Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 773 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt /forum/post/0

Slated for a June/July '07 launch. See attached PDF file.

For some reason I can't open this file...says file not found. I had this problem on the other thread too. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's strange. I just double checked and it still works on my end both for viewing in my browser and downloading to my desktop.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt /forum/post/0

That's strange. I just double checked and it still works on my end both for viewing in my browser and downloading to my desktop.

Opened just fine on my PowerBook.

Do we think they just used a picture of the 47 or 42? Or is that a real 52" Looks the same, which is good news. Doesn't mention removable speakers, but I'm hoping. Seems like a better choice than the VM60 which isn't 1080P.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtv /forum/post/0

Opened just fine on my PowerBook.

Do we think they just used a picture of the 47 or 42? Or is that a real 52" Looks the same, which is good news. Doesn't mention removable speakers, but I'm hoping. Seems like a better choice than the VM60 which isn't 1080P.

I was also wondering about removeable speakers - it's one of my favorite things about my 47...just looks so clean hanging on the wall with just the black frame.

I also really like the look of the redesigned remote control!

·
Registered
54 Posts
link works for me. 800:1 contrast isn't too good?

Will it have the same cropping issue as the Vizio 47". If so, no thanks.

Is this also the TV that will sell for less than $2K?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm guessing the pic is of the new 52 since, as someone pointed out on the official 47 thread, they had the TV on display at the Vegas show.

It was also mentioned over there that it might be smart to wait a couple of months for them to work out the bugs, but it appears to me the specs are the same as for the 47 so I would speculate most or all the internals would be the same. It's more or less just the big brother in the line up.

The relatively low contrast thing had been bugging me too. I was in Costco today and they had the 47 right next to the Sharp. The blacks were definitely deeper on the Sharp but I didn't find the contrast of the Vizio deal breaking. Though the blacks weren't as deep I didn't find the Viz to be washed out and I could see just as much if not more detail in the dark areas as on the Sharpie. And some other elements of the Vizio's PQ I liked better than the Sharp as well.

The way I tend to look at it is when I get the Vizio home I won't have ANY other TV (superior or otherwise) running right next to it for comparison. So it only boils down to do I find the PQ of the Vizio acceptable? I find it more than acceptable, I think it's a very good picture and one I would be happy with. As a bonus I get PIP/POP, 2 additional HDMI inputs, and save a grand over the current price of the sharp 52 ($2,999 vs $1,999 expected for the "Big Viz").

Regarding the cropping issue, could one of you guys explain that more fully, what causes it etc. When I looked at the two 47's today I didn't notice a difference in the amount of picture displayed between the two, but I wasn't really looking for it either. Do all makes do this to some extent, just some more than others? If anyone could explain this, or post a link to another thread on this topic, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Can someone tell me how one would be able to hook this baby up to a pc? It says it has a 1xRGB pc connection but does that mean VGA??

·
Registered
129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olternaut /forum/post/0

Can someone tell me how one would be able to hook this baby up to a pc? It says it has a 1xRGB pc connection but does that mean VGA??

Since it's not out yet I doubt anyone has actual experience, but it appears from the spec sheet it is essentially the big bro of the 47 so you may look at the threads for that machine. The first official v47 thread was so huge they started a new one. Practically every connectivity question has been discussed. Check it out.

·
Registered
314 Posts

Quote:

Yes RGB 15-pin, D-sub are terms for VGA, also you could use DVI---> HDMI

·
Registered
181 Posts
As long as I can hook it up that is all I need to know.

I don't suppose anybody can hazard a guess at what this thing will retail for based on the other prices for the vizio lcds?? Please, I hope it will be inexpensive just like their other products.

·
Registered
314 Posts

Quote:

I don't suppose anybody can hazard a guess at what this thing will retail for based on the other prices for the vizio lcds?? Please, I hope it will be inexpensive just like their other products.

It was released that it will be sub 2 grand. So good ole' 1999.99.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wonder if they'll have a passport promotion for this thing? Seems like it's release should perfectly coincide with Costco's summer passport to savings...

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wish Vizio would up the ante by doing better than 800:1 contrast ratio and 8ms response time. Seems like Vizio's "future" model has "yesterday's" specs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
it'll be inexpensive and probably with the same poor quality control that has made the 47" a bummer. i had one and returned it. many many have had it and dealt with numerous returns and fixes. 52" is nice, but you get what you pay for. it's a good looking set. but the company has grown very quickly and CS and QC suck, at least for the time being. i'm not a vizio basher and not a troll. this site is for all sorts of commentary. just take this as a wraning if your eyes are popping for a 52" 1080p at under 2k. the frustration might not be worth the effort. buyer beware.

Quote:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Spec does look disappointing. Since when did 800:1 Contrast Ratio considered Superb? Hope the price on the 47" drop because of this model though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for all the info on the 52, guess I gotta wait now to check it out, I'm in no rush, just gotta get a HDTV by years end----

Once again, great info

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wonder if Costco is going to be selling the 52". If so, I bet they get a lot of 47" Vizio returns that were purchased under the old return policy.

1 - 20 of 773 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.