AVS Forum banner

64801 - 64820 of 64997 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Why not turn off the volume control display? Your ears do a much better job of knowing how loud or quiet you want things more than a number does. :)
When off, I cant tell how loud and when casting it jumps around (has for years) using earc

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Has anyone tried casting any of these Dolby Vision movies from the Google Play Movies app? (If you're looking for them in the app, just search Dolby.) The majority of them just crash (disconnect from casting and go to screensaver) for me. I know the P Series doesn't support VP9.2. But they should provide an SDR version. Of the many I've tried, the only two that I own that have played in SDR are Aquaman and Man of Steel. Let me know if you have similar results.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Has anyone tried casting any of these Dolby Vision movies from the Google Play Movies app? (If you're looking for them in the app, just search Dolby.) The majority of them just crash (disconnect from casting and go to screensaver) for me. I know the P Series doesn't support VP9.2. But they should provide an SDR version. Of the many I've tried, the only two that I own that have played in SDR are Aquaman and Man of Steel. Let me know if you have similar results.
They'll play at 1080p sdr

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Did you try any of them? Is that what you got? I know what's supposed to happen. But that's not what's happening for me and I'm wondering if it's just me.
I only own 1 movie on play movies since I had a voucher. So that's what it does for me

I buy my movies via iTunes when they have the DV version

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I only own 1 movie on play movies since I had a voucher. So that's what it does for me

I buy my movies via iTunes when they have the DV version
Lol! No offense, but thanks for nothing. :p I'm asking for people to try and verify.

Also, FYI you can connect both iTunes and Google to Movies Anywhere.

·
Registered
546 Posts
When off, I cant tell how loud and when casting it jumps around (has for years) using earc

You can't be using eARC because the 2016/2017 models don't have that feature. Are you using the internal speakers, a soundbar, or home theater receiver? Sounds like either incorrect configuration or something was wrong with the set years ago and you should have filed a claim about it while still in warranty.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You can't be using eARC because the 2016/2017 models don't have that feature. Are you using the internal speakers, a soundbar, or home theater receiver? Sounds like either incorrect configuration or something was wrong with the set years ago and you should have filed a claim about it while still in warranty.
HDMI Arc (no e)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
My P65-C1 just updated to Smartcast version 34.0 and firmware version 10.0.28.2-1
Is clear action fixed yet
Uh, I think it did. I never used clear action. But I know it's BFI and should have that flickery look. I just checked since you mentioned it, and it does seem to work on SDR sources, not HDR. I don't know if it used to work on HDR. If so, then maybe it's half fixed? Hopefully those more familiar with it can chime in.
And it doesn't seem to work on Smartcast at all, even SDR stuff. Only works on SDR HDMI sources.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Uh, I think it did. I never used clear action. But I know it's BFI and should have that flickery look. I just checked since you mentioned it, and it does seem to work on SDR sources, not HDR. I don't know if it used to work on HDR. If so, then maybe it's half fixed? Hopefully those more familiar with it can chime in.
And it doesn't seem to work on Smartcast at all, even SDR stuff. Only works on SDR HDMI sources.
Interesting, never thought I'd see the day! I had kinda given up hope.

To answer your questions, over HDMI, Clear Action did used to work in both HDR-10 and SDR (not sure about DV). Clear Action never did work in Smartcast, so that's normal (I always assumed this was because Smartcast might be a 120hz source - Clear Action also never worked on 120hz sources).

I haven't received the update myself yet, but I'll do some testing once I do get it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I am very happy (and surprised) to report that Clear Action is finally working again!

I can confirm (for me at least) that Clear Action is properly working in both SDR and HDR-10 over HDMI once again!

I didn't have much time to test so I'm not sure what else has changed with this update. I wish Vizio would post update notes somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I don't want to jinx myself, but I was starting to shop for a new TV as our P65-C1 was starting to do lots of random reboots. (I had replaced the main board previously.)

Since the update to 10.0.28.2-1 (and a full reset) it's been behaving itself for the last 48 hours. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: blatz8

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm seeing a Google cast update to 1.40.169511 and apple airplay 25.06.

A large Vizio smart cast update occured as well. With more icons on the menu content.

Most exciting (for me at least) Disney+ via cast now streams in 4K Dolby Vision.

Haven't seen other changes yet, but will keep looking.

·
Registered
18,583 Posts
Well I am very happy (and surprised) to report that Clear Action is finally working again!

I can confirm (for me at least) that Clear Action is properly working in both SDR and HDR-10 over HDMI once again!

I didn't have much time to test so I'm not sure what else has changed with this update. I wish Vizio would post update notes somewhere.
What?!?!

It's been broken almost 2yrs now and that PR guy just flat out denied there ever was a problem after telling me multiple times they were working on it. Some tech guy at home with the TV must have been bored and decided to fix it.🤣🤣🤣

I'll have to try it out for myself. I do game a lot on the TV using Gamestream on my Nvidia Shield.

I will say I will never purchase another Vizio TV just for the fact their tech support is so slow to fix problems (if they ever do). It's too bad because their upcoming OLED is very affordable.

Updating the firmware now...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does anyone know if Clear Action works with streaming on Netflix etc? Also is there a way to counter act the dimming of the screen when you turn clear action on? Should I turn up the backlight or brightness or both?

64801 - 64820 of 64997 Posts