AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this unit six months. I checked it very closely when I got it and there were no stuck-on pixels. I just noticed 6. All of them except 2 are of minimal brightness you can't see beyond 2ft. The other two can be seen beyond 2 ft.

I checked this by turning to an input with no source attached.

At first, I just thought there was a drop of moisture on the panel....aaaah.

Hope it doesn't get any worse! Anyone know Sharp's policy on this kind of thing?

·
Registered
130 Posts
that sux! :eek:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Did you ever get an answer from Sharp??????

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Yes. From the manual:

"• The Liquid Crystal panel is a very high technology product with 3,147,264 thin film transistors, giving you fine picture details.

Occasionally, a few non-active pixels may appear on the screen as a fixed point of blue, green or red. Please note that this does not affect the performance of your product."

IOW, this is not a problem.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraCL
Yes. From the manual:

"• The Liquid Crystal panel is a very high technology product with 3,147,264 thin film transistors, giving you fine picture details.

Occasionally, a few non-active pixels may appear on the screen as a fixed point of blue, green or red. Please note that this does not affect the performance of your product."

IOW, this is not a problem.
Well, Mr. Helper, actually, it is a problem. Just not one they're will to do anything about.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Where did you buy it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike53
Where did you buy it?
One Call [no retail links please]

It's not really a problem. My concern was that pixels had started to die after 6 months and it was going to get worse and worse, but they may have been there from the start. I checked it when I got it, but I don't recall doing it with no signal (black screen) which is why I may have missed them at that point.

There's only two you can see in daylight (if you know where to look) and, once you back up 4-5 feet, you can't seem them any more, so no big deal.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Thats not good at all. My lap top has one stuck purple pixel right in the middle of it and it DRIVES me NUTS :( I can not imagine a TV doing the same thing. Has anyone else has any issues with the pixels on the Sharp products? I'm in the market for an LCD, and do not want to run into that problem. Its frustrating since most manufactures only cover it against pixels in the middle or at least 6-8 of them to be lit, stuck, or dead. Since you have purchased past 6 months it sounds like its on the manufactures at this point. Best of luck and I hope all goes well. sorry to hear on the pixels going bad.

Regards,

Cambryn

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Stuck ones are going to be much more noticeable in camera LCDs, camcorder, PDA, laptop, etc. The screen is inches from your face.

With tvs at 8 ft. or more, you will often never be able to see stuck pixels.

I have a cluster of 4 on my RP-LCD, very visible at 12 ft, I suspect the mf'r will replace the light engine but I'm not in a great rush to have it done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.