AVS Forum banner

13561 - 13580 of 64874 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Whaaat? I haven't picked this display up yet so still have the opportunity to cancel the order...is this with just the P55-C1 or do any of the Vizio P Series have true HDR10? I'm disappointed and confused...please no flame but who does have true HDR10 in a 50 or 55"? I'm on a mission to be able to play 4K HDR DVDs in my new Samsung-K8500 player and see the HDR effects...any advice would be greatly appreciate, thanks!!

The Vizio P is allegedly getting HDR10 via a firmware update this summer. No concrete timeline though. Current tvs would be newer Samsung, Sony, and maybe Lg (not sure on that, they are supporting both hdr10 and dv).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Coyote Waits
27,241 Posts
Whaaat? I haven't picked this display up yet so still have the opportunity to cancel the order...is this with just the P55-C1 or do any of the Vizio P Series have true HDR10? I'm disappointed and confused...please no flame but who does have true HDR10 in a 50 or 55"? I'm on a mission to be able to play 4K HDR DVDs in my new Samsung-K8500 player and see the HDR effects...any advice would be greatly appreciate, thanks!!
I can't explain shortyg83 behavior but it seems like he is intentionally misleading you or meant to add the word "yet". The P-Series was introduced in late March with the promise that HDR10 would be available in 90-120 days after the introduction.

The source for that information is Matt McRae. Check him out here.

You can ignore the "allegedly" post as well.

You need to read post number one anyway. Do that and avoid the HDR10 conspiracy theorists here.

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Doesn't fix the band.

Listen, I'm gonna have Vizio replace the set until I find a supposed "good one".

I'm thrilled you're all happy with a defective TV, when the class action suit rolls around maybe you'll change your tune.

This used to be AVS forum, now it's just a subversive commercial propaganda outfit for AVS's sponsors.
Why don't you cut the attitude. It fixed the slight band issue I HAD. If it didn't fix yours then call for a damn replacement. They will replace it if it's not right period. If you're still not happy then get your damn money back and move on. Jesus. Don't tell me what it did or didn't fix for me.

·
Coyote Waits
27,241 Posts
Earlier today there was another HDR10 panic.

The original poster deleted his post after a few minutes. You can read about it by clicking here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't explain shortyg83 behavior but it seems like he is intentionally misleading you or meant to add the word "yet". The P-Series was introduced in late March with the promise that HDR10 would be available in 90-120 days after the introduction.

The source for that information is Matt McRae. Check him out here.

You can ignore the "allegedly" post as well.

You need to read post number one anyway. Do that and avoid the HDR10 conspiracy theorists here.
Thank you for clarifying and a question...will I be able to view my 4K HDR DVDs in any HDR format at this point or will I need to wait on a sw update? Thank you for your patience with my basic questions...

PS did check out #1 lots of info there and will check it out again!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thank you for clarifying and a question...will I be able to view my 4K HDR DVDs in any HDR format at this point or will I need to wait on a sw update? Thank you for your patience with my basic questions...

I believe all UHD DVDs right now are hdr10. Dolby vision hasn't released any DVDs yet. I think the player itself will be capable of playing both once dv DVDs come out. So basically the only HDR format for physical DVDs is hdr10 right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Coyote Waits
27,241 Posts
I'm not an owner, but I assume that your 4K HDR DVDs will play at a lower level until the display is updated. You can cast Dolby Vision material from VUDU and Netflix (Marco Polo only) now. Personally I wouldn't buy an HDR player until more models are on the market and the P-Series has HDR10 installed.

:D

·
Coyote Waits
27,241 Posts
Is there a thread on the 2016 D series of the Vizios?

Tried searching but can't find one.
It should be easy to find if there is one. Has a release date been set?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not an owner, but I assume that your 4K HDR DVDs will play at a lower level until the display is updated. You can cast Dolby Vision material from VUDU and Netflix (Marco Polo only) now. Personally I wouldn't buy an HDR player until more models are on the market and the P-Series has HDR10 installed.

:D
Thanks B417 and htwaits, appreciate the feedback and am going to go ahead and pick up the P55 tomorrow. Looks like I'll have to wait a while to be able to view my HDR DVDs in HDR, but it appears Vizio is standing behind their commitment! Probably should have waited in the K8500, but didn't realize all the issue folks were having with actual HDR viewing/playback. I'm in for the long haul now and time for bed! Much appreciate your feedback, thank you!

·
Registered
20,351 Posts

The short answer is no, not until the P-series gets its update. Right now your only option is via streaming.

I believe all UHD DVDs right now are hdr10. Dolby vision hasn't released any DVDs yet. I think the player itself will be capable of playing both once dv DVDs come out. So basically the only HDR format for physical DVDs is hdr10 right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Samsung won't play DV. Future players (right now only Oppo has said it/rumored will play both I believe.

Sent from nowhere

·
Registered
20,351 Posts
Is there a thread on the 2016 D series of the Vizios?

Tried searching but can't find one.

Official probably not(at least not that I can remember seeing), you may want to post a thread in the main LCD forum and see if someone replies with a link.

Sent from nowhere

·
Registered
912 Posts

Are you talking about 4K Bluray? DVDs are only 480. But if you are talking about 4K bluray you will have to wait for vizios HDR firmware to get that benefit. I was trying to wait until OLEDs were more affordable before upgrading to 4K, but this TV seems like the perfect stop gap.

·
Coyote Waits
27,241 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Why don't you cut the attitude. It fixed the slight band issue I HAD. If it didn't fix yours then call for a damn replacement. They will replace it if it's not right period. If you're still not happy then get your damn money back and move on. Jesus. Don't tell me what it did or didn't fix for me.
you never had the band then. Firmware doesn't affect panel uniformity. AV.....SCIENCE

·
Registered
20,351 Posts
Apparently the upcoming Philips player can handle both HDR10 and DV, according to 4k.com.

That was the early rumor. Recent info points to HDR10 only from the brief bits of red in these forums. Also, 4K.com is notorious for "jacking" information and reposting it as their own. Not sure I would use them as a reference anymore.

Sent from nowhere

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Vizio is a engineering design company. They buy parts that fit their specifications from other companies. It would be interesting to know if they sub contract their software.
info from wiki:
This are the manufactures that make (kenmore) the exclusive name brand for sears. The products are currently produced by manufacturers such as whirpool ,GE,Panasonic,Sanyo,LG,Bosh,Electrolux and Mabe Mexico.

This probably are LG ,Sanyo .Panasonic or GE displays but with the kenmore name.

I agree Vizio buy parts from their suppliers they don't make parts and panels. I doubt that those TV are Vizio.

like you say Vizio is a engineering design company.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Confusion about ARC,
P65
Onkyo TX RZ900
Directv HD 54
Apple TV
PS 4
I'm running all to my AVR. Do I need to use just one cable from AVR to P65 (via ARC) or does the ARC need a separate cable back to the AVR (2 HDMI Cables)?
I have the same DIRECTV box, a Samsung UHD Blu ray player, a Roku 4, Nvidia Shield Android TV, Xbox One, and a QNAP TS-451+ all hooked into my Marantz SR7010, and then the Marantz hooked to my P75 using Monitor Out 1 (ARC) going into the Vizio's HDMI 1, also ARC. When casting apps, the audio comes through too my receiver using the TV Audio input and plays DD+, Atmos, etc.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paulf1
13561 - 13580 of 64874 Posts