1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look to this location for an important update on the Control Spray Plus:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post17018927

Ok AVS People!

No matter what your flavor DIY Mix, spraying it can be an exercise in delightful results.

The Wagner Control Spray Double Duty is a recent upgrade to the older model...with improved air flow, reduced over spray (...already ultra low...) quieter, and being sold at most Home Depot s for just $70.00.

Oh but wait...it gets so much 'mo bedder'

The location linked to below is offering the substantially upgraded model, the Control Spray Plus, for just $18.50 more ($88.50 vs $149.95
)

This model can paint your screen...or your house. A true workhorse that needs no justification for expending the money for. It's ultra quiet, and has a 20' hose. Take it from me...that's a way cool consideration.

Follow the link below for a complete detailed description. I just placed my order....honest...and this unit will be featured very soon in my next projects and my upcoming Empirical testing & Review thread.

http://www.gleempaint.com/wagner-con...pray-plus.html

You snooze....you lose on this one.

I gotta say it. I'm tickled to no end. This unit is not as unholy powerful as the one a brought out in the "The Official OMG, a Wagner Dual Turbine" thread
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...773&highlight=

........but it's also not almost $350.00 (AU) either.

At $88.50, it's a "buy one now or don't whine later" kinda thing. I mean....Really !!!

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku14139268520 /forum/post/16983327

Awww snap, talk about a deal! (Where's my money when I need it?) *Retreats to a dark corner to weep*

Look around for deals on pre-loved Wagner CS units. I predict there will be some available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Picked up my CS Double Duty this morning from Lowes for $55. HD's price in store is $70 for the DD, online is $61.20, and then Lowes beats that by 10%, NOT 10% of the difference like most stores! So $55 + tax at Lowes, but that's if you want the jr model I guess since this thread is for the bigger boy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Recall on Wagner Control Spray Plus

The on-off switch may be dislodged from the case when the motor housing is dropped, exposing electrical connections. A person may receive an electrical shock if they contact the exposed connections while the product is plugged into an electrical outlet.

Description: This is Wagner Control Spray Plus 0414248

Sold at: Major and independent retailers nationwide from July 1, 2007 through January 21st 2009 (Date codes Y182R thru Y365R – Z001R thru Z365R A021R)

Consumer should immediately unplug and stop using the sprayers and contact Wagner for repair.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Wagner 1-888-925-6244 between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm CST Monday through Friday.

See www wagnerspraytech com/portal/control_spray_plus_recall_spray.html

I hope that GleemPaint is not trying to unload these quickly since they know there is a recall on the ones they have.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlipter /forum/post/16989490

http://www.gleempaint.com/ch-hv1001-hvlp-system.html

Campbell Hausfeld HV1001 HVLP System $80.00

I like that one too...it has a Brass Needle and nozzle. But two important things to consider.
  1. It requires a Wrench to disassemble / reassemble after cleaning
  2. It isn't listed for use "Inside the House" and probably....most likely, produces more overspray than the Wagner CS-DD and CS+

Next thing ya know we'll need a "DIY Spray Ur Screen" Painters Forum so we can review the various Spray Guns.

Not!

Pertaining to the Wagner CS+ Recall notice above;

(That notice and this reply previously posted elsewhere)

According the Notice, it applies to units sold through January 2009. That expired almost 8 full months ago. It is possible that a Resellers like Gleems might have purchased a "Seconds" stock and that explains the lower price....but it will only take a moment's comparison of the model # to ascertain that.

I'm not sure that you could check the Products pertinent info before receiving it...but I'm calling Gleempaint myself to follow up because if it's going to be recommended/suggested to a widely diverse group like DIY'ers, we don't want anybody to get a permanent Permanent

Important Note Below:

Don't drop the Turbine Motor Unit.
Apparently it has little "bounce" factor.

Post note; A call to Gleampaint to get conformation that the current inventory was post-mfg'd the date of the recall was unsuccessful as they closed 3 minutes (4pm) before my call.
Left a message. Since they are a Mississippi Co. we can expect a prompt reply. Right?

Called Wagner too. Got shuffled to the appropriate Dept. Head. Not available. Left message. Called back to check if someone else could answer a single pointed question. They were closed. (4:30pm)

But I'll get a call from them 1st thing tomorrow? Right?

As for Gleam trying to dump units that are subject to a recall...I seriously doubt it for they are a reputable Supply House, and they would be expected to be aware of a Recall that is over 1 year old. There is a liability issue in that case as well.

Oh my.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregt93 /forum/post/16986465

Picked up my CS Double Duty this morning from Lowes for $55. HD's price in store is $70 for the DD, online is $61.20, and then Lowes beats that by 10%, NOT 10% of the difference like most stores! So $55 + tax at Lowes, but that's if you want the jr model I guess since this thread is for the bigger boy.

Did you have to bring in an add or print something to get them to match that price, or were they able to look it up online in the store?

·
Registered
10 Posts
xlr231:

It would have been much better/faster for me to print out the HD online price but I didn't. They were able to get the price but took them about 10 minutes of phone calls to various HD numbers since the HD store could only tell them the in store price. Highly recommend printing out the online price to show them and hopefully make it a quicker/easier transaction.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Previously posted on another thread.

Just got the word from Wagner Central.

Most all the bad inventory has been recalled from Stores and E'tailers, who were offered full credit for stock, and compensated fully for Freight to and from Wagner. So it was / would have been pretty dumb to incur liability for selling a product that had a "months old" known Recall hanging over it.

Of course some degree "dumbness" hasn't been absent from such Sellers before, so here's how ya tell fer certain;

All product Mfg after the defective units were sent out have a large GREEN sticker on the Bottom of the Box. If it has a Green sticker on the Box...it's good to go.

If you get a CS+ and there is no Sticker, a quick call to Wagner will get you a UPS Call Tag for PU at your Home, and they will either make the repair/fix or replace the unit out of hand, and ship it back @ N/C

BTW, they said if the Turbine unit has not been dropped and the Switch assembly is intact, there is no real risk...however they still suggest it be returned as soon as possible for the Fix.

As for the one I ordered from GleemPaint...my Wife just this moment brought my new Boxed unit to me...and Lo & Behold....it has a nice, pretty Green Dot right there on the Box.

So GleemPaint is obviously doing everyone right.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr231 /forum/post/16990396

Did you have to bring in an add or print something to get them to match that price, or were they able to look it up online in the store?

Will Lowes take 10% off the HD online price??? their policy is local in stock only... do they make an exception because it is HD, or is it a store-by-store thing where you have to get lucky? Seems bringing a printout may actually hurt for online only specials?

·
Registered
255 Posts
They didn't for me, but I didn't bring a printout. I ended up getting it for $68, they didn't take the 10% off either.

I told them they had it on sale for $61 online and the normal price was $68. They said they had to call HD to confirm the price. When they called they were like "I need to check the price on something.... It's a paint sprayer, uh a Wagner... ... a double duty...." It was pretty obvious they weren't a customer, so HD says they would find out the price and call back. Then the Lowes CS person says, "this is Lowes by the way" So big surprise they never called back with price. After waiting 10 minutes it was about 8 minutes to close so they said they would give it to me for $68.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr231 /forum/post/16999856

They didn't for me, but I didn't bring a printout. I ended up getting it for $68, they didn't take the 10% off either.

I told them they had it on sale for $61 online and the normal price was $68. They said they had to call HD to confirm the price. When they called they were like "I need to check the price on something.... It's a paint sprayer, uh a Wagner... ... a double duty...." It was pretty obvious they weren't a customer, so HD says they would find out the price and call back. Then the Lowes CS person says, "this is Lowes by the way" So big surprise they never called back with price. After waiting 10 minutes it was about 8 minutes to close so they said they would give it to me for $68.

I've never understood this mentality... if the CEO were the one taking that call at home depot from a competitor confirming for a price match, he'd say they were selling them for $2!

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisch /forum/post/17002332

Is this sprayer for use with latex paints only, or can it spray lacquers as well?

Actually, the Wagner Control Spray HVLP line was originally designed for use with lacquers and stains....and other very thin materials. Layex Acrylics need to be substantially thinned to flow freely enough to atomize.

The "Double Duty" and the "Plus" both have increase air flow, making the drawing up and expulsion of thicker materials more readily possible. However thinning is still important to be able to achieve extremely fine, smooth surfaces.

Being primarily made of plastic, clean up cannot involve petroleum solvents. Water based materials are best used with these guns, so a water/soap rinse will flush away deposits. (...do this asap after use...) Varnish and Lacquers can usually rinse out easily enough if the cleaning takes place immediately after use. Stains are another thing altogether.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up guys! I just price-matched the CS Double Duty at Lowes for the price of 55$.

Comes at a great time too, when I am painting the media room and the screen. Now if only I can decide what color to paint the ceiling- black or gray or brown!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.