AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's it. The new scalers, leeza and extron, both use 2 bnc's instead of s-video. What that means is that I need to find a cable that has an s-video female on one end and breaks out into 2 male BNC's on the other end. Extron sells this item, but does not sell retail and has no B&M dealers in NYC. Would love instant gratification and get on locally in NYC, but anywhere is good. Let me know if you have a source. Eric

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
for the record, that typical s-video connector is called a DIN connector.

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Hey,

Try giving KeyDigital a buzz, shouldn't a couple of these breakout cables come with the unit?

Rogerdon,

I would assume that some of your sources (SVHS recorder / Tivo) will continue to be SVideo driven. The LEEZA is forward thinking (just like the Vigatec Dune) by offering so many input options. There is reason to believe many of their cusomters are still using some non-component and non-SDI inputs...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oferlaor,

I wasn't suggesting that S-Video will soon be obsolete, only their was little need in my view for an expensive S-Video cable for sat, S-VHS etc. I would hope that Key Digital starts to include an S-Video breakout with the LEEZA.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ericbee,

You will find the breakout cable you need inexpensively at
http://www.a2zcables.com

These are actually S-video to BNC females; then use a gender switcher and you are home free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.