AVS Forum banner

13781 - 13800 of 64783 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
The screen tearing is an intermittent problem that probably has always been there. Many people just don't notice it because it requires a certain set of circumstances to present itself. I exchanged a set and the replacement had the exact same issues. I believe the problem is way more widespread. As of now, the only way to get rid of it is to let the TV warm up for 10 minutes and then power cycle. It will disappear as long as the TV is on.
As you can see in my photos my screen problem was certainly noticeable. I'd never had a problem at all before and it came out of nowhere. But then after being off for about an hour and turning it back on the picture has been fine. I've already contacted Vizio for a replacement.
I'd like to know how such a serious looking problem could come out of nowhere and then go away? I'm also worried that my replacement display will have the yellow banding problem. I did have the option of a repair and i'm wondering if i should take it. Because then I might keep the same screen and not have to worry about the yellow banding.

Also have anyone else had screen problems as bad as in my photos?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
As you can see in my photos my screen problem was certainly noticeable. I'd never had a problem at all before and it came out of nowhere. But then after being off for about an hour and turning it back on the picture has been fine. I've already contacted Vizio for a replacement.
I'd like to know how such a serious looking problem could come out of nowhere and then go away? I'm also worried that my replacement display will have the yellow banding problem. I did have the option of a repair and i'm wondering if i should take it. Because then I might keep the same screen and not have to worry about the yellow banding.

See if it get fix with a board replacement ,you have one year of warranty . They are also replacing the whole units brand new without any trouble.

Try the option 1 first.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Yeah, that's not screen tearing. I would look for a new replacement if it were me.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Which is why slow roll outs are used. :D
I think its done to insure that the DL isn't corrupt. Which would brick the set.
No, I do not have audio sync issues between avr and video(gpu). My gpu when connected to denon 2112 via hdmi(sound and video on one cable) will only show 1080p 60fps. Utilizing display port 1.2 adapter-hdmi 2.0 cable- vizio p results in 1080p 120fps and 4k @ 60fps. You will need to use rgb mode on tablet in picture options. If using auto or xbyr whatever its called results in black crush. Rgb only option but looks fantastic... On a side note only audio issues I have with my denon is while casting. I can only use pcm. All other options result in the squirrel noise. Yes cec and hdmi control is on both fronts...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone using this as a monitor (P55) ?

Playing back 4K movies (Via VLC or MPC) will make the screen go black, just curious if this is happening to anybody else.

Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yes i have tried with or without still cuts to black screen when i press play. Afterwards i have to kill the process then powercycle the TV.
Sounds like a handshake issue. Try turning off cec or arc maybe both altogether just to check. If you using a receiver also try pass through.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I was having that issue and put the supplied vizio HDMI cord on HDMI 1 and problem was solved. Guess my 5yr old cord wasn't good enough .lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was having that issue and put the supplied vizio HDMI cord on HDMI 1 and problem was solved. Guess my 5yr old cord wasn't good enough .lol

So its an HDMI-5 issue ? i plugged into HDMI 1 & 2 and it works fine. Really hope i can figure something out dont want to have to switch HDMI ports every time i want to play a game @ 120hz.

Thanks for the help btw jopat

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yes it can be, sorry I didn't mention that. 5 doesn't support 444 chroma and other formats. You'll still get low lag on other ports with gll on. I'm using HDMI 1 with gll and I'm not noticing it. Stated on ratings.com it's below 30 which is lower than most TVs

·
Registered
87 Posts
So its an HDMI-5 issue ? i plugged into HDMI 1 & 2 and it works fine. Really hope i can figure something out dont want to have to switch HDMI ports every time i want to play a game @ 120hz.

Thanks for the help btw jopat
What video card are you using? I was having the same problem originally with my PC on HMDI 5. After I changed some settings from my GTX 960 the problem went away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What video card are you using? I was having the same problem originally with my PC on HMDI 5. After I changed some settings from my GTX 960 the problem went away.

980ti, What settings did you change ?

Yea the input lag isn't that bad on HDMI-5 but i definitely notice it for CSGO and BF4 on any other port and coming from a PG279Q (2ms/144hz) its super noticeable...#firstworldproblems

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was thinking about this earlier today. I was wondering why didn't Episode VII show the lip-sync issue? I might have played it on my PS4, whereas Arrow (and now Rick and Morty) showcase the sync problem on my Xbox One with 24Hz.

Clearly we know the issue lies with the P series, but is it an incompatiblity with the players or the discs? Suterusu, did you have any blu-rays that worked fine in 24Hz?

I know the Twin Peaks Blu-Ray has the same lip sync issue in 24Hz, but that, from what I can remember, is definitely an issue with the disc.
Are you passing the 24hz signal through an AVR? Please contact Vizio Support to report the problem. I opened a support ticket with them a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It is the SB3831. Is this not the new one? Looks like it is shown as "coming soon" on the Vizio website. I walked into the Maplewood store today when I had a spare 30 minutes and ran across it - and a very upbeat blue shirt who raved about Vizio. They have all three models with the 75 in the Magnolia section playing actual 4K content. Looked very good.
I think the new Smartcast has the slim subwoofer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
No, I do not have audio sync issues between avr and video(gpu). My gpu when connected to denon 2112 via hdmi(sound and video on one cable) will only show 1080p 60fps. Utilizing display port 1.2 adapter-hdmi 2.0 cable- vizio p results in 1080p 120fps and 4k @ 60fps. You will need to use rgb mode on tablet in picture options. If using auto or xbyr whatever its called results in black crush. Rgb only option but looks fantastic... On a side note only audio issues I have with my denon is while casting. I can only use pcm. All other options result in the squirrel noise. Yes cec and hdmi control is on both fronts...
Ok, thanks for the info. I guess my next question would be, if I get an AVR that can pass through 1080p120 and 4k60, should I just do the AVR to HDMI5 or is there some other benefit to using the display port directly to HDMI5 and using the HDMI output on the card to the AVR just for audio? Then I would send the rest of my sources from the AVR to say HDMI4 for bluray, cable, etc.? I know the HDMI inputs have different specifications on the TV HDMI 1-4 vs HDMI5. I have a P75-C1 on order and i'm trying to get my setup ready for when it arrives.

13781 - 13800 of 64783 Posts