AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I really like it. Hard to lose. Nobodies going to try and steal it when you travel. Built in mics and lights. There's a lot of upsides. My only concern is -- portability. Does it come with a strap? Or maybe a foldable wagon to put it on for exquisite dolly shots. Then of course is cost. Got an idea as to cost?

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Here's my original thread talking about it.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/161-camcorders/1529931-new-camera-released-kills-gh4-ax100-holy-s.html

Even to this day, it's still pretty high tech but it wouldn't surprise me if they were to come out with an 8K60p version for a very affordable price. That would smash the competition into pieces.

With that said, I don't know if I'd take it with me on vacation. While in the Azores, in January I just finished getting a shot at a particular place and all of a sudden, I got hit by a huge wave that got me wet from head to toe. I ran to the wall of rocks when I saw that. Then a second wave got to me. In order to go up from where I was at, if a third wave were to hit me, well lets just say who knows what would have happened to me. For sure it probably would have been much worse for me if I had that POS 86 camera. I would have gotten more hurt than I already had. I'm just cautioning people that it wouldn't be a good idea to bring that camera with you on vacation and if you do, you'll have to be very careful. Also, It'll count as 1 full luggage.

Reactions: Glashub
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.