AVS Forum banner

13741 - 13760 of 64795 Posts

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
I think @shoman94 mentioned that the appearance of the center yellow band had been minimized with the new firmware release. I might have missed it, but did @Matt McRae confirm that this was indeed an issue addressed with the firmware? I just haven't seen anyone else besides @shoman94 mention an improvement.
Yea it fixed it for me. I haven't seen tearing but time will tell on that.
I'm good. I read through a ton of the thread but didn't catch how it was being distributed. Just ready to get rid of this stutter pic.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
Oh you'll enjoy not having it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
In order to see 4k 444 you will a new video card or one of these(Club3D Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 UHD (CAC-1070 or 1071 mini display port). I am using one of these connected to hdmi 2.0 cable directly fed to input 5 on vizio p. This frees up hdmi on gpu which I feed to my denon 2112 receiver. Both are connected to a 7950 crossfired. As was already mentioned you will need to enable color subsampling under input. I can play old games pre 2013 @ either 1080p 120fps or 4k 60fps without a problem....
Do you have any audio sync issues by sending the video to the tv and the audio to the AVR? Also, are you primarily doing this because your AVR can't pass 4k60 or 1080p120? That is my case since I have a very good AVR but it was pre 4k60. It seems like there would be much less chance of audio syncing problems sending it directly to the AVR and letting it pass it on to the TV but if this works I may just stick with my current AVR.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
My tv definitely still has the tearing, I haven't tested it on the opening level of Uncharted 4 with the lightning yet but I've seen it on cable content.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
I'm confused because your first post indicated that you still had the tearing. Did you power cycle the TV in the mean time?
I never said I still have tearing..... There was a couple others that did. I've tested for tearing the last couple days.... No power cycling after boot.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yea it fixed it for me. I haven't seen tearing but time will tell on that.

Oh you'll enjoy not having it.

I posted a video two pages back from youtube. Can you cast that and see if you still have the tearing? I have the 75 inch as well and it still occurs on my set. I am not looking to run tests to make an issue. But it happens in normal tv viewing and Matt asked to be shown content where it occurs so they can find out why and hopefully fix it. I told him a show it happens on as well as this video.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
My tv definitely still has the tearing, I haven't tested it on the opening level of Uncharted 4 with the lightning yet but I've seen it on cable content.
I posted a video two pages back from youtube. Can you cast that and see if you still have the tearing? I have the 75 inch as well and it still occurs on my set. I am not looking to run tests to make an issue. But it happens in normal tv viewing and Matt asked to be shown content where it occurs so they can find out why and hopefully fix it. I told him a show it happens on as well as this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTYY9pwlxjE
I'm confused because your first post indicated that you still had the tearing. Did you power cycle the TV in the mean time?
@Matt McRae it's still not fixed.
From cold start :
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BDBD1C20AA1A394F!1234&authkey=!AEJJZWnki3Uhfko&ithint=video,mp4

After a powercycle:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BDBD1C20AA1A394F!1233&authkey=!AAXjq04ffV2SDmk&ithint=video,mp4

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I'm not seeing the tearing at the moment but it may just be because my tv is warmed up I definitely saw it earlier. Here's another video below which should produce it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Matt, I can second this question. I've been to two different stores in my area, Puyallup and Tacoma, WA Best Buys in the last two days. The LG associate frustrated me to no end bad mouthing the Vizio 65P that had been damaged. So I didn't feel I was getting a good representation of the product there yesterday. Then today I was at the Tacoma store and they didn't have it up because they don't have the tablet in hand and couldn't sync it up through their phone, but I appreciated them trying. I'm headed to the Federal Way store tomorrow and hoping that the 3rd try is the charm. Please have your merchandisers or their district managers check on this personally. I'd love to see it up close and personal before I make my final purchase decision. Thank you for your time.
I got mine at federal way. They had the 50" on display a month or so ago when I bought my 55". The guy there was very helpful, but they didn't have the tablet available. He said it was in the back somewhere so it doesn't get lost when they need it to sell the floor model eventually.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you have any audio sync issues by sending the video to the tv and the audio to the AVR? Also, are you primarily doing this because your AVR can't pass 4k60 or 1080p120? That is my case since I have a very good AVR but it was pre 4k60. It seems like there would be much less chance of audio syncing problems sending it directly to the AVR and letting it pass it on to the TV but if this works I may just stick with my current AVR.
No, I do not have audio sync issues between avr and video(gpu). My gpu when connected to denon 2112 via hdmi(sound and video on one cable) will only show 1080p 60fps. Utilizing display port 1.2 adapter-hdmi 2.0 cable- vizio p results in 1080p 120fps and 4k @ 60fps. You will need to use rgb mode on tablet in picture options. If using auto or xbyr whatever its called results in black crush. Rgb only option but looks fantastic... On a side note only audio issues I have with my denon is while casting. I can only use pcm. All other options result in the squirrel noise. Yes cec and hdmi control is on both fronts...

·
Coyote Waits
27,239 Posts
Any idea when they will make the firmware available on their website for those blessed with the right serial number yet? Or does that not happen until they made available through the normal channels for everyone?
The whole point of a controlled release is to control it. ;)

·
Coyote Waits
27,239 Posts
It is the SB3831. Is this not the new one? Looks like it is shown as "coming soon" on the Vizio website. I walked into the Maplewood store today when I had a spare 30 minutes and ran across it - and a very upbeat blue shirt who raved about Vizio. They have all three models with the 75 in the Magnolia section playing actual 4K content. Looked very good.
I don't think you have the "new" sound bar. I would double check with Vizio.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't think you have the "new" sound bar. I would double check with Vizio.

You're right I don't. It's already back at Bestbuy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Still haven't gotten the update. Could someone with the update please watch Tears of Steel on YouTube via Cast starting at 4:28 and tell me if you see insane stutter? https://youtu.be/bjYbA1bWjeE?t=268

I'm wondering how much the new update actually fixed and how much is just due to reduce judder/reduce motion.

·
Coyote Waits
27,239 Posts
I think @shoman94 mentioned that the appearance of the center yellow band had been minimized with the new firmware release. I might have missed it, but did @Matt McRae confirm that this was indeed an issue addressed with the firmware? I just haven't seen anyone else besides @shoman94 mention an improvement.
I've read all of Matt McRae's posts today and don't remember him bringing up screen uniformity. Do and advanced user name only search and you can double check his posts in less than ten minutes.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Still haven't gotten the update. Could someone with the update please watch Tears of Steel on YouTube via Cast starting at 4:28 and tell me if you see insane stutter? https://youtu.be/bjYbA1bWjeE?t=268

I'm wondering how much the new update actually fixed and how much is just due to reduce judder/reduce motion.
I have no stutter. But that scene itself is clearly weird as it is. There are parts of it that have what almost looks like stutter but are actually in the video no matter what you watch it on. But when I just cast it there is no stutter introduced from the tv.

·
Coyote Waits
27,239 Posts
Heh, there were people who waited WEEKS in other owner threads and were "1st 100". It has really nothing to do with the when since you/we don't know how Vizio breaks the SN fw allocation up. Patience is always the best case when firmware is involved. Sometimes people rush because it's new then something goes horribly wrong.

Sent from nowhere
Which is why slow roll outs are used. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Damn I've been waiting for this update to see if it fixes me. If my count is correct there are at least 6 people in this thread where casting is flat out broken. I spent days messing with it. The network functions fine. I get the wallpapers that it streams, and the network test passes. The support guy I talked to also said there were provisioning issues with my TV.. like there were pending updates that it wasn't installing. They must have figured something else out since then if they're skipping straight to replacement without even trying to troubleshoot first.
Yeah, same issue. I factory reset mine a few times for troubleshooting and the tier 2 (3?) guy said there were like 4 or 5 provisioning thingies stuck with the TV. We still tried troubleshooting mine (fine by me, I really didn't wanna have to take it off the wall) but in the end... swap is due. I'm not too worried about it other than the effort needed to twist a screwdriver. Just happy they're replacing.

is vizio aware of what best buy is doing to your displays? they are saying to costumers to avoid vizio,they are not properly setting the displays ,two best buy in my town have the vizio but they are off with no picture.

seems like they are using your products to attract vizio costumers and convince them to no buy the product. like some kind of bait and switch.

They did that to me I was dead set on the vizio and I had to keep saying no I just want the vizio, they were keep pushing the Sony.

Vizio need better demo booth with better video demos, a lot of people are commenting about this.
Wow! I bought mine at Best Buy over the weekend (immediate gratification itch) and the same thing happened. I called ahead to see if they had any in stock since their website said they didn't (they had at least one, maybe more). Told them to set one aside. I went in, walked to the TV section. I told the first guy that came up to me that I wanted to pick up the vizio that was set aside - he recognized the hold order, but then said "are you sure you want the vizio? There are better TV's in that price range. Have you seen the new D's?" I told him I was sure and then I waited a bit as he went to the back to pull it out. I had actually just chalked it up to the sales dude being a high school kid.

I noticed two things about the vizio display at this best buy. 1) It's right next to the OLEDs (which, due to the crazy-black blacks make absolutely everything else look gray anyway) and 2) the calibration was completely wrecked. The brightness had to have been turned up to 80+ causing the screen to have a horrible haze to it. I actually got a bit nervous standing there waiting, but I decided to just power through.

Of course I get home, hook everything up, and test with a couple blurays (Big Hero 6, Inception). Everything looks fine. Then I start poking around the "calibration" recommendations... after simply setting the picture mode to calibrated and making some minor tweaks to backlight, gamma, etc... everything looks fantastic.

I wonder if the best buy employees are just pushing for sales revenue to pad their performance numbers. I can't imagine management is coaching them to lynch certain brands in favor of others.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did your set also fail to update the firmware on its own? It seems to me that everyone I've seen so far that can't cast had to update their firmware via USB.
When chatting with Vizio tier 3 support - they were able to clear the queue and issue the update immediately when i turned the TV off (so no firmware update via USB - just through the network).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Screen Tearing & Vizio Return

I bought my P65-C1 on April 12th and had no problems (not even yellow banding) at all until today when the entire screen was tearing. So after cycling the power and trying a factory reset, I contacted Vizio and have a new display coming in the next 7-10 days.

But now, after having the display off for about an hour, I turned it back on and there's no screen tearing anymore at all. I'm still going to get the new replacement, but i'm worried that it'll have the yellow banding problem that many people seem to have. Like I said mine has no yellow banding.

Are any of you familiar with the tearing problem and should I worry about the replacement having yellow banding?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the whole quote, I'm on mobile, but yeah, I also get the lip sync issue. So far I've only seen it while watching a TV show, Arrow. I haven't encountered it with Star Wars Episode VII, but that's all I've watched on my P65 so far.

I had the same issue with two bluray movies on my PS3 plugged into my AVR...turned off 24hz on the PlayStation and it went away. Does anyone know if the new firmware fixes this issue? I'd hate to try a force update if it doesn't fix my only issue with my TV.

13741 - 13760 of 64795 Posts