Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm finally at my final step (or close to it) of the new projector install... mounting the projector to the ceiling mount... and this whole thing with screen height, mount height and offset has me completely confused... I've been searching all the forums but I still can't make any sense of it... So if anyone can help me out, I'd GREATLY appreciate it...

Here's the vital info:

PT-AE700

96" Screen (viewing area measures approx 47" tall)

8' tall ceiling in the room

Top of screen (viewing area, not frame) is approx 14 1/2" from ceiling

Bottom of screen (again viewing area) is approx 34" from floor

Projector ceiling mount is approx 15' from screen (give or take an inch or two)

OK - given that above information, how do I figure out the correct height for this projector?? Is there an offset for this projector (center of lense to top of screen) - or - because it has the lense shift, the offset is out the window so to speak - not a constant??

I'd LIKE to do a flush mount - which would be only about 2 ~ 5" off the ceiling... w/ the extender bar added, it's like 9 ~ 12" off the ceiling...

I would assume the flush mount is *possible* because I could use the mount's tilt and the projector's lense shift to compensate and fit the screen...

BUT - I'm trying to find out if I can do the flush mount and be able to avoid lense shift to the point that it would affect pic quality, and keystoning due to mount tilt...

My understanding is that this is where the projector's 'offset' comes into play.. but for the life of me, I'm just missing something...

Again - any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks folks!! :confused:

·
Registered
66 Posts
The AE700 has no standard "offset". If the lens shift is centered, the center of the projected image will be in line with the center of the lens.

From your description, it sounds as though you'll be very close to the maximum lens shift. I wouldn't worry about this, I don't see any deterioration in PQ when I approach max shift although I'm using less than you plan.

Avoid tilting the projector. This will require using the keystoning adjustment which will adversely affect PQ.

Tom

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK - so - the lens shift doesn't affect the pq quality, but the tilting (and then keystone adjustment) WOULD affect the pq quality - is that correct??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.