AVS Forum banner

64861 - 64880 of 64977 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Last week, I installed a Fire TV 4K for the first time. Not sure it's related, but my P65-C1 is now stuck on the "Successfully Paired" screen...see pic attached.

I've tried doing a hard reset a few times:
1) unplug power cord
2) press and hold TV's power button for 20-30+ seconds
3) when I plug the power cord back in, the TV starts turning on before I have a change to press the power button again....and it's still stuck on this screen

What else should I try? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: I baked the main board and TV actually worked for a few minutes then began to die again. If i unplug power and reconnect it will function a few more minutes. I cant find a replacement board actually if anyone knows if a main board from the same model P65-E1 will work with another P65-E1 main board but with slightly different revisions mine is 756XHCB0QK030010X Vizio Main Board, 715G7533-M01-002-005T

and i can find many similar like 756XHCB0QK030020X
Vizio P75-E1 Main Board (X)XHCB0QK011020X 715G7533-M01-000-005T +002

Vizio P65-E1 Main Board 756TXHCB0QK017

Vizio P65-E1 Main Board (715G7533-M01-000-005T) 756TXHCB0QK0100

I seen people mentioning some of the M-series you can use with any serial

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Last week, I installed a Fire TV 4K for the first time. Not sure it's related, but my P65-C1 is now stuck on the "Successfully Paired" screen...see pic attached.

1) unplug power cord
3) when I plug the power cord back in, the TV starts turning on before I have a change to press the power button again....and it's still stuck on this screen

First remove the FireTV4K it may be broken/stuck in Bluetooth mode and restart.

Last option is a full factory reset using the remote control. Long press the Vizio symbol on the remote to restart the Factory reset and skip the wifi setup, use just the remote. You can easily add wifi after the reset is finished. For some reason during the initial reset wifi isn't connecting... Rather it wasn't with the last firmware update.

·
Registered
2 Posts

1) unplug power cord

View attachment 3036666
Hey I don't think your issue is related to the fire stick. I just had my TV stuck on the exact same spot. I fixed the issue by:

With the tv on and stuck on that screen, hold the input button and volume up button for what I think was about 30 seconds but I wasn't counting. It didn't factory reset my TV or anything and thankfully just took me to the Smartcast screen. Everything appears to be working normally after another power cycle.

P.S.: Previously, have you been having trouble with the Smartcast screen initially showing as unavailable? I have and was just curious if maybe the problems were related.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hey I don't think your issue is related to the fire stick. I just had my TV stuck on the exact same spot. I fixed the issue by:

With the tv on and stuck on that screen, hold the input button and volume up button for what I think was about 30 seconds but I wasn't counting. It didn't factory reset my TV or anything and thankfully just took me to the Smartcast screen. Everything appears to be working normally after another power cycle.

P.S.: Previously, have you been having trouble with the Smartcast screen initially showing as unavailable? I have and was just curious if maybe the problems were related.
Your fix worked! Many thanks.

I don’t ever use smartcast as I always stream with a device connected to my receiver.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Previously, have you been having trouble with the Smartcast screen initially showing as unavailable? I have and was just curious if maybe the problems were related.
I get that also. Leave it there. It'll eventually connect. What might help is to always power-up on a different Input. Do not power-off the TV while on the SmartCast Input.

Reactions: waffletaco15

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

Turn off eco mode.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My TV did something interesting lastnight. When it turned on, the internal speakers were enabled and the Video mode went back to factory default (which is a total mess). I didn't lose my picture settings, just had to go back and select them. Just reporting an observation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just installed firmware 10.0.31.4-2 on my P65-C1. CEC still broken and prevents me from switching inputs. Vizio has wrecked my TV. I want a refund and I'm never buying one of these horrible TVs ever again.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
On my AVR. Try to switch input (either via CEC or with the receiver remote) and the TV force the input to change back.
CEC is just horrible no matter what display or AVR you own today. It worked fine with my old Toshiba TV, that wasn't passing HDR, ARC, along with the obvious HDCP 2.2

Its real sensitive, you may have to disconnect all of your devices and reconnect them one by one. Start with the TV and AVR.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
I bought a 50ft fiber optic HDMI cable running from my 2080Ti- 4k/60Hz. Yes, Clear Action actually works! First time since I've owned the TV I tried connecting directly to my PC (used the Nvidia Shield for gamestreaming before with mixed results). Only took them close to 2yrs to fix. No Vizio OLED for me.

FYI: Airplay2 works properly now (complete with Atmos+Dolby Vision) so there's 0 reason for me to keep my ATV4k when I can just airplay all iTunes material from my iPad (including the extras).

·
Registered
52 Posts
What does everyone think a fair price for a p65-C1 would be.It has a perfect panel no dead pixels and is in excellent condition.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
What does everyone think a fair price for a p65-C1 would be.It has a perfect panel no dead pixels and is in excellent condition.
While I love my 2016 P65-C1, you can buy a better new 2020 TCL 6 series for $800 or less. The new M series are even less with Quantum dots.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Honestly, old technology isn't really worth anything these days- it becomes obsolete so quickly. I'd be surprised if someone offered you $300 for it. Why buy a used TV with no warrantee when you can buy a new one for not much more?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Honestly, old technology isn't really worth anything these days- it becomes obsolete so quickly. I'd be surprised if someone offered you $300 for it. Why buy a used TV with no warrantee when you can buy a new one for not much more?
So true. I bought a new 75" Hisense with similar specs to my '16 P65-C1 for $450.

And yes I know they are different brands, but TV's hold value very poorly.

If anything put it in a game room and get your next TV this black friday / prime day deals.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
So true. I bought a new 75" Hisense with similar specs to my '16 P65-C1 for $450.

And yes I know they are different brands, but TV's hold value very poorly.

If anything put it in a game room and get your next TV this black friday / prime day deals.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
You could always donate it to a place like Savers for a tax write-off, or maybe there's a local community center, school, senior center, etc. that will take it? A friend? I know it hurts, but it's better than throwing it away.

I want an OLED for my living room but seeing that everything is (mostly) working on my P65-E1 now I think I can hold out for another year or two.

64861 - 64880 of 64977 Posts