AVS Forum banner

65281 - 65300 of 65300 Posts

·
Registered
Vizio P65-C1, Denon AVR-X1200W, Klipsch Reference Speakers & Triad InRoom Gold PowerSub
57 Posts
I just updated my P-65 to version 10.0.108.1-1 Not sure what it does.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have the same P50-c1(LTMWTNAS)and have the same issue it blinks once and it’s completely dead but I can see the voltages are good from the power board side. Could you share where you bought the main board from eBay ? And did you find any workarounds before finding.
I think there have been a few posts related to the thermal paste under the heatsink, but I'm still not sure if anyone has done this with success... Good luck sir.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just reduce the color the control to 50 or 58, depending on whatever your default setting is for Calibrated is. Also change the color temp.
Calibrated is 50 and I'm always using whatever temp is closest to d65 which is warm bu the color saturation from the CMS on Computer mode is WAY oversaturated. So even if I lower color from 55 to 50 the red is still way off and green seems to be also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i finally got into the service menu of my p65-e1 and its got some interesting options in it that may assist in obtaining root or modding the system.. attached are a couple pics. the way i got into the service menu was with the TV ON, using the FACTORY (OEM) remote.....press menu then 1,9,9,9 and the return button (located beneath the channel down button).

the dial server seems interesting, it was initially off, but i turned it on and im gonna see what i come up with. Hope this helps SOMEONE out there.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
i finally got into the service menu of my p65-e1 and its got some interesting options in it that may assist in obtaining root or modding the system.. attached are a couple pics. the way i got into the service menu was with the TV ON, using the FACTORY (OEM) remote.....press menu then 1,9,9,9 and the return button (located beneath the channel down button). View attachment 3118561 View attachment 3118562
the dial server seems interesting, it was initially off, but i turned it on and im gonna see what i come up with. Hope this helps SOMEONE out there.
I've had access to it for about a year and did a calibration using color temp and its built in full screen patterns. It was great for streaming SDR, but slightly handicapped HDR in certain aspects.

After the recent update, calibration specifically for HDR was worse. I did a factory reset, and highlights are popping like never before. Godzilla vs Kong looked amazing. The ADC calibration looks different, but Color Temp settings are still the same.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
this vizio is probably the dumbest, so called, "smart tv" on the planet. no web browser, no way to install apps unless its from their app list. it would be nice to have be able to watch the UFC fights without having to stream it from another device. they dont even have espn+ app available. i should have stuck with samsung.

·
Registered
128 Posts
As I have previously stated that my P65 died, and was shopping for an alternate TV,
I got the Sony 75" XBR900H
Oh man oh man, bring back my Vizio, this TV sucks big time, unless I got a lemon, this is not watchable, any motion and you lose all details, it is pathetic.
Now I appreciate my dead Vizio even more (by the way I was super satisfied with it until it died)

Just thought I'd drop a note to others who still have a working Vizio, to cherish what you have.

·
Registered
516 Posts
As I have previously stated that my P65 died, and was shopping for an alternate TV,
Oh man oh man, bring back my Vizio, this TV sucks big time, unless I got a lemon, this is not watchable, any motion and you lose all details, it is pathetic.
Now I appreciate my dead Vizio even more (by the way I was super satisfied with it until it died)

Just thought I'd drop a note to others who still have a working Vizio, to cherish what you have.
DUDE! You are absolutely correct! I tried the 85" 900H and is was hot trash. Motion sucked, brightness blew, and it was expensive as hell. Sorry to hear about your vizio. Luckily mine is still performing nicely in my "Tar Heel Room".

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts

Damn. My P55 C-1 is performing like a flag ship product. My condolences to you, once you go Vizio you end up with a soft spot for the brand.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
DUDE! You are absolutely correct! I tried the 85" 900H and is was hot trash. Motion sucked, brightness blew, and it was expensive as hell. Sorry to hear about your vizio. Luckily mine is still performing nicely in my "Tar Heel Room".

Cheers!
If you haven't factory reset your P Series do it, trust me you will not regret it. Watch Godzilla vs King Kong on it, also keep some napkins on hand to catch the drool.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
If you haven't factory reset your P Series do it, trust me you will not regret it. Watch Godzilla vs King Kong on it, also keep some napkins on hand to catch the drool.

:)Especially if you forget to reset each input to Calibrated or Dark Calibrated since the default is Standard (torch mode).

In 2016 & 2017 the P Series were Top of the line sets and were priced accordingly in 2016. I will happily keep my P65 until it dies and I replace with an OLED.

·
Registered
297 Posts
this vizio is probably the dumbest, so called, "smart tv" on the planet. no web browser, no way to install apps unless its from their app list. it would be nice to have be able to watch the UFC fights without having to stream it from another device. they dont even have espn+ app available. i should have stuck with samsung.
Thoughts on Samsung:

1. Samsung does NOT support Dolby Vision
  2. My cousin's Samsung q70 would not output Dolby Atmos. (Perhaps because it was the lowest model)

That is enough to make me swear off Samsung TV's entirely.
However, I am a NOTE series fan from the days of the NOTE 3.

My p65-e1 does brilliant HDR and Dolby Vision. I have an Nvidia Shield as my streamer so I have Dolby Vision and Dolby ATMOS with no problems at all.

Reactions: naustin

·
Registered
297 Posts

Same thing happened to my best friend from work! His old Sony developed a big blue spot in the middle. So, he bought a new Sony. His family was horrified by the picture.
(Background: a few days before buying his replacement TV, he watched the Super Bowl in 4K at my house on my Vizio p65-e1.)

After trying to live with the new Sony a few days, he called me up and asked me what my TV was. I gave him the Vizio he should buy. He made the exchange and his family still tells him to thank me a year later! :)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
For some reason, the Airplay option no longer shows up in my input choices. Rebooted(not reset) the TV and my MacBook Air, still not showing. Ideas?

65281 - 65300 of 65300 Posts