AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
JVC Z1, SI PW 150", MX160, M.L. 535H, Meridian 559, 2 x Sherbourne 2-160, REVEL Studio2,Gem2,Voice2
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being as my other thread is no longer active I thought I'd do another final one before I order a screen in the next day or so. To re-summarize the room and viewing details for my weekender (w/ room photos this time): Sony VPL-VW50 at min. throw distance on a 92". The room is timber/half timber walls, half off-white painted drywall, night-time viewing only. Pearl will be supported by a shelf off central cross beam.

The available Da-lite option is the model B deluxe w/tensioner in High Contrast Matte White(1.1 gain). It is very reasonably priced. Pure Matte White is not in stock. Brands like Carada, Draper, and Optoma are not available options. Vutec is available, but no less expensive than the Da-lite. The other main option which is more expensive, by a factor of $300, is a Screen Technics which come in a single standard 1.1 gain white material. Stewart is definitely out of the price range for this application.

So failing any great revelations I am set to order the Da-lite tomorrow.

rooms pics:

side view

view to back:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too am in the market for an inexpensive 92" screen so I thought I would mention another one that I am looking which is the Optoma Panoview Geywolf II which I have found for less than $200 shipped from two places. I would post the places, but am not sure if it is allowed, so PM me if you would like to know.

·
Premium Member
JVC Z1, SI PW 150", MX160, M.L. 535H, Meridian 559, 2 x Sherbourne 2-160, REVEL Studio2,Gem2,Voice2
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf2 /forum/post/0

I too am in the market for an inexpensive 92" screen so I thought I would mention another one that I am looking which is the Optoma Panoview Geywolf II which I have found for less than $200 shipped from two places. I would post the places, but am not sure if it is allowed, so PM me if you would like to know.

Thanks, by my concern there would be I need by the end of next week and it sounds like the equivelent of a non-tensioned Da-lite, which I've had before in 110" and hated the ripples. Also, I am definitely not interested in a grey screen for this app.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT /forum/post/0

Thanks, by my concern there would be I need by the end of next week and it sounds like the equivelent of a non-tensioned Da-lite, which I've had before in 110" and hated the ripples. Also, I am definitely not interested in a grey screen for this app.

You may want to check out Monoprice screens as well at www.monoprice.com . None are tensioned, but they offer Matt White screens with 1.0 gain at Rock Bottom prices.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkriege /forum/post/0

You may want to check out Monoprice screens as well at www.monoprice.com . None are tensioned, but they offer Matt White screens with 1.0 gain at Rock Bottom prices.

Hi and thanks for the tip. But as I mentioned, I can't tolerate non-tensioned screens these days, even in a lower use application. Also, looking at the fact the Da-lite is only $300 and probably the cheapest screen I will have ever bought, next to my previous Da-lite 110", my Firehawk, and even my portable Da-lite insta-theater 70", I'm not really going to scrimp that much for a screen. My only concern was going above $1000 for this application.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The Pearl wants, needs and deserves a white screen. I had the Graywolf and replaced it with a Da-lite high power (Model C).

Stay with white for the Pearl

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanesq /forum/post/0

The Pearl wants, needs and deserves a white screen. I had the Graywolf and replaced it with a Da-lite high power (Model C).

Stay with white for the Pearl

Yep, definitely staying with white despite some people trying to offer me otherwise. Proof enough for me was when I checked it myself last weekend with the Da-lite insta-theatre 73", white wide power screen, with a 2.2 gain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.