AVS Forum banner

2841 - 2852 of 2852 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went on the Xfinity forum to find out (a) which model DVR I needed to display 4K and (b) whether I needed to make an appointment at the store to exchange DVRs.

I learned the box I wanted was XG1v4. I learned I should make an appointment. I spoke with a phone rep who assured me my nearest Xfinity store had XG1v4s stacked and waiting to go. I made an appointment for today. I disconnected my old box and drove 40 minutes to the nearest store.

My appointment meant nothing. I waited in line behind old-timers wanting to pay their bills in person and a woman who wanted a lesson in connecting her cable box.

I finally get seen. The guy says he doesn't think they have any XG1v4s but he'll look. 10 minutes later he returns with a box. Another of the same box I brought in to exchange, nicely shrink wrapped. He explains the XG1v4 has been discontinued and there will be no more 4K DVRs from Comcast ever again.

I am not experiencing Awesome.
That is frustrating experience. I don't know if they will help, but you might try posting your request at Customer Service - Xfinity Help and Support Forums. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I finally get seen. The guy says he doesn't think they have any XG1v4s but he'll look. 10 minutes later he returns with a box. Another of the same box I brought in to exchange, nicely shrink wrapped. He explains the XG1v4 has been discontinued and there will be no more 4K DVRs from Comcast ever again.
That sounds kind of weird. I wonder if it's really true. However, even with the XG1v4, you can't really record a 4K program, just play one. If a live event is on, you can pause and rewind a bit. But not too much. I haven't measured this, but if you leave the program on pause for more than a minute or two, you end up exiting the 4K program all together. So perhaps they're saying you need a cable box for 4K, but in the future it won't be a DVR also. Which I agree, does suck.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I found my local store also did not have the XG1v4 (my existing XG1v4 malfunctioned), but I was able to call customer service and they mailed me a replacement.

·
Registered
116 Posts
AX014ANM & TX061AEI are my latest box upgrades this weekend. Also had to raise my Xfinity router to get a better signal.
Atmos during 4k college football this weekend also

·
Registered
611 Posts
My power was out all day yesterday. When it came back on, all the programs scheduled to record that day on my X1 were all on the DVR, with full fast forwarding capabilities.

Very impressive. My TIVO does not do that. If the X1 can do that, why can't it go back and record the full program from the beginning when you press record while the program is in progress?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
My power was out all day yesterday. When it came back on, all the programs scheduled to record that day on my X1 were all on the DVR, with full fast forwarding capabilities.

Very impressive. My TIVO does not do that. If the X1 can do that, why can't it go back and record the full program from the beginning when you press record while the program is in progress?
I believe that's when it does cloud recording. I've also had it continue to record a program that was a recording in progress when the power went out. However, full rewind and fast forwarding can be a problem in that instance.

However, I don't think it does cloud recording until it already knows you want to record something. If you start the recording after the program begins airing, it isn't able to go back to the beginning before you told it to record. Why it doesn't automatically cloud record everything on every channel all the time, and keep it forever so you can go back and watch anything from any time probably has something to do with the amount of cloud recording capability.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I just installed a xi6-t wireless box from xfinity. I noticed I have the option for auto detect(dolby digital +) or expert mode. When I select expert mode which should be best Dolby audio, I only get Dolby Digital. I thought Dolby Digital + was higher bandwidth than Dolby Digital and is also required for Atmos. If this is true, I would think auto detect would be the better setting.

What is the correct setting for best possible audio experience?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Can someone tell me now to cancel future recordings? I can’t find a cancel future recordings when in record options? Where is it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Can someone tell me now to cancel future recordings? I can’t find a cancel future recordings when in record options? Where is it?

Thanks
Select MENU > SAVED > SCHEDULED. Fine the program you want to cancel. Then on the right side of the program select the X or hit the D button on the remote. It will then ask "Do you want to cancel this one show or cancel the series"

·
Registered
502 Posts
If there are no upcoming recordings (e.g. the series has been canceled), try elect MENU > SAVED > SCHEDULED > SERIES PRIORITY (you'll see "SERIES PRIORITY") in the row just above your first scheduled recording). Then, just find your series and hit the "D" button

2841 - 2852 of 2852 Posts