AVS Forum banner

13321 - 13340 of 64797 Posts

·
Registered
20,250 Posts
Are you serious, like actually serious?

This is AVS forum.
This isn't some "muh HiFef tb is gud fer tha big game" forum.

Instead of giving something he could actually watch or heck even giving a few examples of content YOU like to watch this is the response you give. B&W material is NOT prevalent these days. So it may help bolster your requests if you posted examples. Sin City/Sin City 2 are the closest recent examples. Those along with the B&W version of Nebraska maybe.

·
Coyote Waits
27,239 Posts
I will finally comment on this "yellow band issue". I only started to think I was seeing it while watching hockey only after reading comments in here.
:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Xbox One - Optimal Settings with P series

I've owned the P65-C1 since the first week it was available and have been streaming or watching movies mainly.

Recently I've picked up Quantum Break and have been spending more time with the XB1. Some of the menu tiles have some pretty bad banding. The game also doesn't look as good as I expected. The cut scenes look great but the gameplay is a bit grainy. I'm not sure if my XB1 settings aren't optimal or perhaps this is just to be expected with the upscaling to 4K.

Anyone else have specific/optimal video settings for the XB1 and the P series?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Mine have no banding on or off angle I showed pictures already.

This has turned into a fud about banding and is not doing any good to the owners thread ,I don't see other owners thread doing this stuff, they are strict and hardly post anything that could affect the thread ,this are common issues on lcd and I know that people on other owners thread exchange or replace their panel without letting know to the thread and creating any fud ,the members doesn't have to know ,this are common lcd issues.

I posted a link of my JS and Sony issues here but never posted anything on their thread.

was concerned about the light bleed on the JS8500 but after trying to do the same that you are doing I got immediately kick out.also never posted any picture about my light bleed there ,just did few coments when new owners posted the light bleed.

I don't blame them they have the right to do it and there were too many against me ,so the majority always win.

I remember a guy posting the bend on the Sony thread and he had to crete a thread about this but it didn't went good it got close do to some owners getting very uncomfortable then was back open. the thread never grow

You have now your own thread go luck on that one.

but if it bother you so much exchange the panel.

You have a p75, not a p65.

Different AOU panel.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hi guys,

I've been really happy with my P75 and I've had it for just over a month now. I ran into a weird issue today though:

I opened up a Hulu account today because I've been wanting to watch the 11/22/63 series. When casting Hulu, the TV begins to cast by displaying the Hulu logo and then the title of the Hulu show, but then after a few seconds the cast just stops and the TV goes back to the default cast screen where the pictures are displayed. The entire time all this happens, the Hulu app just shows the loading circle like the show is still buffering or something. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Vizio Smartcast and Hulu apps, power cycling both the tablet and the tv, repairing the tablet, and rebooting the router. Both Netflix and Pluto TV are casting just fine. Any ideas? I appreciate the help!
I'm going to guess it's the Hulu app. Is there an update available? What's the date on the current rev.?
Yeah that was my guess too... I was just surprised that I hadn't seen anyone else on here with the same issue. Latest revision was May 16th, and that's the one I have installed. Maybe it's a bug with the new version. Anyone else seeing this issue?
Honestly, it is Hulu and they are just the worst. I'm actually dropping them after this free month. Every other app on my Sony BD player works just fine but this one. What is interesting is that it works fine when I would watch through my 360. But that was the only place and it isn't worth the hassle for me when I can use my On Demand through Comcast/Xfinity :serious:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
A couple observations......I notice when I reset or change my Dolby vision settings it also resets or changes my SDR settings, for example my contrast with calibration is at 45 but it also changes DV mode to 45 and when I change DV mode back to 50 and exit to play SDR it's at 50 again also.....also it looks like they fixed the Vertical Frequency to show the correct fps 24, 30, 60 and so on.....I looks like YouTube maxes out at 30fps with casting.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
65" owners are saying that they don't have the band and others don't see it with normal content ,others barely see it on BW content.

you have only two options exchage the panel or get another tv.

Is your choice.

You created a thread dedicated to the banding. You can wait till you get more people into the thread. Good luck !

I think that you got the attention that you wanted for the last 6 pages.

This isn't me wanting attention, this is me pointing out a platform wide problem.

A problem only a single model has- and they all have it.

The fact that you don't care is very strange.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Here is a good black and white test......I do have a faint yellow band sometimes but I never watch this footage and I really have to look hard for it and if it wasn't brought to my attention might not have noticed it....I have a 65 btw........https://youtu.be/RsN-JBKMdEg

Every 65inch has it.

And the I'm being told "get over it" by people who allegedly aren't company plants.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,332
Every 65inch has it.

And the I'm being told "get over it" by people who allegedly aren't company plants.

Just in the last few hours some 65 owners have stated they don't have the problem or its slight. "Every 65" has it"? That statement is lost on this crowd. Take it to your own thread now. Nobody's booting you but no more droning on and on about this please.

·
Registered
20,250 Posts
Every 65inch has it.

How do you know every 65" has it? We have multiple owners who have reported NOT to have it. This would go to show, not every 65" has it. You have been given multiple suggestions on how to resolve your issues, yet you continue to post redundantly ignoring those who have tried to help. Maybe you're the plant, since you refuse anyone's help and continue to post the same thing expecting different results.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Here is a good black and white test......I do have a faint yellow band sometimes but I never watch this footage and I really have to look hard for it and if it wasn't brought to my attention might not have noticed it....I have a 65 btw........https://youtu.be/RsN-JBKMdEg
I just played this. It's so faint I really wasn't bothered by it, but like others have said, this thread made me aware of it so I was looking for it every second.

So, after reading about dust particles and knocking in other threads, I tried doing that around the top middle where it's more noticeable and it actually worked. It's pretty much gone now and I really, really have to imagine it there to see it.

Try it. Lightly knock it a few times and see if it makes it better.

I take no responsibility if you damage your screen. :D

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I would have given my 2 cents sooner but I wanted to sure.. I bought my P65 about 6 weeks ago.. I have done all the suggested testing, except watch black and white, why would I? I have watched test screens off angle and standing on my head.. Despite my best efforts I or my wife cannot make out any trace of the yellow banding, bad pixels or any other PQ issues..

I can definitely say they are NOT ALL defective!

"Except watching black and white"

Then make a definitive statement.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Tomorrow when I get back from the lake I might throw in one of the few black and white movies that I like, Casablanca, and give my thoughts.

Reactions: Fanboyz

·
Registered
49 Posts
And it's sunday!!!! I'm off tomorrow yayy can't wait to go home and watch yellow bandingzz and bloomingzz and ink greyzzz on my vizio. So excited
Then I enjoy some Doom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
Here's a new one I just snapped.

Please tell me if you're bothered by the yellow banding.

Reactions: dwaleke

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Watching soccer today (which I never do) and it was a blurry mess. What settings are recommended for sports?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

13321 - 13340 of 64797 Posts