AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an eliptical dish on my house that is very noticable from the street. I would like to paint a suitable brick pattern on the dish to have it blend in to the house color....

Any comments if this will ruin the sensitivity of the dish?

Thanks

· Registered
6,557 Posts
Use thing spray paint layers? I've seen painted DBS dishes before. Heck if you ever watch a Nascar Race, there is a DBS dish in each pit. Each one is painted to match the Team's colors.

· Registered
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Edwards
I have an eliptical dish on my house that is very noticable from the street. I would like to paint a suitable brick pattern on the dish to have it blend in to the house color....

Any comments if this will ruin the sensitivity of the dish?

Thanks
I painted my round dish green to blend in with the bushes. No signal loss.

Gary

· Premium Member
4,316 Posts
I can't see how any paint would hurt on the *dish*. The only way-out thing would be a metallic paint that would affect the reflection (so don't use glitter paint! :) ).

There is no 'sensitivity' to a dish, it's a dish: a piece of curved metal (sometimes plastic). The LNBs feeds, of course, should never be coated with anything that could reduce signal transmission (through the plastic, not 'radio transmission').

(BTW, a better place for this question would have been in the DBS forum... :) )

· Registered
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by leesweet
I can't see how any paint would hurt on the *dish*. The only way-out thing would be a metallic paint that would affect the reflection (so don't use glitter paint! :) ).
Radar absorbant paint ( as used on the F117A stealth fighter, according to a Discovery-Wings ) will probably be not be a good idea too. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.