirPlay) This one ticks me off. Why keep letting us hide it, then next firmware we are unable to, then next we can, then the next we can't again? Is it really that effing difficult to keep things straight? Obviously it is. I will NEVER, EVER use WatchFree or AirPlay. I should be able to hide both.

- Both Game Low Latency & Film Mode can be set to On at the same time. Film mode used to auto switch to Off whenever I enabled GLL.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Just installed the update on my P-55 E1.

- Confirm Clear Action still broken. Ummmm. HELLO VIZIO?!?!?! I have a good mind to use my Walmart Warranty.

- Once again they have removed the option to hide WatchFree from the input list (also still no option to hide AirPlay) This one ticks me off. Why keep letting us hide it, then next firmware we are unable to, then next we can, then the next we can't again? Is it really that effing difficult to keep things straight? Obviously it is. I will NEVER, EVER use WatchFree or AirPlay. I should be able to hide both.

- Both Game Low Latency & Film Mode can be set to On at the same time. Film mode used to auto switch to Off whenever I enabled GLL.
I'm really annoyed now. I'm going to contact Costco and see what my options are. If Vizio doesn't plan on fixing Clear Action (which is one of the main reasons why I purchased this TV) I don't see why I should keep holding onto it. It would be one thing if they said they intended on fixing it- but we haven't had a peep in almost a year now.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I did my firmware update yesterday, but my factory reset today. SmartCast updated to 26.2. The ability to hide SmartCast from the input menu has disappeared again. Also, the on-screen Vudu app will not load. It gives a frozen screen. I actually have to move to a different input and back to SmartCast to get out of it. @VizioService

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Oh hey, the on-screen FandangoNow app is now streaming HDR10. Testing Spider-Man: Far From Home gives the Imax Enhanced expanded aspect ration scenes as well. But I'm only getting stereo out. So win some, lose some.

·
Registered
50 Posts
how do we get Disney+ on our Vizio???:confused:
Vizio has failed it's consumers again, with a old busted Chromecast version. I don't understand, why Vizio can't get real update CC support from Google. It's like they are sleep at the wheel.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
After unplugging, try holding the power button for 30seconds. Then plug the tv back in and try turning it on using the power button on the set.

If it still doesn't power then I "F-key" for you sir.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Its dead Jim. I did have a square trade on it. They are going to try to replace some parts on it and bring it back to life. We will see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Saw a post over on the support reddit for the same issue - https://www.reddit.com/r/VizioTV/comments/dv5wl0/disney_is_not_available_on_this_chromecast_device/

Poster on that thread said Disney+ requires Chromecast built in firmware 1.36 or higher. I also just updated my P65C1 to 8.0.20.3 which shows Chromecast version 1.34.xx

@VizioService - any word on a forthcoming update for Chromecast?

Per the other thread, link to Disney Plus FAQ confirms minimum TV built in Chromecast version requirement of 1.36.

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=8e173a90db4d40d03c0cf158bf96194b

Info back from Vizio support has been pretty lackluster and less than informative, so I'm buying a 4K Amazon Fire Stick until this gets figured out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is crazy. I was a little miffed that I couldn't cast from my Android Also. I didn't think I could do anything about it until I find my wife's old iPhone 6.

There wasn't an Air Play option via the Disney Plus app. Only the cast option. I then setup Screen Mirroring and then all of a sudden, Airplay worked!!

From this old iPhone 6 I'm now able to use Disney Plus and get 4K!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
This is crazy. I was a little miffed that I couldn't cast from my Android Also. I didn't think I could do anything about it until I find my wife's old iPhone 6.

There wasn't an Air Play option via the Disney Plus app. Only the cast option. I then setup Screen Mirroring and then all of a sudden, Airplay worked!!

And yay for that awesome stereo audio.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I’ve been having an issue with my 16’ P lately, not sure if this is a known issue or not. If I access the Smartcast app to turn off the TV’s speakers, for example to use my headset for audio, I cannot toggle back on the speakers and the only way to revive the speaker audio is to do a factory reset. Anybody else?

·
Registered
18,524 Posts

You don't need to set up screen mirroring (in fact you shouldn't because that just mirrors your WHOLE screen, instead of sending the stream directly to the TV), when you play a movie you will get the Air Play icon on your phone/iPad, unlike the Chromecast option which is there from the main menu.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I’ve been having an issue with my 16’ P lately, not sure if this is a known issue or not. If I access the Smartcast app to turn off the TV’s speakers, for example to use my headset for audio, I cannot toggle back on the speakers and the only way to revive the speaker audio is to do a factory reset. Anybody else?
That's been an issue since forever, just use the on menu built into the set vs the app.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's been an issue since forever, just use the on menu built into the set vs the app.

Ah, got it. I guess I’ve never had a reason to turn the speakers off until now, didn’t know it was an ongoing issue. I wonder if the latest update has fixed it. I am absolutely sick of factory resetting after this last week, so I am definitely not going to try - ha.

·
Registered
82 Posts
how do we get Disney+ on our Vizio???:confused:
I'm using the Disney+ app on iPhone, and sending to the P65 via Airplay. Getting 4k with Dolby Vision just fine. TV reports stereo. Any way to get 5.1 sound? Can I in some way separately stream the audio right to my AVR?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looks like I was right to jump on a Fire 4K TV stick to get Disney+ (which is working great BTW), per this article Vizio isn't going to update chromecast until next year.

https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-plus-not-working-vizio-smart-tvs-chromecast-2019-11?utm_source=reddit.com

I just got the fire tv stick 4k today too and it works fine watching Jack Ryan on Amazon (2160p DV and Atmos) but
on Disney+ not so much. I get 1080p DV no atmos. That's with the stick's display settings at default which is auto (up to 4k).
I can get 2160p by changing the settings to 2160p 60Hz but then I lose DV for HDR10 still with no Atmos.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just got the fire tv stick 4k today too and it works fine watching Jack Ryan on Amazon (2160p DV and Atmos) but
on Disney+ not so much. I get 1080p DV no atmos. That's with the stick's display settings at default which is auto (up to 4k).
I can get 2160p by changing the settings to 2160p 60Hz but then I lose DV for HDR10 still with no Atmos.

Make sure the Fire TV stick has the latest update. That fixed it for me with D+ and AppleTV+

64181 - 64200 of 64785 Posts