AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my two nephews were playing cod4. they started fighting each other (you know how kids are). my lil sister got mad and turned it off and unplugged the console. i was not there when this happened by the way.

after a while she tried to turn it back on and she said there were 3 red flashing lights while the green light in the middle was on.

after that she tried to turn it on again and nothing happens. no lights, nothing. on the controller though, the green light flashes on and off.

i got a little upset with my sister, she should have just turned it off, not unplugged it. though i dont see how that could cause the problem.

is this the red lights of death thing?

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried that still no luck. also, i just found out she unplugged it while they were playing the game. so she did not turn it off properly, then unplug it. the game is stuck inside. do you think the game is ruined?

that little wench is grounded

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
good. The 3 lights usually is the signal for the "big" failure, but will also show up if there if power is cut accidentally or there is a momentary AC voltage dip.

Unplugging the cord from the wall is bad, but not as bad as pulling the plug from the back of the console. The cord going from the power brick to the console is VERY high amperage and could really damage something if pulled while the console is on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.