AVS Forum banner

19961 - 19980 of 64920 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
It could be Vudu developers' incompetence, but I fail to see how this is Vizio's fault.
Casting was/is down from the Casting App as well as Vudu for a lot of people. Half of that is Vizio's fault and it strikes me as too much of a coincidence for the two to be unrelated.

Can someone please tell me as I cannot decipher from all of the posts, should I be able to stream UHD from Vudo onto the display? I rented Gatsby in UHD last night but it will only steam in 1080p when I play it.... Thank you.
Yes! You should be. Go into the app store, look up Vudu and hit "update." Play with it until it works since it took me about ten minutes of opening the app/closing the app/restarting it to finally get it to work.

Btw Casting App is working for me now.

-Vader

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you, I just did and it worked. I though it automatically updated.

Is there a place on the tablet you can go to see what apps have updates? I am use to using Apple products so using the Android tablet is taking some getting used to.

Also is there a way to see/tell when the display has updated? From what I gather it automatically installs any firmware updates automatically but I would like to be able to know when it does so.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Is there a place on the tablet you can go to see what apps have updates? I am use to using Apple products so using the Android tablet is taking some getting used to.

Also is there a way to see/tell when the display has updated? From what I gather it automatically installs any firmware updates automatically but I would like to be able to know when it does so.

Thanks!
The play store will show you if apps have updates.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Rtings.com recently updated their review on the 2016 P series PC monitor section to indicate that these sets cannot properly display 4:4:4, instead displaying as 4:2:2.
I was literally a few days away from making the purchase on a P75 until I saw this. Gaming and PC use is very important for me.

current owners who use as a PC monitor -

What are your impressions on how the TV handles as a PC monitor @4k?

Is this difference noticeable?

If you had known this information earlier would you still purchase the TV?

I am now very conflicted about purchasing this set or looking at one of LG's offerings.
I have used several tv's and monitors for pc gaming use. Between the lack of lag , beautiful colors and contrast this has been my favorite. When using 4k resolution, there is still a slight oddness to text vs prior samsung tv's. I've always had chroma set to 444 and there is a slight difference. If you are using this tv as a monitor to work in front of everyday, I can see some people being turned off by the text. I only use the tv for gaming, blurays, reading forums and casting 4k via netflix and vudu. BTW I have the 65.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone have any luck with Plex UHD streaming? My P65-C1 shows as a Chromecast on my server and everything is transcoding to x264 AAC instead of passing the x265 HEVC.

·
Registered
8,817 Posts
New issue i think...

happens on both my 50 and 55..

if you are on the tablet with the Netflix app open and casting from the app, the volume buttons on the tablet make the displays volume jump in increments of 10...

if you switch to the vizio app, or use another remote (i.e. my dish Hopper remote or the actual vizio remote) volume changes work as expected..

but switch to the NF app... 10 value jumps...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Anyone have any luck with Plex UHD streaming? My P65-C1 shows as a Chromecast on my server and everything is transcoding to x264 AAC instead of passing the x265 HEVC.
What kind of audio does the file have? Plex will automatically transcode if there is are subtitles present in the file or it's an invalid audio format that Plex doesn't support.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Some but not all did. The number of posts per page is a user controlled variable. For instance, I'm on page 500. :)
Yeah, 200 here. I always adjust for maximum replies per thread.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Official Vizio 2016 P Series Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please

Thanks!

For auto updates go into Google play app and tap on the 3 lines in the upper left corner, this will bring up a menu. Scroll down, select settings and enable auto updates for apps.
If you want to manually update apps you can use same menu and tap on My Apps and it will show you what apps have updates available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like other here after updating the Vizio Cast app problems with the app have been occurring. Ranging from staying on the loading screen when opening, volume working incorrectly or not at all, to the streaming options not appearing in the vizio app.

Often now when the app does open it asks to take me through the initial steps of pairing with the tv again. This happens on both the tablet and my phone(Nexus 5).

At this point having it work properly seems random at best.

Also like some streaming UHD through the VUDU app on the tablet has been an issue but I am able to do it with out problem on my phones VUDU app.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I noticed last week my P65 does this too.

New issue i think...

happens on both my 50 and 55..

if you are on the tablet with the Netflix app open and casting from the app, the volume buttons on the tablet make the displays volume jump in increments of 10...

if you switch to the vizio app, or use another remote (i.e. my dish Hopper remote or the actual vizio remote) volume changes work as expected..

but switch to the NF app... 10 value jumps...

·
Registered
12 Posts
P65 Screen Freeze

For whatever it's worth, I think it's related to the last firmware update too. My P65 was a well oiled machine before it updated and the freezing started sometime after (which slowly worsened and now happening a few times/week). However, I'm grasping at straws here... It could have absolutely nothing to do with the latest patch. Like Thomasfixit said, it could be a number of things causing the hiccup.
I'll contact Vizio Support within the next couple days just to try and emphasize our specific issue. But I'm crossing my fingers and toes that maybe the next update will miraculously fix the constant freezing.
Good luck, thanks for trying to help a brother out here.
It definitely feels firmware related. Prior to the recent update, I never had the freeze issue occur. I have never seen Vizio acknowledge that the issue even exists. So, we're in the dark as to if and when it might get sorted out on the next fw release. I will remain hopeful though. I definitely do not want to go down the swap for a new unit route.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Would i be able to connect Bluetooth headphones to these tvs? I don't see where I can pair it through their app (only for SmartCast products)

I am looking for a solution to use headphones at night so as not to disturb anyone. I only have a soundbar setup. No receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
Teeny-tiny input problem

I am loving my P-65, but I am having a very minor difficulty in getting a picture when I use the NET setting on my Onkyo 818 AVR for Sirius/XM radio. When I either turn on my system with my Harmony remote (AVR on and output set to NET, Vizio TV on) or switch to listen to satellite radio from watching TV, I get sound but "No Signal" appears on the screen. However, when I switch to listen from watching a Blu-Ray movie (as in: originally, AVR on and output set to BD, HDMI input 1 on Vizio selected - then switched: AVR output set to NET, Vizio TV on and input set to HDMI input 1), I get both picture and sound.

I am thinking that since the Blu-Ray player and the NET outputs are both fed to the Vizio's HDMI-1 input, that is why I get picture and sound; when watching TV (signal coming from a TiVo), the video output is sent to the Vizio's HDMI-2 input and audio is sent to the digital optical input on the AVR. Does this sound right, and if so, how can I fix it?

Again, a minor concern (probably not worth all this typing) but one I would like to figure out.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I am loving my P-65, but I am having a very minor difficulty in getting a picture when I use the NET setting on my Onkyo 818 AVR for Sirius/XM radio. When I either turn on my system with my Harmony remote (AVR on and output set to NET, Vizio TV on) or switch to listen to satellite radio from watching TV, I get sound but "No Signal" appears on the screen. However, when I switch to listen from watching a Blu-Ray movie (as in: originally, AVR on and output set to BD, HDMI input 1 on Vizio selected - then switched: AVR output set to NET, Vizio TV on and input set to HDMI input 1), I get both picture and sound.

I am thinking that since the Blu-Ray player and the NET outputs are both fed to the Vizio's HDMI-1 input, that is why I get picture and sound; when watching TV (signal coming from a TiVo), the video output is sent to the Vizio's HDMI-2 input and audio is sent to the digital optical input on the AVR. Does this sound right, and if so, how can I fix it?

Again, a minor concern (probably not worth all this typing) but one I would like to figure out.
Is there video output from the AVR when on the NET setting? If not, I would expect "No Signal". Is it does output video then you would need the TV to be on the HDMI input that is connected to the AVR.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yes, there is video output on the NET output, and it is set to the correct input on the Vizio, HDMI-1.
I have some issues with vido showing up on the Vizio when switching inputs. I think its handshaking so I have been playing with delays so the TV switches before the AVR switches and not at the exact same time.

19961 - 19980 of 64920 Posts