Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...

Because we have this great home theater community here, I think it is about time we had some Logowear for our members to wear. So we need your help.

Please be so kind to submit some artwork that we may choose to use as part of the logowear shop on products. The product would be items like t-shirts, coffee mugs, sweatshirts, hats, etc. Full fronts and backs of shirts can be done.

With some of the art, we will then produce the store with some of the artwork and open it up to the members. This funds will help to support the site not the mention the community we have here.

So...Please help out if you can. Here are the size spec for the images needed based on the product it will be put on. Mostly shirts, hats, etc we will make and of course coffee mugs. Specs More info on the best images can be found here complete with templates if needed... More Info

We will be using CafePress.com for this service and will only mark up the items a few dollars over cost for we rather have the members with the logowear then to make money on it.

One last thing, because this is for the site and it's members, the words "AVS Forum" must be on the artwork. :)

Please attach entries here in this thread and if selected, I will need the hi-rez version sent to me via e-mail.

This could be fun!!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
What color schemes will be used with the T-Shirts? Just Ash Grey (as on link), or will there be white, black, and other colors also?

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shirts will be white and ash gray for the sweatshirts. Mugs will also be white. The process that is used for the printing more or less can show though the color of the object being printed on. Thus anything white in the design, will show the objects color.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, but we will be using the company mentioned.

·
Registered
146 Posts
How nuts do you want these to go? I can make some gradients and fades that I'm not sure they can print.

You want NEW logos or just twists on the current one?

Some simple new stuff using the existing 3 colors...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
David you look like a big guy, are you guys going to do some in big and tall sizes. Like a 2 and 3 tall. Can we order them that way Redhouse .

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so far guys. We would like to keep the look of the logo and not just make a new one because people already know us.

Remember, think also sayings for T-Shirts or mugs. Like.... "I learned to measure mine in feet, not inches." One the back...."Screens that is. AVS FORUM.COM". Think of what you could come up with for images for fun things.

Like... "I learned that DLP does not stat for Dumb Light Projector" with some DLP chip or something.

Oh...."Learn before you spend....AVSForum.com"

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Here's a few.. Redhouse

"Home Theater... It's more then just a hobby"

" When perfection is all that you settle for"

" Got Projection?"

"My screen is bigger than yours"

" Nothing like an 8ft. screen that makes your friends bring the beer"

"AVS Forum...where the technology nuts hang out"

"Yea, I have an 8 ft. screen.....my wife likes 'em big"

"She gave me a choice, her or the Theater..... Popcorn anyone?"

·
Registered
820 Posts
Here is another design...much more like the original logo, however this will look much better on white and grey shirts...

·
Registered
196 Posts
A T-shirt idea.

On the front have a small picture of a old black and white portable TV with rabbit ears with the caption "before AVSforum". On the back, a picture of a sweet home theater (big screen or projection with some cool looking speakers) as big as possible with the caption "after AVSforum". And at the bottom "check it out at www.avsforum.com "

"Chicks Dig Front Projectors"

·
Registered
159 Posts
Remember that we are dealing with some sort of ink and anything that is picture like will be blurred. If we want to make anything that looks spot on its best if we stick to as few colors as we can. Just my 2 cents

Cheers

·
Registered
146 Posts
Now I understand :)

"We do it in the dark"

or

"It's always better in the dark"

or

"Theatre:

the·a·ter or the·a·tre ( P ) (th-tr) n.

[Middle English theatre, from Old French, from Latin thetrum, from Greek thetron, from thesthai, to watch, from the, a viewing.]

1) A building, room, or outdoor structure for the presentation of plays, films, or other dramatic performances.

2) A room with tiers of seats used for lectures or demonstrations: an operating theater at a medical school.

3) A big hole in my house I throw money into.

I also agree with Kent_L that the white background and mostly solid/simple colors will be better.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here are a couple of simple designs. However, from some of the discussions, it seems like the shadow may have to go?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Or, with a white background ...

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Here's one (showing how it would look on a black, gray or white background).

[edit] This one's kinda busy looking, so I pulled it.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.