AVS Forum banner

14401 - 14420 of 64797 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
D3? You mean Diablo 3? That shouldn't have much of a problem running at 4k
Yeah. It ran really well. I enjoyed it.

Read the first post in this thread carefully.

Enjoy. :)
Thanks. I have been trying to look over a bunch of information in this thread. I am late to the party apparently.

I just had a small issue. My dropdown menus were just black boxes. I rebooted and everything has been fine. Anyone else have this happen before? I had a few things running, mainly just loaded Steam.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Would it be ridiculous to expect 0 dead pixels and return until I get one as such?
I thought Vizio has a zero dead pixel warranty.

A few pages back Matt McRae mentioned gettin touch with Support if we have the yellow banding. On my P65-C1 I can clearly see yellow banding every half foot or so across the screen.

I'd like to discuss this with Vizio, but I'm hesitant to open a ticket so soon. As in, what if panels in a month from now don't have that issue?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Would it be ridiculous to expect 0 dead pixels and return until I get one as such?
Definitely not ridiculous to expect 0 dead pixels. I have the P55 and haven't found any dead pixels. I've been keeping up with most of this thread and dead pixels doesn't seem to be brought up very much so the quality seems to be good. I would say just get the display and take it from there.

Reactions: JollyGood

·
Registered
401 Posts
ARC update

I've had audio dropouts for 5 seconds every half hour or so for 2 months.
My setup was Vizio cable from Directv to input 2 , Amazon cable from input 1(ARC) to my receiver.

A week ago I bought 2 Audioquest Chocolate 2 meter HDMI cables.
I used one to replace my ARC cable hoping it was a handshake issue but it made no difference. I still had audio dropouts.
Today just for kicks I replaced the Vizio cable with the other Audioquest cable and just like that no dropouts!!

Just to test I used the Vizio cable for ARC and still no dropouts on Directv but I did have them on Netflix.
Swapped back in the Audioquest cable and no dropouts anywhere. It's been 6 hours with no audio problems. I'm very happy.

The moral of the story is cheap-ass HDMI cables just don't cut it anymore. I probably went overboard with the Chocolate cables.
I'll probably try a Blue Jeans cable for my K8500 Bluray and soon to be built 4k PC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just updated my TV set and picture fractured for my computer. The picture is split in half and then half and half again. It is really weird. Any ideas? I can't post links until at least five posts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sat down tonight to watch King Fu Panda 3 with the family in Vudu (HDX). Got 33 minutes into it and the app completely froze. Had to unplug the tv and reboot it. Still can't get it to reconnect to vudu. Streaming it through my TiVo Bolt. Is this a common issue and how can I fix it?

My version is 1.1.6.12 and my cast is 1.18.60081

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,409 (Edited)
I've had audio dropouts for 5 seconds every half hour or so for 2 months.
My setup was Vizio cable from Directv to input 2 , Amazon cable from input 1(ARC) to my receiver.

A week ago I bought 2 Audioquest Chocolate 2 meter HDMI cables.
I used one to replace my ARC cable hoping it was a handshake issue but it made no difference. I still had audio dropouts.
Today just for kicks I replaced the Vizio cable with the other Audioquest cable and just like that no dropouts!!

Just to test I used the Vizio cable for ARC and still no dropouts on Directv but I did have them on Netflix.
Swapped back in the Audioquest cable and no dropouts anywhere. It's been 6 hours with no audio problems. I'm very happy.

The moral of the story is cheap-ass HDMI cables just don't cut it anymore. I probably went overboard with the Chocolate cables.
I'll probably try a Blue Jeans cable for my K8500 Bluray and soon to be built 4k PC.
Isn't it just infuriating? Were your audio dropouts only while casting or from the DTV receiver as well? I've heard that that an entire integration can affect things in spite of whether an input/cable is in use. It's so easy to hate HDMI and HDCP.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,410
Sat down tonight to watch King Fu Panda 3 with the family in Vudu (HDX). Got 33 minutes into it and the app completely froze. Had to unplug the tv and reboot it. Still can't get it to reconnect to vudu. Streaming it through my TiVo Bolt. Is this a common issue and how can I fix it?

My version is 1.1.6.12 and my cast is 1.18.60081
Why are you streaming VUDU through your Tivo vs. using the casting VUDU app?

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Why are you streaming VUDU through your Tivo vs. using the casting VUDU app?
Sounds like he was thru the display first. Now he's streaming thru his tivo.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,412
Sounds like he was thru the display first. Now he's streaming thru his tivo.

ahh... I thought maybe there was a VUDU app on the TIVO Bolt.

Check and make sure you've updated your VUDU app as well. The VUDU app has been a bit buggy since the latest firmware release. Not sure if your problem is related.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
ahh... I thought maybe there was a VUDU app on the TIVO Bolt.

Check and make sure you've updated your VUDU app as well. The VUDU app has been a bit buggy since the latest firmware release. Not sure if your problem is related.
I'm sure there is... But it was just the way I read it I guess... Lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
Isn't it just infuriating? Were your audio dropouts only while casting or from the DTV receiver as well? I've heard that that then entire integration can affect things in spite of whether an input/cable is in use. It's so easy to hate HDMI and HDCP.
I had dropouts from Directv and while casting.
I almost miss the thing popping up telling me it found the receiver. :cool:

Attachments

Reactions: thomasfxlt

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm sure there is... But it was just the way I read it I guess... Lol

Yes the TiVo bolt has a native vudu app so I was using that, sorry. I updated all of the apps this afternoon when I setup the tv. It was odd that it made the tv completely unresponsive when it crashed to the extent I had to unplug it. It wasn't a huge deal since it is only the HDX and not a UHD version but it was definitely annoying.

Tried casting again. It worked but if I fast forwarded to where it stopped working it crashes again. Not sure if it's a buffering issue or the app or something else. My internet is 150/150 and the tv is hooked up via Ethernet.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,416
I had dropouts from Directv and while casting.
I almost miss the thing popping telling me it found the receiver. :cool:
I'm replacing every cable in my integration. BJC FE should do the job for the short ones. I put the 35ft series 1 in the wall on Thursday. After that it becomes a limitation of the technology over length. It does seem some AVR's have better chipsets than others though. I love my Pioneer SC elite but it's a finicky when it comes to signals.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I thought Vizio has a zero dead pixel warranty.
They have a zero bright pixel policy.

As far as the yellow banding -- if you can see it in regular viewing, I'd recommend exchanging it. If not, I'd recommend holding on to the TV for a little while longer to see if Vizio fixes the problem through a hardware revision or a firmware update.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the difference?
This

What is a Bright Pixel?
A bright pixel is a pixel that is locked in the "on" position. Bright pixels can appear as any bright color although they will typically appear as red or green and will stand out against a dark background. An easy way to identify a bright pixel is to pause a DVD or DVR in a dark scene or completely black scene like between commercials. Any flat color screen like the no signal screen may hide the bright pixel as the pixel could be stuck in that color. Bright pixels tend to change color a little bit even though they are stuck on.

·
Coyote Waits
27,239 Posts
The key is what do you have to do to see that dead pixel. It's meaningless if you can't see it during normal viewing and you are paying attention to what you're watching.

It would be rediculous to return a set where you don't see the dead pixel and wind up with some other problem that you do see constantly. ;)

14401 - 14420 of 64797 Posts