Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Seems I've started having some problems tonight with my ReplayTV 5160. Everything was going well through this morning. (in fact last night i posted a 5 star review on Amazon).

Last night I set up both the Replay and my router to allow for internet sharing. I posted a request on Planetreplay for a test clip, received two. Set both to "accept" and left for the day.

Came back tonight and found both had downloaded. A third was in my "receive" Zone which I tried to delete. Things started slowing down there.

Since this time, I cannot get into my Replay Guide. I've done several soft and hard boots of the system. Also one point was able to get into my menu and changed the IP address back to 'automatic' like it was before last night. Once I hit "Replay Guide" no menu comes up but the live TV continues and starts to stutter.

Any suggestions? I'm using a Netgear MR314 router, and again I don't know if it was a coincidence but after setting up and receiving some test sharing clips something has gone astray.

Please let me know what you think my next step would be. Thanks.

-Jody

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hmm, sounds like something got corrupted. Sometimes people here have mentioned this can happen if the unit is full.

First, try leaving the unit unplugged for ten minutes (kind of sounds like you did this, but just to be sure). If that doesn't solve the problem, i would then try to clear the channel guide twice from the 243 zones screen (press 243 then the Zones button while on live tv or the default replay startup screen), then do a net connect from that same screen.

Next, if you can get into the Replay Guide, try deleting some shows to free up space. One or two should be fine.

The last option would be to perform a factory reset (382 Zones). From live tv or the default replay startup screen, press 382 then press the Zones key. Then follow the prompts for doing a factory reset.

Unfortunately that will completely wipe your drive, so you'll lose all your shows. So that's the last option for you.

I sincerely doubt that this has anything to do with your network setup or the shows you downloaded.

If none of this works, it might be that your drive has some bad sectors on it, in which case you can call Replay for an RMA unless you want to try and fix it yourself by pulling the drive out and performing a low level format, then reimaging it. But if it's within warranty, I'd suggest RMA.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I'm in the process of clearing the channel guides as we speak.

I seriously doubt that this is a space issue considering I had approximately 60 hours free in Medium mode left. Strange.

Oh well I guess if this and the factory default settings doesn't work then I'll be calling for a RMA. Don't want to void the warrenty.

-Jody

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it seems that resetting to the factory defaults and going through the setup methods worked.

That said, what is the chance that this will happen again next week and I'm going to lose all my saved shows again?

Let me know if anyone has a feeling on this. Thanks.

-Jody

PS: anyone have some idea if 5.0 will help solve some of these issues also?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Jody, I should have told you to copy the files to your computer using DVArchive first. That way you wouldn't have lost your shows. It was late last night, and I wasn't thinking clearly. Sorry.

DVArchive is a great program, that would have stored your shows on your computer and allowed you to stream them back to your Replay. Search the forums here for DVArchive to see more info on it. Definitely a must have program if you have your Replay on a home network.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I have installed DVArchive. When I was having this problem with the unit DVArchive couldn't see the ReplayTV nor any of the programs I had saved on it.

-Jody

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.