AVS Forum banner

2921 - 2940 of 3038 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Somehow I lost Dolby Vision with the new update. Frustrating. Anyone have any ideas to try as a potential fix?

TV: P659-G1
Firmware: 4.0.20.3
Soundbar: SB36512-F6
Stream Box: Nvidia Shield 2019

·
Registered
808 Posts
Somehow I lost Dolby Vision with the new update. Frustrating. Anyone have any ideas to try as a potential fix?

TV: P659-G1
Firmware: 4.0.20.3
Soundbar: SB36512-F6
Stream Box: Nvidia Shield 2019
Need more details are you sure you completely lost it like did you try the built in apps on the tv to verify

·
Registered
38 Posts
Need more details are you sure you completely lost it like did you try the built in apps on the tv to verify
I have the same setup and can confirm that DV works on the built in smartcast and a 4k firestick. Still doesn't work on the 2019 Shield though. One semi interesting note, when I first tried Jack Ryan season 1 DV on the Shield I got the awful colors and noticed even though the Vizio info said DV was on, it obviously wasn't so that's when I started rooting around in Shield settings and noticed DV disappeared. But when I just tried again on the Shield and Jack Ryan, it has corrected itself and displaying in HDR10 but not DV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, this seems to be effecting the DV from external sources (others have reported that DV broke in FireTV, etc). Sounds like some kind of quagmire with the HDMI handshaking.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Been a Vizio P75 F1 (2018) owner for about a year now. Some DSE yes, but overall I'm so glad I went from 65 to 75. One question...it's taken me a while but I'm finally messing with the settings. I've settled on "calibrated" as my default for hdr/dv content. However I'm just now realizing that "normal" seems a bit too yellowish. Cool seems a bit too blue-ish. Any thoughts on using "computer"? It seems to strike a good balance,and when I searched this thread I noticed several people using it. Any issue in doing that? I want to try to replicate as best a picture as possible (everything else is defaulted to rtings settings, save for active array set to medium).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a P75-F1 and just as soon as it auto updated to firmware 4.0.20.3 it started having an issue with the volume. Before the update I usually kept the volume at 16 and very rarely needed to turn it above 20 which was very loud. Now in order to hear the speakers at 16 I have to stand right next to it. Initially, I just figured I would need to turn the volume to compensate for the new levels. Unfortunately, no matter how much I turned up the volume, it never got any louder after level 20 and even that was just a tad bit louder than 16.

This sucks... I can barely hear my TV because of the new firmware. Below I have listed all the steps I tried to do to fix the problem with no luck. Any suggestions?

- power cycling the TV

- toggling on/off surround sound and volume leveling settings

- unplugging everything but power cable

- tested all possible input sources

- performed a complete system reset

- I thought maybe it was so quiet because one of the speakers had gone bad, but I was able to verify sound was coming out clearly through both speakers.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Been a Vizio P75 F1 (2018) owner for about a year now. Some DSE yes, but overall I'm so glad I went from 65 to 75. One question...it's taken me a while but I'm finally messing with the settings. I've settled on "calibrated" as my default for hdr/dv content. However I'm just now realizing that "normal" seems a bit too yellowish. Cool seems a bit too blue-ish. Any thoughts on using "computer"? It seems to strike a good balance,and when I searched this thread I noticed several people using it. Any issue in doing that? I want to try to replicate as best a picture as possible (everything else is defaulted to rtings settings, save for active array set to medium).

Thoughts?
I don't have any particular thoughts other than it looks the best (by far) to me and that's what I use. The colors just look unnatural in one way or another with any other setting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a P75-F1 and just as soon as it auto updated to firmware 4.0.20.3 it started having an issue with the volume. Before the update I usually kept the volume at 16 and very rarely needed to turn it above 20 which was very loud. Now in order to hear the speakers at 16 I have to stand right next to it. Initially, I just figured I would need to turn the volume to compensate for the new levels. Unfortunately, no matter how much I turned up the volume, it never got any louder after level 20 and even that was just a tad bit louder than 16.

This sucks... I can barely hear my TV because of the new firmware. Below I have listed all the steps I tried to do to fix the problem with no luck. Any suggestions?

- power cycling the TV

- toggling on/off surround sound and volume leveling settings

- unplugging everything but power cable

- tested all possible input sources

- performed a complete system reset

- I thought maybe it was so quiet because one of the speakers had gone bad, but I was able to verify sound was coming out clearly through both speakers.
I had the same issue with my P75-F1 try to toggle the other settings in the Audio menu, the volume came back to normal after I toggle one of the setting not sure which one it was.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue with my P75-F1 try to toggle the other settings in the Audio menu, the volume came back to normal after I toggle one of the setting not sure which one it was.
Had the same issue. Checked Audio settings. Surround Sound was set to On. I set it to Off and then sound was back to normal

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just curious is it a trait of all VA panels that toward the edge of the screen...outer edge [left and right side]...that the color has a slight desaturated look in hdr/dolby? You can notice it in panning shots off anything with red or foliage so panning shots in The Martian for example the sand will be more saturated mid screen then when it pans it loses some saturation towards the edge. The odd thing is....it doesn't seem as noticable in sdr....

·
Registered
44 Posts
P65-F1 black screen... repair help

My TV died a week ago, still has sound and a working backlight, can still see some faint movement on the screen when I use it. I can tell it's still functioning.

I think it's the T-CON board but I'm having trouble finding the points on it to test with with a multimeter, all the videos I see look different than this. Can someone point me in the right direction on checking voltages coming into the board and going out to the panel? Here's a picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got a 2016 P55-C1, and it's been very solid since I got it.

Then, last night, the screen went black, BUT...

If I power it off then back on, the Vizio logo will appear on the screen at bootup, and sound is still working, but no screen at all after the logo.

I tried unplugging it overnight, also tried the "unplug it then hold the power button for a minute" and nothing.

I can still connect with the app, so I tried other inputs etc, nothing. I chose to do a factory reset, nothing still.

Any ideas? I mean, the screen actually DOES work since I see the logo at bootup, but that's it.

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
AirPlay Connectivity Issues

Anyone been having weird Apple AirPlay connectivity issues?

We never really used it for anything before (used chrome cast for other app/video streaming needs), but with the introduction of Disney+, we've been using it a lot more since that is the way to get the amazing 2160p DolbyVision versions of their films to play on the set.

With that said, I've had intermittent connectivity with it. For example, we'd start watching a movie through AirPlay... then 20-30min into the movie, it just disconnects and bounces back to the SmartCast screen. When looking on our phone, tablets, etc... we no longer see the P65-F1 show up as a AirPlay cast able device, even though the airplay icon still shows on the TV top right corner. Other internet TV functions still work just fine, Netflix app, YT, even chrome casting no problem. So its not like the wifi signal dropped out completely... just airplay specifically.

We have to do a soft power cycle, or unplug and reboot... then the icon returns on our mobile devices to AirPlay back to the TV again. We've also tried factory resets and fresh installs of recent firmware and the like.

We start it up again, watch another 20 some times 60min... then again, disconnects and bounces back to SmartCast screen.
Our phones arn't in low power mode, happens whether the phones are locked/unlocked. Its seemingly at random, and takes a whole power cycle to restore functionality. Anyone else notice this?
@VizioService

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whats ev1 think of the hdr10+ update ? I just watched the alien 4k blu ray through my ubd-m9500 and i was impressed and i have the karate kid 1984 and cliffhanger in amazon prime they both playback in hdr10+ and i also have them in dv on vudu and i think hdr10+ is better than dv myself ...let me know what ya think ppl !!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Whats ev1 think of the hdr10+ update ? I just watched the alien 4k blu ray through my ubd-m9500 and i was impressed and i have the karate kid 1984 and cliffhanger in amazon prime they both playback in hdr10+ and i also have them in dv on vudu and i think hdr10+ is better than dv myself ...let me know what ya think ppl !!!!!
I watched some Grand Tour with HDR10+. Its been a few months since ive seen the previous 4K version on the F1, but to me the colors and image just looked better, more 'natural'. Brights being bright, colors being rich, darks being well preserved, etc.

·
Registered
808 Posts
My custom HDR settings for The Mandalorian since its using fake HDR.....mastered at 200nits....

Using Calibrated I made a custom save for dull HDR/Dolby content t
Backlight 80
Brightness 50
Contrast 70
Color 60
Sharpness 20

These settings also work good for other drab looking Disney movies like the Marvel films.

Color Temperature Normal
Active Full Array Medium
Gamma 2.4

·
Registered
69 Posts
Today I watched Atomic Blonde in 4K UHD DV.
I used the Vudu app. from Vizio.
Image quality was perfect for this dark movie that reproduce the visual from Berlin in the 90s.
The P55F1 works very well with Dolby Vision.:)

2921 - 2940 of 3038 Posts