AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my 360 since its launch date, and have never had a problem.

Until the last update.

Now it freezes continually. It started by quitting on me right in the middle of a Halo match then I couldn't even get past the boot up screen. Eventually it did boot up and I played for a few hours so I thought it was ok. Then last night I was going to hopping on to get some gaming in and right and it freezes again. Distraught, I visit the 360 website and it advises to to take off the harddrive and see if boots without it, indicating a problem on there. Nope, freezes again.

So - its screwed. Anyone else have this problem with an early generation 360 and if so how was Microsoft in correcting the problem? I don't want to go a month without my Xbox.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was in much the same situation as you....just constant freezing, got worse until I couldn't go twenty minutes without freezing up the console.

MS was actually pretty good with the replacement. I called on 12/29/06, received the "coffin" on 1/3/07, the replacement unit was delivered to my door on 1/15/07 so a few weeks for the turnaround and it was tough but I made it through okay

The replacement unit they sent looked almost brand new - manuf. date - 11/17/06

The manuf. date for my old console was 12/24/05.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Just call them and get the ball rolling on a replacement. This thread will be locked soon.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The problem is he is past the warranty period unless he bought the extended warranty from microsoft. Although it sounds like the last update might have caused the system to get screwed up, which if it did, then Microsoft should be obligated to replace the system for no cost to the consumer, but microsoft would probabally claim that the update didn't cause the problems and it will be hard to prove that it did.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
True enough. Until enough folks band together and make enough noise to MS, or someone can prove what is bricking these systems, an out of warranty claim like this is going to cost. Unless you get a sympathetic rep on the phone and they have mercy on you and decide to place it under warranty service.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPORLCD /forum/post/0

The problem is he is past the warranty period unless he bought the extended warranty from microsoft.

Not quite true- any system manufactured before 1/1/06 is still covered. Microsoft just replaced my launch console for free.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPORLCD /forum/post/0

The problem is he is past the warranty period unless he bought the extended warranty from microsoft. Although it sounds like the last update might have caused the system to get screwed up, which if it did, then Microsoft should be obligated to replace the system for no cost to the consumer, but microsoft would probabally claim that the update didn't cause the problems and it will be hard to prove that it did.

They better not. I'll be calling when I get home from work to get this going. Why is this hurting some consoles and not others?

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I've warned about this before. Got a problem? Post about it in one of the stickies.

CLOSED

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.