AVS Forum banner

64921 - 64940 of 64994 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had this set for about 4 years now and recently I've noticed that it's occasionally going back into Demo Mode and will not automatically set the clock to the right time zone. This has happened 2-3 times in the past month, seemingly at random.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar recently?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I've had this set for about 4 years now and recently I've noticed that it's occasionally going back into Demo Mode and will not automatically set the clock to the right time zone. This has happened 2-3 times in the past month, seemingly at random.

I haven't, you have the latest firmware and have done a factory reset?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I am still not seeing the Smartcast Home Screen just dark grey nothingness.... Not important since Casting works but I'm curious if the issue is widespread.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
No, my display is fine. Haven't had any issues sense the firmware update.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Thanks, guess I'll try a factory reset. I didn't do one after the second 10.0.X update.

Edit: The Factory reset caused the Smartcast updates to download and the home screen returned.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
...Recently I've noticed that [the Display is] occasionally going back into Demo Mode and will not automatically set the clock to the right time zone. This has happened 2-3 times in the past month, seemingly at random.

Every Factory Reset I've done leaves the Time Zone in 'sPacific'. I always have to put it back to Eastern.

I've never had my P50-C1 go into Demo Mode unless I wanted it to. I think since 2016 I did this once.

I'll assume you do Factory Resets after Firmware DateUps.

Is it me, but does this picture look sharper after this latest firmware? Maybe it's just Sickological or som'n like that. 🙃(y)

·
Registered
669 Posts
I haven’t done a factory reset in 2-3 updates and so far everything still works no hand shake issues. i have my denon avr and run atv4k through it and use harmony elite remote hub arc & cec always on too.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Every Factory Reset I've done leaves the Time Zone in 'sPacific'. I always have to put it back to Eastern.

I've never had my P50-C1 go into Demo Mode unless I wanted it to. I think since 2016 I did this once.

I'll assume you do Factory Resets after Firmware DateUps.

Is it me, but does this picture look sharper after this latest firmware? Maybe it's just Sickological or som'n like that. (y)

There is better color processing, one example is the Disney+ splash screen ituse to show bad color banding, now its smooth. This is a low bit depth image, banding can be expected. My guess is the 12 bit image processing is finally being used to enhance 8 bit SDR content. Im going to test some 8 bit blurays, tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
There is better color processing...
I knew there was something better about the pic. I just didn't know what I was looking at, but it looked better. So, will older, non-HD content look better?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I knew there was something better about the pic. I just didn't know what I was looking at, but it looked better. So, will older, non-HD content look better?
There are to many variables to say, source, factory calibration of the white point. Also, how well Vizio algorithm upscales 8 bit 480p content 10 bit and interlaced versus progressive scan.

I would test with Clear Action On and Reduce Motion Blur. Start with Sharpness at 0.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Checked today and update available.
New: 10 0 31 4-2

Old: 10 0 28 2-1

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
I already have the new one so guess it installed automatically?
Mine never seem to install on their own. I've always had to force update.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: rightintel

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine just updated on its own this week and fixed the smartcast error finally. Seemed a bit sluggish changing inputs, but will check it again tonight.

·
Registered
546 Posts
For the first three years I had my P55-E1, it never once updated on it's own. I always had to manually update. That is, until the last two updates. Both updated on their own and there was absolutely zero indication either time that an update had taken place. I only knew because I looked at the system info & saw it had already updated.

64921 - 64940 of 64994 Posts