Registered
55 Posts
Confusion about ARC,
P65
Onkyo TX RZ900
Directv HD 54
Apple TV
PS 4
I'm running all to my AVR. Do I need to use just one cable from AVR to P65 (via ARC) or does the ARC need a separate cable back to the AVR (2 HDMI Cables)?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,342
Watching soccer today (which I never do) and it was a blurry mess. What settings are recommended for sports?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Start with your cable feed. I've never had a blurry mess with my display

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Here's a new one I just snapped.

Please tell me if you're bothered by the yellow banding.

This is terrible. Completely unacceptable. I was interested in a P75 but if all of these TVs are like this then I'm skipping this generation until Vizio can get it right.

Is this how all of these sets are?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sync Vizio with Chromecast Audio?

Is it possible to sync the 2016 Vizios (via Smartcast) with Google Chromecast Audio devices?

For example, would it work to sync Google Play Music or some other music streaming service across several Chromecast Audio units and one 2016 Vizio TV equipped with Smartcast?

·
Super Moderator
21,324 Posts
thread cleanup

many posts deleted, many infractions coming

please discuss the display, and not each other, or you will be asked to leave the thread

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Instead of giving something he could actually watch or heck even giving a few examples of content YOU like to watch this is the response you give. B&W material is NOT prevalent these days. So it may help bolster your requests if you posted examples. Sin City/Sin City 2 are the closest recent examples. Those along with the B&W version of Nebraska maybe.
Young Frankenstein is my favorite. And I think it would look great on the P65 I have my eye on. :)

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
This is terrible. Completely unacceptable. I was interested in a P75 but if all of these TVs are like this then I'm skipping this generation until Vizio can get it right.

Yes, most of the p65's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally after much deliberation I have decided to buy the P Series. I'm going tomorrow as BB is suppose to have a few in stock. The only decision I need to make between now and then is 65 or 75.
Thanks to all that have contributed as I hope to do well in the screen lottery. 😉
Looking forward to sharing my thoughts on the purchase soon.
I am in NC and can't find any available Vizio P series 75 inch tv's for sale at BB's in any area code and when trying to purchase for delivery online the BB website says it's not available to my area (I live in Charlotte). I checked as well for zip codes in other states and it is the same. Are they all sold out or is there a recall? You'd think the BB site would say out of stock but nothing. Any ideas how to purchase one? The Vizio site does not offer extended warranties and a BB rep said they don't have to replace a faulty unit with the same unit (seems ridiculous).

Thanks for any help, Ed in Charlotte, NC

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
You have a 75, it's unaffected.
The P75 is not "unaffected." I have one and it has the yellow band. Am I thrilled about it? No. Can I see it during normal viewing? No. Am I going to get my panties in a twist about it? No. I've simply accepted it as a limitation of the technology and/or the panel's design.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts

I dont have that on mine ,is a 75" P series.

see the pictures below I took 4 pictures because the camera introduce some red noise on each one ,there is one in cool mode. here at home it looks as white it can be.

Attachments

Reactions: dwaleke

·
Coyote Waits
27,241 Posts
Some Perspective

I've read all of the OPPO Blu-ray threads here at AVS. Our "Fan" was active in all of them. I just skimmed his 2,663 posts and he has a major interest in film and OPPO players in that order. Based on his posts, he is a major film buff.

I skipped back through his posts and the first display related post I ran into was about his Panasonic TH-58PZ800U. He posted there in the years between 2008 and 2011.

This is his last post about the Panasonic and it's the last post in the owner's thread.

"I'm convinced the bottom of my screen is superficially brighter than the rest."

"I only notice this when my set is displaying darkness, and only of there's no ambient light in my viewing room.
It appears as if the near black imagery on screen blooms a bit in contrast to the true black of the bezel."

That owners thread was started on 08/16/2008 and had been dormant for a while.

On 7-28-2015 he ask about the Sony 2015 XBR-nnX850C.

On 8-12-2015 he ask two similar type questions about the 2015 M-Series displays.

"Fan" was active asking questions about the Sony 850c series and the 2015 M-Series and started asking about the 2016 P-Series on 04-13-2016.

Fanboyz is looking for a display that will do justice to his movie collection played on his OPPO player. He has a lot of experience with DVD and Blu-ray film transfers and OPPO players. He doesn't seem to have a lot of display experience. He's not getting the response that he wants from us or his display. Maybe OLED will do it for him.

If you think you can help solve Fanboyz problem then keep trying. I'm down to "Get a refund and wait for the LG 2016 "B" OLED sets. I hope your plasma is still alive."

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Confusion about ARC,
P65
Onkyo TX RZ900
Directv HD 54
Apple TV
PS 4
I'm running all to my AVR. Do I need to use just one cable from AVR to P65 (via ARC) or does the ARC need a separate cable back to the AVR (2 HDMI Cables)?
Just one cable. Turn on "ARC only" is the Vizio settings and HDMI CEC on, on the AVR

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I've read all of the OPPO Blu-ray threads here at AVS. Our "Fan" was active in all of them. I just skimmed his 2,663 posts and he has a major interest in film and OPPO players in that order. Based on his posts, he is a major film buff.

I skipped back through his posts and the first display related post I ran into was about his Panasonic TH-58PZ800U. He posted there in the years between 2008 and 2011.

This is his last post about the Panasonic and it's the last post in the owner's thread.

"I'm convinced the bottom of my screen is superficially brighter than the rest."

"I only notice this when my set is displaying darkness, and only of there's no ambient light in my viewing room.

It appears as if the near black imagery on screen blooms a bit in contrast to the true black of the bezel."

That owners thread was started on 08/16/2008 and had been dormant for a while.

On 7-28-2015 he ask about the Sony 2015 XBR-nnX850C.

On 8-12-2015 he ask two similar type questions about the 2015 M-Series displays.

"Fan" was active asking questions about the Sony 850c series and the 2015 M-Series and started asking about the 2016 P-Series on 04-13-2016.

Fanboyz is looking for a display that will do justice to his movie collection played on his OPPO player. He has a lot of experience with DVD and Blu-ray film transfers and OPPO players. He doesn't seem to have a lot of display experience. He's not getting the response that he wants from us or his display. Maybe OLED will do it for him.

If you think you can help solve Fanboyz problem then keep trying. I'm down to "Get a refund and wait for the LG 2016 "B" OLED sets." I hope your plasma is still alive.

If only you shared the same interest in the tv you bought...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Casting woes, support issuing replacement unit

I had three different P50 that would not update firmware unless done by usb and then had the can't cast problem. After all the replacements had the same exact problems Vizio is buying it back. They suspected a bad batch with very similar serial numbers. I just picked up a P65 and it setup perfect. Casting works. Just proves the P50s I had really were all defective. I have two P65 in different rooms now. They are great. Had to drive 250 miles round trip to buy the last one in Portland, Oregon area this weekend.
mchallis, It looks like I have a similar issue. Just got off the phone with Vizio and they are replacing my P55, which is unable to cast and also shipped with 1.0 firmware version and required upgrade over USB. The tech at Vizio had me do the service check and stated that he could see on his side that the firmware update had been applied yesterday but that the unit was not successfully provisioning itself over the network, and at that point best option would be onsite replacement. Unfortunately, don't get to enjoy any of the HDR content yet but otherwise, set works fine... Hopefully the first replacement fixes the issue for me.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I dont have that on mine ,is a 75" P series.

see the pictures below I took 4 pictures because the camera introduce some red noise on each one ,there is one in cool mode. here at home it looks as white it can be.
Those look great, but as I've mentioned before, any yellowing tends to disappear with high brightness (80/90/100 IRE) gray field patterns. Try a lower-IRE gray field (10 or 20 IRE) and if you still have no yellow banding then you've truly found a unicorn.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Start with your cable feed. I've never had a blurry mess with my display
I don't have cable. Haven't for three years now. Watching using the Sling TV app. If I watch it on my Samsung TV using the Nvidia Shield it doesn't look blurry. I noticed the same thing while watching the NBA playoffs on the P Series.

I thought there was a certain setting with CA or GLL or something.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
One question: I had all of my sources plugged in my AVR (Yamaha RXV667), then a single cable routed to the TV, but found I had some lip sync issues when playing Blu-Rays through my Xbox One with sound through the AVR, but not the TV speakers. As in, about 120ms of delay in X-Men: Days of Future Past when playing through the AVR, but with the TV speakers in sync. While playing around with the ARC, though, I hooked up the Xbox to one of the TV inputs to see if ARC worked for HDMI inputs (it does), and noticed the lip sync problem was gone with no correction on the receiver, and playing both the TV speakers and surround had both soundtracks in sync. I mentioned this to my dad, and he suggested it was probably because the TV has significant lag when processing the video signal that the AVR doesn't "know about", but when the input goes directly into the TV, the TV "knows" how much video lag there is, and delays outputting the audio to the receiver by that amount. He also suggested that having the AVR upscale to 4k or getting a stand alone Blu-Ray player that upscales to 4k would likely have a similar effect. In any case, does this sound accurate? And if so, is there any disadvantage to hooking everything up to the TV and allowing ARC to shuttle the audio to the receiver?

Sorry for being so long-winded. It's summer break and I'm excited. Summer musicals at the theater (Matilda next Tuesday), a visit to Universal Orlando planned for June, a new X-Men movie, and new home theater gear have me geeking out.
Check your XBOX One settings to see if it is set to 24Hz output. I have the P65 and discovered that any 24hz signal sent through my AVR (Denon X1100w) to the TV caused some major lip sync. (Tivo and BR player) I fixed this by setting the output from my devices to 60hz and am hoping the new firmware, that is slowly rolling out, fixes this problem so I can set them back to 24hz.

Link with instructions to set XBOX One refresh rate - http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/adjust-display-settings
Sorry for the whole quote, I'm on mobile, but yeah, I also get the lip sync issue. So far I've only seen it while watching a TV show, Arrow. I haven't encountered it with Star Wars Episode VII, but that's all I've watched on my P65 so far.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Those look great, but as I've mentioned before, any yellowing tends to disappear with high brightness (80/90/100 IRE) gray field patterns. Try a lower-IRE gray field (10 or 20 IRE) and if you still have no yellow banding then you've truly found a unicorn.

Well if is there I don't see it,even tried the video that was posted earlier and didn't saw any yellow,the TV is in dark mode and backlight is on default, I think 55.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If only you shared the same interest in the tv you bought...
Fanboyz, I believe you are correct in your statement that every 65 inch vizio p has the yellow banding... some obviously more than others. It depends on what specifically you are using the tv for. My uses are as a pc monitor, pc gaming, console gaming and 4k movie watching via casting and pc/netflix. The only time I see a slight yellow banding is while visiting guru 3d and this forum. I have decided to live with it... You and I are in the minority in our use for this display. Most people will never see the banding and could care less because it cannot be seen with their specific use of the set. I repeat... I do not see the yellow banding 99% of the time. This set is perfect for my particular use: 120 fps gaming, 4k pc gaming and movie watching. I would have never bought this set to watch black and white movies. You should take a look at the sony 940c and d model. I believe it would fit your needs better. Upscaling and Fald from what I can see is what you are after.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
For those using the k8500 are you getting 10-bit? If so, what is your settings in the 8500? I think it only supports 10-bit 4:4:4 which the Vizio does not do at 4K

13341 - 13360 of 64893 Posts