AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 10666 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Announced at CES:
http://store.vizio.com/news/cat/news/post/vizio-reveals-expanded-2013-hdtv-collection

Nice looking with slim bezel. No availability date yet. Pricing:

VIZIO M-Series Razor LED Smart TVs

32” Razor LED Smart TV (M321i) – $399.99 Retail Price

40” Razor LED Smart TV (M401i) – $529.99 Retail Price

47” Razor LED Smart TV (M471i) – $699.99 Retail Price

VIZIO M-Series Razor LED Smart TVs w/Theater 3D

50” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M501d) – $849.99 Retail Price

55” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M551d) – $1,199.99 Retail Price

60” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M601d) – $1,599.99 Retail Price

65” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M651d) – $1,999.99 Retail Price

70” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M701d) – $2,499.99 Retail Price

80” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M801d) – $4,499.99 Retail Price

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone with comments? I'm waiting on a release date for the M701d. Already have a custom home entertainment center built and waiting for it (or something else similar in size that fits the bill).

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
I can't recall from last year but the 2012 701s just dropped in price very close to Black Friday prices ($1600 vs $1500 for the 70") so it may be soon.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very excited for the M series. Loving the industrial look, and that super slim bezel. Keeping my eye out for 70" prices to drop under 2K and I'm sold.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Samsung HL-T5687S has a dying DMD chip and I do not want to fix it only to have a LED go out or something else. I was looking at maybe grabbing a Vizio M3D550KDE from Costco for $850 but now I want to wait for a M551d...

·
Registered
220 Posts
As long as they can fix the blooming and any uniformity issues from the previous M series, then they could very well have a winner here. The 2012 M series with similar LED backlighting (edge lit, local dimming) was noted as one of the best picture quality LCDs.

I expect great things from this set. Hopefully great enough to buy a 70" set. Crossing my fingers that there will be a Black Friday deal for sub $1800ish.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Really looking forward to this series myself. I was excited for last year's E-series, especially the 70 inch. I think waiting was a good decision, though, because prices are just going to be getting lower and lower and those designs are getting to be amaaaaaaaazing. This year's M-series looks stunning with that thin bezel. In terms of picture quality, I really just don't expect much from LCDs. I am focused on size, price and design. I'll be more concerned about picture quality when OLEDs start becoming affordable, which will probably be 5-8 years away for me. In the meantime I'm looking to nab a giant Vizio that looks pretty just sitting on my wall
and has decent enough picture quality (and hopefully not too much BACKLIGHT BLEED!!!!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000  /t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread#post_22924763

Does anyone know if these will have glossy or semi-glossy screens?

Assuming this information will still be correct at launch, according to the CNET CES piece :
Quote:
Vizio also mentioned that like all of its 65-inch passive 3D TVs, the 65-inch M651d will have the glass pattern retarder finish, which results in the glossy screen we disliked so much on models like the M3D651SV. The other 3D sizes will have a matte or at least semi-gloss film pattern retarder, like the M3D0KD, while the smaller non-3D sets will be straight matte.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I just bought the 70" E-series and though I like it so far (little uniformity issue in the middle of screen on white-ish action scenes) this new 70" series has got me Mega Excited!!!

70” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M701d) – $2,499.99 Retail Price .... PLEASE GET IN STOCK VIZIO !!!!!

I have until April 28th to return my e-series to Costco ... I am Hoping And Praying Costco has this 70" M-series in the store by then!

Please keep this thread updated on new word from Vizio on when these exactly will be released.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I really hope Vizio posts approximate release months soon. I'm really interested in the new M-series, too, in 65". I'm curious about the PQ difference between the 65" M-series and the 70" E series. If it's substantially better on the 65", I might nab it... otherwise, I'm looking at nabbing the 70" E series soon as I'd like a bigger picture and don't want to spend what other brands ask for 65-70".

The 70" E has already been proven to have a decent picture anyhow.

·
Registered
846 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581  /t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread#post_22969391

I really hope Vizio posts approximate release months soon. I'm really interested in the new M-series, too, in 65". I'm curious about the PQ difference between the 65" M-series and the 70" E series. If it's substantially better on the 65", I might nab it... otherwise, I'm looking at nabbing the 70" E series soon as I'd like a bigger picture and don't want to spend what other brands ask for 65-70".

The 70" E has already been proven to have a decent picture anyhow.

I have the M3D651SV model (late 2012 model). One feature I like for this model is that it has local dimming (smart dimming). I don't beleive the current e-Series has this feature. Though I've read some reviews of this feature on other brands that don't seem to like it much, I think it helps the blacks in some scenes.

Rick

1 - 20 of 10666 Posts