AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just Installed the Dvico Fusion card yesterday. After fiddeling with antenna location and antenna selection, I finally found a 90+ signal for 99% of the available signals in my area.... BUT....

I have a Gforce 4 Ti4200 card.. it plays well for a few seconds than skips, etc.. over and over.

I thought, when reading Dvico's requirmenst I may have met them ven with the Ti based card.

AMD XP 2200+

Asus A7N8X MB

1GB DDR 400 ram in Dual channel mode

It seems most users here, do have a Radeon based card. What, for the most part have Ti based card users experienced?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
In the Fusion demo, the DXVA helps greatly on my radeon 9000. It's smoother and the quality is higher than the software decoder. That said, in this PC (athlon 1900 with geforce 2), playback is fine using the video decoder (software). Image quality is better on my htpc though (duron 1.2+radeon9000 with DXVA).

So at least you should be getting smooth playback. What drivers are you using for the gf4?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jesse,

I'm using 43.45 nvidia drivers on XP sp1.

The video playback on the demo was great, no skips, etc. to speak of.

The video I've recorded plays back a bit slower than it came in, but still has it's bumps.

One possibility I just though of and haven't tried yet is, My Video Card has TV in/out and it is enabled. I'm curious if it's dedicating a portion of it memory and processing power to that?

Thanks for the response

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.