AVS Forum banner

14001 - 14020 of 64785 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm pushing the p50-c1 as a pc monitor with two gtx980ti. No problem at all for gaming at [email protected] or sometimes [email protected] I can set the desktop at those resolution also. Little advice if using the set as pc monitor, is connect the pc to hdmi 2 input. Using hdmi 5 input has cause screen blackout trouble for me if I use vlc media player to watch 4k video. Also for some reason 4k videos stutter or judder with vlc, but not 1080p video. I downloaded a free media player called potplayer 64 bit and the 4k videos played fine. Advice number 2 is use the included vizio hdmi cord. I ordered a 6 foot high speed 18gp/s hdmi cable with RedMere Technology chip built in and I also ordered a 6 foot 1.2a display port to 18gp/s hdmi conversion cable from monoprice. I'm hopeing these cables have better connection for this panel and pc. The links are here if your interested.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10255&cs_id=1025508&p_id=10765&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042806&p_id=12781&seq=1&format=2

http://filehippo.com/download_potplayer_64_bit/

My xboxone, 360, ps3, ps4, wiiu, nvidia shield and steam link are connect to my lg oled ec9300 in the bedroom. My p50-c1 is a monitor for mac pro and pc.

Hey guy, if you're watching movies on it with your computer, you absolutely need to get MPC-HC along with MadVR. MadVR is a crazy awesome renderer that can take full advantage of all of a 980ti's processing power and then some (I know because I also have dual 980ti's). If you have a colorimeter you can even make 3DLut's for it. It's generally considered to be superior to just about any external video processor and is serious enough that Calman has MadVR 3Dlut creation built into it's enthusiast edition.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Final question before purchasing my 75'' P Series on Saturday, in large part due to the amazing support the set has had in this thread. Particular thanks to the 20 or so guys continually answering everyone's questions.

I searched but wanted a clarification: My Blu-ray player is a Panasonic DMP-BDT110 and my AVR is a Denon AVR-2112CI. I have a 9.8ft Amazon Basics HDMI cable that runs from my AVR to a MacBook Pro W/ Retina that I use to play MKV, MP4, as well as games from Steam. An amazon Basics cable runs from my AVR to my current display (VT30). Between the BD player and the AVR is a Key Digital HDMI. No handshake issues whatsoever, everything runs smoothly. The 9.8ft Amazon Cable says it "Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return." The other two cables I'm unsure of as they were purchased from a closed account in 2011.

What, if anything, will I need to replace? I want to order any required products I need to today so they'll arrive right along with my P Series.

Again, thanks for the wonderful support and frankly camaraderie in this thread from day one. Very excited about this purchase!

-Vader
Unless you are pushing a 4k 60fps signal, your calls should be fine.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yes, I know the 55 inch version is an IPS panel but IPS panels do provide better color accuracy. Still, does the 65 inch version have lower input lag due to not being an IPS panel?

I think it does, pretty sure they tested the 55 inch model here.

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/p-series-2016
Rtings is a good reference they review the products for what they really are. That review is for the 65in model which is a va panel. That being said I've read that the input lag is very similar. With IPS you get better color accuracy at an angle but less contrast.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
To answer the last question, from the VizioCast app:

Settings
System
System Information
System Information

As for the 24Hz matter, I experience the lip sync issue with my Xbox One and PS4. I haven't tried my PS3 yet. Everything is going through a 7 year-old Pioneer VSX-1018.

Although I am ready for a new receiver, I haven't decided on a model yet, so I figured I'd troubleshoot with the cheapest way. I'm going to be replacing my HDMI cables in the chain with Amazon Basics' 2.0 cables. I know some of my cables are older, so my thought is maybe that is the cause?
You may wat to look at receiver with automatic lip sync.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
with HDMI there are no guarantees ....

The best you can do is be confident in your supplier and be happy they have a return policy ;)

It's just a cable .
It can't perform miracles , but all it can do is pass the signal with minimal losses .
This is why I use Belden , and over-spec of possible (cat6a when I don't really "need" it etc.

If it can pass the data one way , it should have equal performance going back the other way .

Audio RETURN Chanel ;)
That's why I wonder what's wrong with my ARC. My 45' Monoprice Cabernet works fine getting the signal to the tv. ARC PCM is fine coming back, just the bitstream fails. That *should* mean the cable is not at fault and it's a communication issue with either the tv or preamp.

Does anyone have ARC working with bitstream to a marantz av7702mkii or similar unit through any cable now?

·
Registered
492 Posts
OK I just got a new roamio and see this same lip synch issue with tivo netflix and amazon prime apps. P65 with May firmware, Denon AvrX2200w.

I set tivo video settings to only have 1080p/60 checked, and not native 1024p/24. Is that the right way, and all looks good and sounds good without messing with the denon audio delay, leave set at 0ms.

I also have a new Sony 3700 bdp player connected to the avr, (something inexpensive whilst I wait for more uhd 4k disc player options later in the year).
Audio and Video formats are set to auto, and I don't have lip synch problems from the Sony netflix or amazon prime apps...

So seems tivo specific?

Q. How do I confirm I'm watching 24hz content input to the p65?

Yes set the Tivo to only output 1080P (60 fps). I do not believe this is a Tivo only issue because I have the same issue when I set my LG BD50 BR player to 24hz. You might not be experiencing the issue with your Sony BR player because it is much newer than my BR from 2010. Though I only got my AVR last year, I might sell it later this year and purchase a newer model with HDCP 2.2 support.

To check the Vertical Frequency follow the steps that @DJ Lushious provided in their reply.

To answer the last question, from the VizioCast app:

Settings
System
System Information
System Information

As for the 24Hz matter, I experience the lip sync issue with my Xbox One and PS4. I haven't tried my PS3 yet. Everything is going through a 7 year-old Pioneer VSX-1018.

Although I am ready for a new receiver, I haven't decided on a model yet, so I figured I'd troubleshoot with the cheapest way. I'm going to be replacing my HDMI cables in the chain with Amazon Basics' 2.0 cables. I know some of my cables are older, so my thought is maybe that is the cause?

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
It is as if the lip sync setting does nothing with 24hz signals.
I'm not having the problem with blue rays on an older Samsung player. I've played several movies and all lips are in sync. Just YouTube casting. I assume is my vsx-1130k doing this,haven't hooked it up directly though I must say...

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Yes set the Tivo to only output 1080P (60 fps). I do not believe this is a Tivo only issue because I have the same issue when I set my LG BD50 BR player to 24hz. You might not be experiencing the issue with your Sony BR player because it is much newer than my BR from 2010. Though I only got my AVR last year, I might sell it later this year and purchase a newer model with HDCP 2.2 support.

To check the Vertical Frequency follow the steps that @DJ Lushious provided in their reply.
I have my Tivo set to include 1080/24. That way it plays 24hz content when available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you get it?? I'm hoping for a couple more positive reviews on the 55" before I purchase/try one in two weeks when I return from vacation.

Initial thoughts on the P55.

Picture. keep in mind I haven't calibrated anything yet.

- Regular Cable TV is great in my opinion very please with standard broadcasts.
- NETFLIX UHD content looks wonderful still getting used to the deep dark blacks as I never owned such a high end TV.
- Youtube 4k videos looks great and I was very pleased - not totally blown away but very pleased.
- Had a chance to watch the Pens hockey game on Tuesday and was pleased with what I saw, still think I need to tweak the settings to get what I want. Recorded a football game from last year off of the NFL network and I was very upset to see a lot of motion blur practically when the ball is thrown. My other Samsung tv (3 years old) does the same thing and its really annoys me, hoping some tweak to the settings will limit this.
- Haven't had a chance to stream a UHD movie yet. They have some free 10 min content on there but for some reason I cant cast the free preview, anyone else have that problem?

Vizio Tablet Remote

- Im getting used to it and warming up to it. The casting feature is very cool and I haven't programed my cable remote to work with the TV controls yet but once I do I feel like it will be a lot better
- However, what happens if the tablet breaks? Can you buy just the tablet and does anyone know how much that costs. Didn't think of this until I was using the tablet but its a pretty big downfall if you have to pay a good amount of money to get a new one.

Overall - You are looking at a very happy customer you cant beat the quality and price.

·
Registered
319 Posts
OK I'd like to know how the auto brightness has improved with the new update. I use this on high setting and usually works pretty good. I'm still waiting though for the update:/

·
Registered
195 Posts
Didn't know you could do that .. here's some visual pics to do it.

Shoot, tried it and still on old FW. I'm like a kid and its perpetually Christmas Eve waiting for the update lol.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Using vivid and looks great with these settings IMO.
Brightness 42
Backlight 75
Contrast 65
Color 63
Tint 0
Temp cool
Black detail off
Reduce judder 5
Motion blur 8
Signal and noise off
Fald on
Gama 2.4
Watching mocking jay 1 looks very good try it out pm me what u think.

·
Registered
154 Posts
@Matt McRae
I have a request for the near future.
Could you please put + and - signs on either end of the faders in the Color Tuner section.
It is impossible to change a value +1 or -1 using your finger and most of the time that's all I need.
Thanks.
Amen brother ... with my fat fingers that was the most frustrating thing I had to do when calibrating this set to some of the settings posted in the calibration thread. Wish the simple remote had the ability to increase/decrease the values.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have my Tivo set to include 1080/24. That way it plays 24hz content when available.

I believe it is a combination of how my AVR passes the 24hz signal to the P65, and the way the P65 reads that data. It worked ok with my 2010 Samsung LN40C630, but that was an older TV and was more forgiving on low bandwidth / interference in the signal sent to it. Or something is going on with the way the AVR is receiving the lip sync calculation from the TV. Auto Lip sync is a 2 way communication between the TV and the source. Device sends picture and audio sync data to TV, TV calculates the the time it takes to scale the image and create additional frames for 240hz. Then relay that calculation back to the device so it can sync up the audio. This is why when I direct connect my Tivo or BR player to the TV, 24hz auto lip sync works.

This issue is not specific to only one brand / model, they all seem to be few and far between in the same product line. This is leading me to believe the issue might be with the reported AVR's themselves. Something is going on in the AVR that it either is sending a corrupted signal to the TV or the AVR is reading the data incorrectly that is sent back to it.

AVR's are old large computers. Instead of having everything integrated into just 1 chip (like mobile devices), they have larger separate parts that work together but are more forgiving of minor issues (they don't break down right away). It could be a capacitor, relay, DAC, or the HDMI ports themselves, which are also part of their own product lines. With all of that in mind, just remember it is still possible that our individual TV is at fault (not the entire line).

I am happy with the image on my P65 and do not feel like playing the panel lottery. :p so I will adjust lip sync in my AVR for my BR player and Tivo. Since the new Firmware allows 24hz casting, I might just stick with using Cast for Netflix viewing because IMO it looks better then Netflix from my Tivo.

I wish I had another AVR just to test things out.

14001 - 14020 of 64785 Posts