AVS Forum banner

64681 - 64700 of 64796 Posts

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
How does "Ultra Color Spectrum" of the 2016/2017 models compare to "Quantum" color of the newer models? Is it just a rebranding?
Quantum color means Quantum Dot which is currently around 100% DCI-P3. Ultra Color Spectrum means Wide Color Gamut which this TV was capable of around 90% DCI-P3. (These are measured in vivid mode likely)

So Quantum Color has a wider color gamut and it also has more color volume.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
My father-in-law has turned mine on by inadvertently casting something to it from his tablet. It was a bit unnerving until we figured out what was going on.

Anyone else in the household that likes to browse YouTube at 1am?
Thanks UT wasn't being used -- but tablet shopping was -;^0) i'll look into it...
db

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sat down to watch some TV last night and noticed a weird spot on the lower middle area of the screen (P75).
If I'm sitting in my chair, looking straight at the screen, it's super apparent.
As I move from side to side it seems to disappear.
It's not there when that part of the screen is dark, but when it's light, it's a bar where it's even lighter.
Just over an inch long.
Anyone else have/had this?
Backlight "row" or part of it doesn't work properly. Just guessing, not 100% sure about the reason but I saw it couple of times. I don't know if you can claim warranty because of that but it is a permanent defect. It always appears in lower part of the screen close to the bezel and sometimes it's 2-3 "over exposed lines", to call them like that.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I've discovered something either about the 2016 P Series or about my UHD Bluray player(LG UP970).

Dolby Vision is at its best when the player has the color space set to RGB. YCbCr seems to compress the dynamic range of the content.

HDR10 doesn't perform well with RGB, it becomes washed out or has desaturated colors and raised blacks. YCbCr is the right one for HDR10 content.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've discovered something either about the 2016 P Series or about my UHD Bluray player(LG UP970).

Dolby Vision is at its best when the player has the color space set to RGB. YCbCr seems to compress the dynamic range of the content.

HDR10 doesn't perform well with RGB, it becomes washed out or has desaturated colors and raised blacks. YCbCr is the right one for HDR10 content.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
I tested your hypothesis against HDR10 steaming content and found this to be true. Will try Dolby Vision later.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Does anybody get HDR with FandangoNow? I get UHD movies to play in 4k but they don't have HDR. Contacted Cust Serv but no help. Just wondering if it's a limit of the app on Vizios.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Does anybody get HDR with FandangoNow? I get UHD movies to play in 4k but they don't have HDR. Contacted Cust Serv but no help. Just wondering if it's a limit of the app on Vizios.
Yes, FandangoNow is the most inconsistent app and works differently from device to device. Some will play 4k but no HDR, another device will play 4k HDR but only 2.0 stereo audio. The only device that I can get to work always with 4k HDR and DD 5.1 is my Roku.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yes, FandangoNow is the most inconsistent app and works differently from device to device. Some will play 4k but no HDR, another device will play 4k HDR but only 2.0 stereo audio. The only device that I can get to work always with 4k HDR and DD 5.1 is my Roku.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
So I was on my Xbox One X, and the sound goes out. Display goes to the black screen w/ white Vizio symbol, then things go back to norma a few seconds later. Comments/concerns?:eek:

·
Registered
392 Posts
So I was on my Xbox One X, and the sound goes out. Display goes to the black screen w/ white Vizio symbol, then things go back to norma a few seconds later. Comments/concerns?:eek:
If it happens again, factory reset and monitor. If issue continues regularly after factory reset you may have a failing motherboard

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
If it happens again, factory reset and monitor. If issue continues regularly after factory reset you may have a failing motherboard

Thank you. Warranty is isn't up til September 2021, so hopefully it manifests quickly if it's the board.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Vizio P65-E1
I though many threads back I heard some say the Vizio P65-E1.
Was turning it's self - ON- in the middle of the night. We think it has happen twice
now in the last week. Wife saw it and thought I just left the TV- on- and when to bed....
Is this happening ?
db
This is happening to me also. Three times, in the last few months, at least. Anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
This is happening to me also. Three times, in the last few months, at least. Anyone know what is going on?
This hasn't been happening with my P75 but it has increasingly been displaying "No Signal" with various devices where I have to reboot the device to get the video signal.

·
Registered
392 Posts
This hasn't been happening with my P75 but it has increasingly been displaying "No Signal" with various devices where I have to reboot the device to get the video signal.
Try reseating/changing HDMI cable for no-signal issues. Fixed mine.

·
Registered
247 Posts

This has been happening to me all along, usually with my XBox One X. I usually fix it by switching to a different input on the receiver (Onkyo TX-NR787) and back again. Sometimes it will turn on showing no signal from the XBox, other times it will seem to lose the signal when I close an app on the XBox (often Hulu, sometimes Prime Video), and switching inputs on the receiver fixes that as well.

Once in a very great while I'll have to restart the XBox to get it to handshake.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
This has been happening to me all along, usually with my XBox One X. I usually fix it by switching to a different input on the receiver (Onkyo TX-NR787) and back again. Sometimes it will turn on showing no signal from the XBox, other times it will seem to lose the signal when I close an app on the XBox (often Hulu, sometimes Prime Video), and switching inputs on the receiver fixes that as well.

Once in a very great while I'll have to restart the XBox to get it to handshake.
That usually works for me as well but lately (especially with my TiVo and Shield), it won't work by even switching inputs and back.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That usually works for me as well but lately (especially with my TiVo and Shield), it won't work by even switching inputs and back.

Which model TiVo? I have a 3TB Bolt Vox and never have any issue with it. It's switched by the receiver, just like the XBox ... but the TiVo just seems to work.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Which model TiVo? I have a 3TB Bolt Vox and never have any issue with it. It's switched by the receiver, just like the XBox ... but the TiVo just seems to work.
It's the Bolt Vox but I'm not sure what the size is? It's the smaller of the two. My Denon X4400H does the switching but I've recently tried turning both the AVR and Vizio Off and I still get the "No Signal" screen. It only works after rebooting the TiVo. I may try another HDMI cable as suggested earlier?

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's the Bolt Vox but I'm not sure what the size is? It's the smaller of the two. My Denon X4400H does the switching but I've recently tried turning both the AVR and Vizio Off and I still get the "No Signal" screen. It only works after rebooting the TiVo. I may try another HDMI cable as suggested earlier?
That would probably be the next thing I'd try ...

64681 - 64700 of 64796 Posts