AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home last night from work, and my wife tells me my UTV isn't working. I go upstairs to check and I've got the "Cannot connect to WebTV to look for upgrade" screen up.

I check my phone jack - it's dead. No problem, a wire probably pulled out - head over to my wiring closet and re-punch down the jack. That was it - the jack works now.

However, I start up my UTV - this time it connects to the 888 number, then discos and connects to my local number. Then - plip! Goes to an error screen: "Your internet terminal needs repair" and a Sony 800 number for support (which, of course, is busy all the time).

I unplug the box and plug it back in again - this time, the power light just keeps flashing (and about once every five minutes, the "connect" and "new shows" light blinks with it once for variety). Unplug the box, plug it back in - starts the same behavior as before with the "Your internet terminal needs repair" message.

I zip over here to the forum and find out this error pops up all the time for people upgrading their hard drives. I didn't touch the box, WHY ME??? Could this have something to do with the new upgrade coupled with my phone jack going out? Could it have something to do with the fact I've got the "#3" DirecTV cards instead of the #4 cards?

ARRRGGGHH!!! The last 5 episodes of Farscape were on that box as yet unwatched!!! Noooooooo!!!!!

--KS

·
Registered
348 Posts
You may want to post this in the UTV forum. That is if you are looking for an answer to your problem.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had this EXACT same problem with my new 5060. Dammit, more bugs.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I finally got through to Sony, although that 1-888-772-7669 number does nothing but ring busy constantly - instead, I had to go to 1-800-222-7669 and wade through the voicemail (they don't say anything as helpfully obvious as "Ultimate TV"; instead, I went down the "WebTV" rabbit trail).

Looks like a hardware failure and they're giving me an RMA for repair...three guesses as to whether I've lost Farscape forever...

@$%!!! I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum (I have a ReplayTV as well) - anybody know how to get the moderator to move it over to the right one?

--KS

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
What's wrong with the copy/paste functions on your pc? After you're done do an edit/delete post here.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BaysideBas
What's wrong with the copy/paste functions on your pc? After you're done do an edit/delete post here.
That would probobly make far too much sense :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.