AVS Forum banner

19941 - 19960 of 64796 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Did anyone else's entire casting system just fail? I'm not getting anything when I search through casting, no movies/tv shows etc pop up when I go through the casting app. I can cast just fine through Netflix/Plex/HBO Go/Vudu (but sadly no UHD yet).

I love this TV but it's frankly getting a little annoying how many spontaneous problems there have been lately.

EDIT: I had big plans to watch Gatsby tonight with the girlfriend but now I have no way to access it. Going to try the iOS app.

-Vader
Same problem with the smartcast app (the live portion is offline) but VUDU has been updated. You can still watch Gatsby.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Did anyone else's entire casting system just fail? I'm not getting anything when I search through casting, no movies/tv shows etc pop up when I go through the casting app. I can cast just fine through Netflix/Plex/HBO Go/Vudu (but sadly no UHD yet).

I love this TV but it's frankly getting a little annoying how many spontaneous problems there have been lately.

EDIT: I had big plans to watch Gatsby tonight with the girlfriend but now I have no way to access it. Going to try the iOS app.

-Vader
Not sure what you mean it won't search through casting. As I have never cast through the smartcast app itself.
If you use the vudu app and cast to the the tv before picking the moving you can select UHD with no issue.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Just manually updated Vudu and I'm shocked to report it still can't cast UHD for me. Have tried it 10+ times, it cycles between infinite beach ball, showing an error occurred on the tablet and showing Oops you shouldn't be here on the panel.

But I'm certain it's just my technical incompetence and inflated expectations, amirite?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
How is that possible if it's dv?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Marco Polo and The Do-Over are both in DV and HDR10 on Netfix. It just depends on what TV and device you use to watch it. The Samsung TV only does HDR10 and the Vizio (for now) only does DV.

65JS8500, P50-C1, K8500, SB3851 Soundbar

·
Coyote Waits
27,239 Posts
Just manually updated Vudu and I'm shocked to report it still can't cast UHD for me. Have tried it 10+ times, it cycles between infinite beach ball, showing an error occurred on the tablet and showing Oops you shouldn't be here on the panel.

But I'm certain it's just my technical incompetence and inflated expectations, amirite?
Your expectations have nothing to do with your competence. The fact that you tried, what ever you tried 10+ times, does speak to something about your competence.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How does 4K netflix look on the display? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks
DEFINITELY WORTH IT IMO.
Marco Polo is awesome and even those under water 4k short films, they have waterfalls, flowers etc. Those look cool. Breaking bad is there in 4k and some other great shows. I really liked swords of destiny (i think thats what it was called) and Narcos. Get it, it's like 3 bucks more.

·
Registered
650 Posts

I had to play with mine a lot to ultimately get it to work tonight. I updated the app, restarted it, it still wouldn't work, turned my tablet on/off, restarted the app, and after doing this a few times it finally worked. The app shut itself down several times as well before I could get it to work.

But, FYI, not without issues. The stream stopped 4x throughout Gatsby and I've never had that issue ever with previous Vudu/Netflix/HBO Go/Plex content. It also had the image itself get stuck but audio continued.

As for the PQ of Gatsby now having seen the whole thing, absolutely jaw dropping. Such a wonderful variation of color in every single frame not to mention bright highlights often are right next to really deep blacks. Gorgeous.

-Vader

·
Registered
934 Posts
I had to play with mine a lot to ultimately get it to work tonight. I updated the app, restarted it, it still wouldn't work, turned my tablet on/off, restarted the app, and after doing this a few times it finally worked. The app shut itself down several times as well before I could get it to work.

But, FYI, not without issues. The stream stopped 4x throughout Gatsby and I've never had that issue ever with previous Vudu/Netflix/HBO Go/Plex content. It also had the image itself get stuck but audio continued.

As for the PQ of Gatsby now having seen the whole thing, absolutely jaw dropping. Such a wonderful variation of color in every single frame not to mention bright highlights often are right next to really deep blacks. Gorgeous.

-Vader
Hey Vader, I pointed some dude that had his own thread about the P Series tablet in you and the threads direction. Told him to read page 1 and then find your posts. Maybe you can help him out?

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts

But, FYI, not without issues.
-Vader
Yeah it finally kicked on for me once too. I don't know if it was random luck or something getting reset in the chain

·
Registered
139 Posts
So I figured out why my old tablet and my Note 2 would not connect to the the P65. Seems they are both Bluetooth 4.0 and the Vizio is 4.1

Sigh

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just rented PR this week using the T-mobile free VUDU rental money. Really looking forward to watching it this weekend. Also going to check out Gatsby. Thank you T-Mobile!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just watched it yesterday and you will be floored. It looks great !

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Yeah no HDR10 on Vudu, only Dolby Vision. Just checked.

On another note, I watched Marco Polo S2 on my Vizio in DV. Then watched the same scene in HDR10 on my Samsung TV. The difference is negligible in my opinion. Same thing goes for The Do-Over. Shows looks great on both set.

65JS8500, P50-C1, K8500, SB3851 Soundbar
Did they update the Netflix app for HDR on the Samsung TVs? I have the JS9000 which came out the same year as the JS8500 so shouldn't I have the update? It's just hard for me to know when it's coming through in HDR since the Samsung's don't indicate it like other TVs

·
Registered
1,869 Posts

It could be Vudu developers' incompetence, but I fail to see how this is Vizio's fault.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rtings.com recently updated their review on the 2016 P series PC monitor section to indicate that these sets cannot properly display 4:4:4, instead displaying as 4:2:2.
I was literally a few days away from making the purchase on a P75 until I saw this. Gaming and PC use is very important for me.

current owners who use as a PC monitor -

What are your impressions on how the TV handles as a PC monitor @4k?

Is this difference noticeable?

If you had known this information earlier would you still purchase the TV?

I am now very conflicted about purchasing this set or looking at one of LG's offerings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can someone please tell me as I cannot decipher from all of the posts, should I be able to stream UHD from Vudo onto the display? I rented Gatsby in UHD last night but it will only steam in 1080p when I play it.... Thank you.

19941 - 19960 of 64796 Posts