AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this last night in the "Sony blinking 7 times thread" but I realy need input now as I have a feeling my KV32HS420 is on it's way out.

The reason I am posting this here is that it seems like the most logical place to do it, as the picture on these beasts is realy quite good, and while I was looking years ago as to what was comparable, I was not overly impressed, so I bought this when it was two years old for a good price [ 300$].

What I need to know is, what would you buy NOW, if you had to move on? [ can't go for another one of these as the weight is too big of a factor for me, couldn't get anyone to move it, ended up paying 2 guys, and they had issues]

Any and all input most appreciated!

Gotta start doing my homework.

PS My tv runs alot, that is why I bought this crt, thinking it would last...............

thanks!

·
Registered
23,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaddicted /forum/post/20820541

Gotta start doing my homework.

That's the fact. If you cannot repair yourself or can't justify paying for a repair or don't want a big/heavy CRT... look for a new(er) TV.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If I had to move on of my CRT monitors, well, I'd get a plasma TV, any Panasonic would do. Of course, I'd lose tons of picture quality and all, but it would be the closest to my XP37 Xtra, and the one tech I think can last the longest, since the phospors can be perfected as good as CRT's was at the end of the 90s. I will never get an LCD, however cheap the cost is, even a LED LCD.

I'll keep mine until the tube wears out, which will probably take a good 15 years.

And get paid back for those transport guys. 2 guys who get paid to and have problems lifting a small 32" TV should work somewhere else.
Its only 165 lbs, which while heavy for one, is pretty easy for 2. 250-260lbs (37") is a whole difference and even that aint that bad, having moved mine a couple times.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, these sony's realy had no good way to move them [ ie grips or slots to hold onto] making them very difficult to transport. I was just glad at the time I had these guys to get it moved and over with!

Ok, did more reading here and seems the plasma's are comming in second, but do I go for a smaller size like 42? [ smaller size= better resolution?] Does that theory still hold water? I have a viewing distance of about 10 to 12 feet [ approximate]

thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd say consider that all sets have 1080p panels, so a bigger set will have larger pixels since the resolution is the same. So yeah, in some cases a smaller set will have a better pic, but its not that big a difference at 12 feet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.