AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 891 Posts

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$1599 pre-order pricing. Jeff claims within 2 dB of Cap2400. :eek:

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Yep, if only I was in the market or had the need for more output. My Rythmik's already beat me up, so I can only imagine what Captivator's would do to me. :)

·
Registered
10,221 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Looks like these Ice Amps seems to be selling like Hot Cakes and are helping in cutting the prices down in subs. I cant wait to see some measurements to see how clean and well they perform this summer by Ricci. As far as I know, he hasnt tested any yet since these are new correct?

Reactions: gkf15

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Could always get this

http://reaction-audio.myshopify.com/collections/subwoofers/products/echo-18?variant=1107637857

and save a few dollars.

At $1599 plus shipping it seems the Cap140 is still a good deal but at $1999 plus shipping the Echo 18 is the better deal. Both need to be tested to be sure though.
I assume you meant to type $1399 instead of $1999. The cap has a 1450 watt amp vs 925. The xmax is 30 mm for the cap. Can't find it for the reaction. I'm guessing the cap uses a better driver. Not sure if the savings is worth it.

EDIT: The reaction has 3" peak to peak excursion. How did I miss it?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Looks like these Ice Amps seems to be selling like Hot Cakes and are helping in cutting the prices down in subs. I cant wait to see some measurements to see how clean and well they perform this summer by Ricci. As far as I know, he hasnt tested any yet since these are new correct?
No he hasn't tested any of these yet.

I see these as more of a replacement for the bash/ other none high end speaker power amps. Essentially helping the mid market and giving people another reason to buy an ID sub.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I assume you meant to type $1399 instead of $1999. The cap has a 1450 watt amp vs 925. The xmax is 30 mm for the cap. Can't find it for the reaction. I'm guessing the cap uses a better driver. Not sure if the savings is worth it.

Is this the same driver that's in the Cap 2400???

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
No he hasn't tested any of these yet.

I see these as more of a replacement for the bash/ other none high end speaker power amps. Essentially helping the mid market and giving people another reason to buy an ID sub.
Unless I misread it on JTR forum, the 1400 is replacing the 2400. And its not an addition. So he would be replacing the ICE amp with his high powered amp. Maybe he sees more profiet as there would be more sales.

(QUOTE FROM MEMBER) So is the Cap2400 going to be replaced with the 1400?

(QUOTE FROM JEFF): Yes, we had to change the drivers impedance and switch to a dual voice coil to optimize for this new amplifier.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

Actually, the Captivator 1400 is using two of the new 700 watt modulars (rated 925 watts by others) for a total of 1400 watts (rated 1850 watts by others).

The Captivator 1400 is using the same driver as the 2400 but optimized for the new amplifier. Our 18" features 30mm linear travel each way (Xmax), 3.75" peak to peak mechanical travel (Xmech), 60 lbs motor structure and an extremely high motor strength of 256 (bl^2/re).

When comparing drivers and amplifiers make sure you comparing the same numbers. The difference between Xmax and Xmech is huge.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Actually, the Captivator 1400 is using two of the new 700 watt modulars (rated 925 watts by others) for a total of 1400 watts (rated 1850 watts by others).

The Captivator 1400 is using the same driver as the 2400 but optimized for the new amplifier. Our 18" features 30mm linear travel each way (Xmax), 3.75" peak to peak mechanical travel (Xmech), 60 lbs motor structure and an extremely high motor strength of 256 (bl^2/re).
Thanks. Sounds like a good product.

When comparing drivers and amplifiers make sure you comparing the same numbers. The difference between Xmax and Xmech is a huge.
Will do.

Now, if I can come up with something to tell the wife.

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
If I had to guess the Captivator 1400 is going to be a step above the Echo 18. Both will be home runs at their price points. Jeff is going to get busy I suspect because it seems like subs under 2000.00 tend to sell better...1599.00 pre order pricing will fill fast. If I was in the market for new subs and had a dedicated theater, 4 of these bad boys would be on order in a heart beat.

1 - 20 of 891 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.