AVS Forum banner

64361 - 64380 of 64796 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you gone through the Vizio Smartcast Home Screen and setup Airplay on your TV as well as your Apple devices? iOS 13 works well. Only the last iOS 12 version would work at all.
Hi again. Yes, all is set up and IOS 13. To be clear Airplay does work (briefly), as does Screen Mirroring.. BUT it is very unreliable. Disconnects regularly ... and when I reconnect - no sound. I have no other problems on my network - although there are numerous devices & smart plugs on the network. I can stream seamlessly and have good wifi speed. It seems to be very particular to Airplay from (any) IOS device to my Vizio P65-C1.

Baffled.........

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Crazy question - will there ever be HDMI 2.1 support for the P75-C1 through firmware updates?
No

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
898 Posts
Sadly my P-65 has the turning off and turning on issue. I saw that @jetty was able to fix via replacement parts. I’m not technically inclined, but I want to do everything in my power to bring my set back to life. Any suggestions to getting decent parts @naustin ?Thank you Community! Long time lurker. Fingers crossed.
I have had good experience with a company called TV Parts Today
https://www.tvpartstoday.com/

They have a great selection of TV parts.
I was a bit skeptical at first but turns out they were great to deal with and have decent prices and very quick shipping.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Recently got a Firestick 4k because I'm sick of dealing with Vizio's app issues and it's terrific, especially for Disney+

Question though
It has an option to Match content frame rate.
Should I use that setting AND the "Detect Film mode" setting on the TV
Should I do one over the other?
Neither?

I'm not sure how these interact with each other for film content

Also, I cannot even post a new message here without getting a Database error, I have to use the Quote function and it's been like this for a year now

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Recently got a Firestick 4k because I'm sick of dealing with Vizio's app issues and it's terrific, especially for Disney+

Question though
It has an option to Match content frame rate.
Should I use that setting AND the "Detect Film mode" setting on the TV
Should I do one over the other?
Neither?

I'm not sure how these interact with each other for film content

Also, I cannot even post a new message here without getting a Database error, I have to use the Quote function and it's been like this for a year now
Use Match content frame on your FireTV stick or any streamer for that matter. Film Mode on the TV will detect when the streamer is sending 24 fps content.

·
Registered
407 Posts
For the last 2 weeks, My P50 had the audio issue where the speaker volume would drop to 6, regardless of setting. As of yesterday(christmas), now it jumps to 66 or 99! Wtf is vizio doing to our sets with these pos firmware updates! Never an issue till that last update, I've had this set since its debut. Unbelievable!

·
Registered
18,527 Posts
In my head I read that as Rich from ReviewTechUSA

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
It's been over a year since they borked it.

Sad that it seems the only way I can get them to act on an unresolved issue is to email William Wang about it.

I doubt I'll ever purchase another Vizio product.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Rich from Vizio emailed me an update (unsolicited) that they've almost got the Clear Action issues fixed. Something anyways.
:) Wonder if they will make their self imposed Disney/Chromium fix in December along with the other issues. CES in January will bring new challenges.

·
Registered
18,527 Posts
:) Wonder if they will make their self imposed Disney/Chromium fix in December along with the other issues. CES in January will bring new challenges.
According to some posts I've read apparently they're rolling out the 1.40 Chromecast update. They have no choice but to get Disney+ working if they want to sell TVs. Of course those people don't know about the long-term problems most of us have been suffering.

I love my P65-E1's to no end but the support (or lack thereof) on Vizio's part is astounding. The fact that one feature can be broken for more than half the life of my purchase that worked absolutely fine when I purchased it, just blows my mind. It took me 1yr and I had to complain to the president of Vizio just to get it acknowledged.

While I appreciate them finally working on the problem, after all that (and the many other problems- notably the flickering white line which lasted for months) why would I purchase another Vizio?

·
Registered
82 Posts
So have people received any software and/or firmware updates in December ?
I’ve seen articles mentioning software 3.5. Which menu should I check for that? That’s not the firmware version...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
So have people received any software and/or firmware updates in December ?
I’ve seen articles mentioning software 3.5. Which menu should I check for that? That’s not the firmware version...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3.5 refers to the smartcast version. It's just a UI refresh. It is not a full firmware update so it will get pushed automatically.

If you want to try manually pushing it (results will vary)
Change from smartcast to any HDMI input.
Go to settings>system>reset &admin>soft power cycle.
Switch back to smartcast input and it may give a grey screen with some sort of update message appear in the bottom corner.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

64361 - 64380 of 64796 Posts