AVS Forum banner

861 - 875 of 875 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the Video Processing on teh AVR set to "Processing" or "Through?" If you enable on screen info, does the AVR display what input video resolution/framerate is coming from the Roku? What kind of video output is the Roku set to? Have you tried plugging the Roku directly into the TV.
The Roku works fine when plugged directly to the TV. When auto-detecting the video quality of the screen, it goes to 1080p.

When the Roku is attached to the receiver, I went to "Option", then "Signal Info", and it lists 1080p for both the HDMI in and HDMI out. When the DirecTV box (the one that work) is selected as the input, it lists 1080i for both the HDMI in and out.

I'm not sure where to find "processing" vs. "through" in the receiver settings. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have an RX-V481 and I’m trying to get Tidal connected via MusicCast. I downloaded the app and connected the receiver to WiFi but the only streaming services listed under Sources are Spotify and Pandora. No Tidal. I know I can use AirPlay and Bluetooth but I wanted to avoid that, for the best audio quality. The Yamaha product page claims I should be able to stream it but I can’t figure it out. I’m guessing it’s not actually supported but wanted to check anyway.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I have an RX-V481 and I’m trying to get Tidal connected via MusicCast. I downloaded the app and connected the receiver to WiFi but the only streaming services listed under Sources are Spotify and Pandora. No Tidal. I know I can use AirPlay and Bluetooth but I wanted to avoid that, for the best audio quality. The Yamaha product page claims I should be able to stream it but I can’t figure it out. I’m guessing it’s not actually supported but wanted to check anyway.
Tidal was added to the RX-v681 by a firmware update but a quick search of the thread doesn't show it was added to the 481. Note on the product page you linked to, it as promised in a firmware update.

https://www.avsforum.com/yamaha-fir...on-hdr-tidal-deezer-streaming-to-select-avrs/

·
Registered
5,224 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Help required please.:confused:

Got the RXV581 hooked up with HDMI to a Yamaha BDS677 bluray/ SACD player. I am playing a multichannel SACD and got the settings right on the player (SACD Bitrate through HDMI). I am using a HDMI cable by Audioquest (Pearl). But my receiver should read DSD on the display right? But it only does read PCM.. Is this normal?

On my Aventage equipment downstairs - also a Yamaha receiver + player, it reads DSD on the display of the receiver. Like it should.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for help.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Help required please.:confused:
Got the RXV581 hooked up with HDMI to a Yamaha BDS677 bluray/ SACD player. I am playing a multichannel SACD and got the settings right on the player (SACD Bitrate through HDMI). I am using a HDMI cable by Audioquest (Pearl). But my receiver should read DSD on the display right? But it only does read PCM.. Is this normal?
On my Aventage equipment downstairs - also a Yamaha receiver + player, it reads DSD on the display of the receiver. Like it should.
What am i doing wrong? Thanks in advance for help.
Answered in the 5810/581 thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yamaha Receiver RX-V381 Troubleshooting Help

Hi everyone, I have a Yamaha RX-V381 that has been working perfectly fine until Friday (3 years). I have a 3.1 system set up, with 2 front speakers (Pioneer - Andrew Jones), a center channel (Pioneer - Andrew Jones) and a subwoofer. Here's the sequence of events so far.

Friday Afternoon: I think the receiver goes into Power Protect mode. I'm not 100% sure about this, since I wasn't there when it happened. My wife says she might have powered it on a few times in succession since she thought she powered it on, turned away, then it was off so she powered it back on. She doesn't know exactly how many times this happened.

I disconnect all the speaker wires and HDMI cables, but I can't get the receiver to power on at all. Eventually, I hold Tone Control + Info, then Power on to get the receiver to power on. However, the receiver will immediately shut down after this. I leave it alone in case it's still overheated or something. I did open up the receiver to see if I could see any obvious blown fuses or anything, but I didn't see anything. The next day, I try again but the same thing still happens. Eventually, I hold Tone Control + Info + Power for ~20-30 seconds, and now the receiver stays on. I reconnect each cable one by one, and nothing seems to be causing issues. However, after everything is connected, I get no sound from my speakers.

I disconnected and reconnect everything again, swap the Front left and Front right speaks, and double check to make sure no cables are frayed and loose ends are sticking out. Reconnect everything but I still get no sound from my speakers. Eventually, I get the bright idea to turn up the volume on the receiver. Normally, it is set to around -40 to -45 dB. I turn it up to -3.0 dB, and I can finally hear something. The sound is mainly coming from the center speaker (dialogue).

However, I noticed the sound in my Front Left and Front Right speakers is still really low, and they have a buzzing sound at this volume setting. I try to use the YPAO setup with the provided microphone to set up the speakers again, but it cannot even pass the first pre-test for the first speaker (Front Left). When I try, I get the following error message: "E-1:No Front SP (E-1:NO FRNT SP)". The increasing sounds does come out of the Front Left when it the pre-test starts, but the microphone doesn't seem to be able to pick it up. When I first set up the speakers, I forget how loud the pre-test was, so I have no point of reference. I try swapping the speakers to test the right one first, but I still get the same error.

I also try placing the microphone right next to the speaker, and of course this passes the pre-test for the Front Left speaker. However, I obviously don't want the microphone there as it will probably mess up my settings. Also, I noticed the Display on the receiver doesn't show the same message as before. Before this happened, when I watched Roku, the Display will show "Roku". Now the Display shows "Standard". Also, in the Signal Info part of the options, the "Format" shows "PCM" while the Channel shows "2/0/---". I don't know what it showed previously, but this definitely doesn't seem right. When I was playing around with the TV source (changing the sound source from TV to Receiver), the "Format" briefly changed to something with "DTS or Dolby", while the channel changed to something with "2/1/0.1". I couldn't document the exact change, since it only happened once for a split second before it changed back to "PCM" and "2/0/---", and now I can't replicate it. I've also tried a doing a Factory reset, but the same error message is still there when I try to run the YPAO setup. However, the receiver now displays "Roku" instead of "Standard", so I have that going for me. I've also tried swapping the Front Left and Front Right speakers for the YPAO test, but that doesn't work as well.

Does anyone know what is going on or have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

TLDR: Receiver probably went into Power Protect mode. I get it out of Power Protect mode, but now the volume for the speakers is extremely low. Cables have all been checked multiple times, front speakers have been swapped with each other, factory reset has been performed. The previous -43.0 dB is probably equivalent to 0.0dB. Performing the YPAO setup fails and cannot complete, what do I do?

·
Registered
214 Posts
yamaha 681 pass thru

Having a weird issue... I have my roku ultra 4640 plugged into my 681 with video pass thru. I recently tried to use iheart radio app on my roku but turned the 2017 q7 samsung off after getting it all running. Soon after I started getting sound stutters as if a sync issue or something.

If I turn off video pass thru it plays the sound w/o any issue. I just don't like wasting my tv power for no reason to listen to radio and no this tv doesn't have a screen off capability. Any suggestions because I hate turning off pass thru since I most likely will forget to turn it back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, does the RX-V481 support Dolby Vision? My TCL shows the Dolby Vision logo whenever I watch something with that format on Disney Plus and Netflix?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just received fw 2.85 for my 681. I can’t find a changelog anywhere. Do any of you know what’s updated?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got a reply from Yamaha Sweden. You have to excuse my translation though. :)

Translated:
Code:
The major points in the update refers to streaming services:
- Support for Spotify free accounts
- Support for Spotify Podcas playback
- Improved support for Tidal
- Improved net radio function (airable)
- Other bug fixes
Original:
Code:
De främsta nyheterna i uppdateringen rör streaming-tjänster:
- Stöd för Spotify Free-konton
- Stöd för Spotify Podcasts-uppspelning
- Förbättrat stöd för Tidal
- Förbättrad net radio-funktion (airable)
- Övriga buggfixar

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just registered to make this known in a relevant place.

The new v2.85 firmware BREAKS Spotify connect.
I updated my rx-v481 to v2.85 and lost the ability control the volume for Spotify connect, also the Spotify tv output does not show any track info or album art. The track info is only shown on the tiny receiver display.

Luckily I could downgrade to v2.65 over usb and everything is back to normal, if you use Spotify connect you should downgrade to v2.65.

861 - 875 of 875 Posts