AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2852 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The skip ahead function has been removed. The is no correlating button on remote. Whether it can be programmed separately like the 30 sec skip is unknown. We're told no. As far as the reminder function, I have yet to see that option as well.

Left, as far as your guide being clunky, it should not be. Something is wrong signal wise. Without seeing it it's hard to tell. It could be ingress or high transmit. The x1 box is basically a cable modem and needs to have good signal coming to it and going from it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
hello all,

on a very sad note, we got the security services added in and a new router was installed. there netgear router sucked.

no wifi in all rooms no more. we had to spend $75 to get a repeater

·
Registered
104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by proetus  /t/1455102/xfinity-comcast-x1#post_23251691

Left, as far as your guide being clunky, it should not be. Something is wrong signal wise. Without seeing it it's hard to tell. It could be ingress or high transmit. The x1 box is basically a cable modem and needs to have good signal coming to it and going from it.

It's not the signal (the house was rewired about a month before the X1 was set up) but more that with different program lengths the guide appears to move jerkily ... also sometimes when holding down the button to move forward a few days it will start slow and then speed up and overshoot. It does seem to be easier to move the guide when the channel I want is the top channel, but the X1 usually sets it as the 2nd channel. Search has more options, but the results are displayed oddly, especially for sports. So sometimes it's still easier to find programs by channel.

I've found and duplicated one annoying bug with cancelling scheduled recordings before they happen, and having them still record. If I have set up a recording for a few days from now, and I decide I don't want to record it and cancel it, the next day (sometime between 2 am & 8 am) it will return to scheduled recordings as if I didn't cancel it. Only if I cancel a recording on the day it is supposed to record does the cancellation hold. If I have 2 recordings set up for the same time in the future, and decide I want to cancel 1 because I want to record a 3rd recording instead, the next day the first recording will be back on the scheduled programming list and record and the new 3rd program will not be on the list and not record.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Why did this thread die? ;(

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
hello all,

after several software updates & a $75 repeater, the x1 platform is issue free. no issues in may or in june so far.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I had to get an active return drop amp. We had an outage all day yesterday in Houston. No phone, TV, Internet. I had withdrawal.

The X1 keeps resetting resolution to 720P. Very annoying.

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
hello all,

now my remote will not cut off the cable box:mad:

x1 has it's issues. channels change, menus pop up

but no off.

·
Registered
675 Posts
ComcastKara in the forums said they changed the power off on the remote on purpose. Whatever.

You can still turn it off from the box.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The new Send To TV feature works on my DVR. I was surprised, being I'm still on the 5/23/13 firmware.

·
Registered
675 Posts
This is new

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
hello all,

the green ring on / off light is now gone. i was told the x1 box is always on.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Gone from the settings menu? Or literally isn't illuminating from the front of the box?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
duh me,

in my setting I turned off the light in front of box. the remote will not cut off the box!!

·
Registered
675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideoJW  /t/1455102/official-xfinity-x1-stb-thread/30#post_23422399

ComcastKara in the forums said they changed the power off on the remote on purpose. Whatever.

You can still turn it off from the box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had two x1 s installed today....no Comcast installer or customer service person able to explain operation! The x1 does record four programs, but both x1s record the same programs! Not possible to program different programs on the two units. Plus, both units have the program lineup for Central NJ, not my Ny area (Long Hill) lineup! again, no one able to explain......units recognize my town in the weather page. Graphics are excellent.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Comcast X1 Support

(877) 896-8678

Goes straight to a person, no menus

Reactions: Renegade87

·
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast
3,462 Posts
Just got 2 X1 installed in my home. Am I on crazy pills but does this thing actually broadcast in 1080p?

21 - 40 of 2852 Posts